Stripes

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Has Anyone attempted to remove the stripes? My car is coming with them, too late to change. I am thinking heat gun and patience.....
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
And an adhesive remover... and maybe a polish afterwards.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
but you paid $600 just to remove it? :frusty:

OP
OP

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Strips

The car was already ordered & they could not change the order.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I wonder how soon after the paint drys that the stripes get put on?

Sponsored

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good question. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this black/white striped car... but you never know. Those matte black stripes w/ red accent looks sexy...

Shelbyman66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GMC Sierra (6.2l), some 66 Shelbys, 16 GT350
If you've never done it before I would recommend taking it to a professional detail shop that does decals and such. Ask the dealer to throw it in as part of the deal. Haha

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Coming from a family that has owned a body shop for over 45 years I can tell you this...
The longer a decal or stripe stays on, the longer the adhesive will bite into the paint. once removed you will still see the outline of the stripe or decal. It etched into the paint or clear coat. And believe it or not, the only way to truly get rid of the outline is to strip it down to bare metal. So if you are serious about not wanting the stripes the sooner you remove them the better. They are not hard to remove. Depending on how warm or cold the area you remove them is. The warmer the better. You can pour hot water on them to soften them up and peel them off or like another guy said use a hair drier. If you never done it before a heat gun can burn your paint. After the decal is removed use 3M adhesive remover then wash and wax. If you ever need to install a stripe or decal, clean the area, clay bar it, then do your layout, then take a tack cloth and make sure it's dirt and dust free. Once it's smooth and clean spray a spoapy water solution onto the area or onto the back of the decal and place it onto the surface. The soapy water will allow you to move the decal into the position you want and allows you to squeegee out the air bubbles. Once dry it's on for good or until you peel it off. What ford did wrong on some OTT stripes was squeegee the stripes dry or without the protective paper on the stripe and the squeegee marred the stripe surface.:frusty:
Sponsored