Stripes missing on bottom bumper..?

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
So I’m picking up my 2018 gt350 in a couple days and I was looking at a photo of and totally didn’t realize that the stripes on the very bottom part of the bumper is missing (right above the front lip). The car only has 6000 miles on it and it seems to have had front 3M wrap on the bumper and hood since day 1.

Are these stripes installed at the dealer during PDI? Trying to think of a reason as to why they’d be missing. Dealer doesn’t have a clue since I literally bought it the day they brought it into the showroom.
8F88AA30-7D02-45DF-90B2-CD54CAF2255C.jpeg
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
should be there from the factory. Is 3M PPF still on the bottom part of the bumper? If not and assuming the film was there, that explains why stripes are missing. Usually stripes pulled off during/with film removal if not careful.

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
should be there from the factory. Is 3M PPF still on the bottom part of the bumper? If not and assuming the film was there, that explains why stripes are missing. Usually stripes pulled off during/with film removal if not careful.
I will check again when I pick up the car but from what I could tell the PPF covers the entirety of the bumper. So it makes no sense that they would have put the stripes back on the top part but not the bottom part.

unless the previous owner liked the way that looked. Who knows. Doesn’t look terrible I guess but I’d like them to be put back on.

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
Called the dealer, $110 plus 13% taxes (Canadian) for just the two small stripes for the bottom bumper. Not bad but still a little surprising

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The factory stripes are very expensive when purchased after production

Sponsored

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
The factory stripes are very expensive when purchased after production
Seems that way. I’ll probably just leave it until it bothers me

4macomb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I would check closely for crash or transportation damage. Maybe the lower front bumper was repainted and the stripes were left off.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Is it sold as CPO or As Is? If CPO, they should replace the OEM stripes at their cost.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I would check closely for crash or transportation damage. Maybe the lower front bumper was repainted and the stripes were left off.
This was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Very unlikely it left the factory that way. Most likely as suggested has had the entire front bumper cover replaced due to damage, probably hit some object. May well not show up on Carfax, etc.(owl tool out mine, replaced by body shop under insurance with all stripes, had Suntek and replaced that as well after the new bumper cover on....nothing on Carfax last time I checked). Would have the car inspected before final purchase to be sure no additional damage (oil cooler, etc.) then just pay to have them put on cause looks like crap without them.:giggle:

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Not to pile on the doom and gloom, but agreed it's possible the bumper was either replaced or fixed.

It's also entirely possible the PO had the PPF replaced on that section, and the stripes came off when they removed the old PPF. Personally I think this one's more likely. This happened to me when I had my clear bra done originally. They messed up a piece and had to redo it, and it lifted a stripe in the removal process. They bought and reapplied the stripe (and of course also the PPF film) on their dime and did a great job.

Either way, personally, I'd have them reinstalled regardless of who pays for it. It looks unfinished without.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Like others said, watch out for bumper replacement. My roof stripes came off when they had to re-do the clear bra. Ended up with a new black-colored clear bra on my roof.

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
Not to pile on the doom and gloom, but agreed it's possible the bumper was either replaced or fixed.

It's also entirely possible the PO had the PPF replaced on that section, and the stripes came off when they removed the old PPF. Personally I think this one's more likely. This happened to me when I had my clear bra done originally. They messed up a piece and had to redo it, and it lifted a stripe in the removal process. They bought and reapplied the stripe (and of course also the PPF film) on their dime and did a great job.

Either way, personally, I'd have them reinstalled regardless of who pays for it. It looks unfinished without.
Yeah there's nothing on the carfax. The engine was replaced at 5000 miles however, I'm buying at 6000 miles. It's preowned and I purchased as is.

It's only $110 for the bottom stripes.. No big deal.. I'll order them and have my buddy's body shop install them.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
There are so many pristine examples for sale... why settle on this option that has so many questions?

Last edited:
OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
There are so many pristine examples for sale... why settle on this option with that has so many questions?
Not around me there aren't, this was also the colour and spec combo I wanted. I have the full service history from the dealership..

I've already purchased the car and this really has nothing to do with what I'm asking
Sponsored