Sponsored

Help with ford performance hood strut install

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
One of the struts from my first set squealed horribly when opening and closing, had to get a second set. This one has been fine for several months now.
Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
You really need to yank them to get them off but they will come off. I cut a slot out of my battery cover so I can pull the cover without pulling the hood strut (stupidest design ever).
Me too

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Well the welder said no issue. The fix will be better than before to fix my over torqued bolt that snapped off. Just a painful $175. Very expensive lesson I learned but hey. It is what it is.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on delivery for the Cervini struts (today?), figured they would match the Cervini hood best.
Anybody with any feed back on these before I dive in this weekend?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Waiting on delivery for the Cervini struts (today?), figured they would match the Cervini hood best.
Anybody with any feed back on these before I dive in this weekend?
Just do it slightly tighter than hand tight. Use a ratchet don’t go nuts. The Cervini hood struts are good for the Cervini hood because they are guaranteed fiberglass rated safe.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I threw mine in the trash and bought redline struts way better set up the fastening system on the Ford kit was crap !
... bro... no kidding. I MANGLED my fender when the threaded oval nut turned ever so slightly and pulled out of the hole. I loosened, repositioned and by this time the star washer wasn't doing it's job. What a mess....

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Is there even a way to disconnect the struts from the hardware once they click in. Seems pretty much locked.
There’s a little opening you can fit a flathead screw driver into to pop the strut off the mount which I recently found out is pretty standard for gas struts.

I also put mine on upside down originally…

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are safely in their original box 1 year later... lol
Sponsored