Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
What ever happened to the missing stripes was at worst a fairly minor issue or bit of damage. Nothing to lose much sleep over. Replace the stripes and enjoy the car.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Called the dealer, $110 plus 13% taxes (Canadian) for just the two small stripes for the bottom bumper. Not bad but still a little surprising
Dang, I can buy enough vinyl to put stripes from front to back for 110 U.S. dollars. Assuming you can find a color match it shouldnt cost more than 20 dollars to do that small area.

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
Dang, I can buy enough vinyl to put stripes from front to back for 110 U.S. dollars. Assuming you can find a color match it shouldnt cost more than 20 dollars to do that small area.
Yeah, Canada kinda sucks for this sort of thing. I see them for $45 USD online. It's $110 CAD plus taxes FYI, not USD. Also straight from a dealership

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
Quick update... PPF on the bottom part of the bumper IS there so I'm guessing it was replaced at some point and the blue stripes came off with it. I did notice that the PPF on the stripes is actually a separate piece; so 4 pieces total on the hood for example. Is everybody's like this as well? I'm guessing they do this so there's no possibility of air bubbles or something forming next to the stripes. I'm willing to bet this wasn't applied to the very bottom of the bumper and that's why the stripes came off.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The only way my Xpel guy would cover my stripes was with individual pieces. Yes, no air pockets and it looks great. IMO the stripes need to be protected or they will get destroyed if you track this car.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The only way my Xpel guy would cover my stripes was with individual pieces. Yes, no air pockets and it looks great. IMO the stripes need to be protected or they will get destroyed if you track this car.
Why is that? I'm looking at PPF and the places I've talked to haven't mentioned this

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is that? I'm looking at PPF and the places I've talked to haven't mentioned this
They haven’t mentioned covering your stripes, or how to cover them? Not sure I understand the question. The Xpel Ultimate kit for stripe coverage produces separate pieces, including a separate piece for the painted section between the two stripes. If you look up the GT 350 kits on the Xpel site you will see how they cut their kits.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
They haven’t mentioned covering your stripes, or how to cover them? Not sure I understand the question. The Xpel Ultimate kit for stripe coverage produces separate pieces, including a separate piece for the painted section between the two stripes. If you look up the GT 350 kits on the Xpel site you will see how they cut their kits.
I'd love to see close up pictures of your set up. I would imagine the air pockets is a good compromise for 1 solid piece. You have 5 separate pieces on your hood, and at least the edges of the stripe Xpel are higher and exposed?

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
My installer placed all uncut Suntek PPF over stripes, no air pockets. People who looking at the car have never noticed that it's a PPF over the car. That being said, my car is white. The dark colored cars may have a different result.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07A80C17-DCCB-4F00-A1F1-73E7005C807F.jpeg
I'd love to see close up pictures of your set up. I would imagine the air pockets is a good compromise for 1 solid piece. You have 5 separate pieces on your hood, and at least the edges of the stripe Xpel are higher and exposed?
It’s very difficult to take a photo of the Xpel intersections, but you are correct that the height relationship of the stripe on the paint remains. You can still feel the difference with your hand. You can see the sections in the pattern I pulled from the Xpel site. So far, it’s been great for two years. No lifting or dirt getting under there.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Wasn't there a member here who preferred the look without those bottom stripes and removed them?