GT350 Front Bumper on S550

ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Hello! I just bought the GT350 front bumper conversion to my 2017 gt and I am looking for a reliable place to get it painted in the DFW area. Also the reason I am replacing my stock is because I clipped the splitter/bumper on the highway and broke part of it as well as lost the plastic cover underneath. Will I need to reorder that plastic piece from Ford so I can get all the clips and pieces?
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hello! I just bought the GT350 front bumper conversion to my 2017 gt and I am looking for a reliable place to get it painted in the DFW area. Also the reason I am replacing my stock is because I clipped the splitter/bumper on the highway and broke part of it as well as lost the plastic cover underneath. Will I need to reorder that plastic piece from Ford so I can get all the clips and pieces?
Does somebody actually make a GT350 front bumper conversion for GT's? Is it a kit of parts?

The reason I'm asking is that I thought the only way to put a genuine GT350 front on an S550 was to start by replacing the fenders, the hood and pretty much everything else forward from there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does somebody actually make a GT350 front bumper conversion for GT's? Is it a kit of parts?

The reason I'm asking is that I thought the only way to put a genuine GT350 front on an S550 was to start by replacing the fenders, the hood and pretty much everything else forward from there.
Correct if wanting to do a real GT350 conversion using Ford parts. Not only what you mentioned but the entire core support and inner fender extensions, splash shields and many other misc parts are needed.

This thread details everything needed that another M6G Member did for his correct S550 GT to GT350 conversion using all Ford parts:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-le-you-dont-see-this-every-day.79129/

OP
OP

ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017

No!! There are many places that have GT350 conversion bumpers that fit on just GTs. They are specifically made to fit onto the GTs and even make GT500 conversion bumpers too

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No!! There are many places that have GT350 conversion bumpers that fit on just GTs. They are specifically made to fit onto the GTs and even make GT500 conversion bumpers too
Fascinating - thanks!

GaleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gale
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Great tip. A close friend here will be working on a a GT that needs a new bumper.
Sponsored