Strange "swirling air" type noise / Rattle from engine w/ throttle -Help

misel00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a 2017 GT350 w/ about 3,000 miles on it. It does not matter if the car is cold or warm. It mainly makes the noise when I am in 1st and 2nd gear with the application of throttle. It's more noticeable at the beginning of the throttle response. As more throttle is given the noise goes away. It is driving me nuts! I do not really hear it in 3rd or 4th gear. It's also not making the noise at idle or with clutch engaged w/out giving it any throttle. It is extremely noticeable driving down down quite side street w/ my windows down. Noise def sounds like it's coming from under the engine. It's not coming from the rear.

The best way to describe it would be almost like a loud whirling air rushing type noise (almost metallic but not really) when throttle is applied in lower gears. From what I checked it's not the air intake or obvious hoses but under the engine. I searched the other "noise" posts on here but this is somehow different in what makes the noise happen. Also, If the car is doing 5-20 mph and I blip the Throttle I can hear it immediately do the noise until it gets past a certain throttle point. After It's given more throttle the noise seems to stop but will return under the original conditions like clock work!

If anyone can please offer any suggestions a to what maybe causing this please reply. I hate the dealers by me as they are clueless & they most likely will say they don't hear it or it's normal. It is not normal in any way. Thanks to other GT350 owners who can help me out with this.
Sponsored