Sponsored

Stock vs Tuned vs JLT vs PMAS - The Real Dyno Test!

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Should post the dyno's on the first post so people stop asking for them :)
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This makes me less and less interested in getting a tune. I don't plan on going headers so it's very small gains.
Its not the peak you have to look at its the average. How often do you rev your car past 6k?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Stock to jlt is 5whp, stock to pms is 9 whp. This should put the cai debate to rest. It all comes down to the looks i guess. JLT nailed it. I m curious if we will get some vendors opinion on this. Thanks for the tests guys!

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], Thank you very much for posting and highlighting the data points at different speeds.

I still stand by what I said that this doesn't show me anything to convince me of tuning, as the only gains here (on 93) are at the very top end. I spend the vast majority of the time below 5000 rpm, so it'd be nice to have some more mid-range, if no gains at the low-end. 2-4 hp is within the noise of not noticeable. I suppose it'd worth it if there's noticeable improvements at partial throttle and for response.

Edit: are these all with the tune, just the three airboxes? Do you have the three pulls for stock, too?
What you want I got from a dyno tune and cam tuning. Lots of cam tuning brings the tq back in. Have ever been tuned?
First line is stock intake manifold with headers and JLT on 93.
Second line is gt350 intake with same headers and JLT on 93
IMG_2522.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Its not the peak you have to look at its the average. How often do you rev your car past 6k?
Exactly. If I look at the area under the curve below 6k, it's not that impressive over stock for ~$500 (tuner + tune). I want some data to convince me otherwise though :)

Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sorry if I missed it, all runs were done with the hood open?

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], Thank you very much for posting and highlighting the data points at different speeds.

I still stand by what I said that this doesn't show me anything to convince me of tuning, as the only gains here (on 93) are at the very top end. I spend the vast majority of the time below 5000 rpm, so it'd be nice to have some more mid-range, if no gains at the low-end. 2-4 hp is within the noise of not noticeable. I suppose it'd worth it if there's noticeable improvements at partial throttle and for response.

Edit: are these all with the tune, just the three airboxes? Do you have the three pulls for stock, too?
You have E-85 near you? Why no headers?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You have E-85 near you? Why no headers?
I have to go decently out of my way to get it. If it weren't a daily driver I wouldn't care about that. I also don't want the significant drop in range that E-85 would give me...same reasons.

As for headers, the biggest reasons are: 1) Expensive, though some are quite substantially more affordable, 2) doing the install on jackstands appears to be an exercise in torture, 3) it would make my fairly loud exhaust louder than I want, even if sounding amazing, and 4) which is related to #1, I'd rather spend that kind of money on handling mods, including dedicated track wheels & tires.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it sounds like you want significant torque gains everywhere, without sacrificing anything at all, or paying any significant amount of money.

join the club. don't we all?

unfortunately that's not how it works.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I have to go decently out of my way to get it. If it weren't a daily driver I wouldn't care about that. I also don't want the significant drop in range that E-85 would give me...same reasons.

As for headers, the biggest reasons are: 1) Expensive, though some are quite substantially more affordable, 2) doing the install on jackstands appears to be an exercise in torture, 3) it would make my fairly loud exhaust louder than I want, even if sounding amazing, and 4) which is related to #1, I'd rather spend that kind of money on handling mods, including dedicated track wheels & tires.
You are really missing out. I was bored of my car until I got it tuned. Stock it was as fast as a v6 accord coupe lol.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
it sounds like you want significant torque gains everywhere, without sacrificing anything at all, or paying any significant amount of money.

Yea without boost this 5.0 wasn't designed for low end tq.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

No, I just don't want something that only gains at the top, because I don't spend all that much time there. I'd happily pay that for something that gave me a noticeable gain through the midrange.

2-5 HP in the areas you actually drive the car in, with 15 HP at the very top is not a good use of money, IMO. People like [MENTION=11514]09jsw[/MENTION] and others give me optimism that it's more than meets the eye, though, and that the dyno graph only tells a small portion of the story.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
No, I just don't want something that only gains at the top, because I don't spend all that much time there. I'd happily pay that for something that gave me a noticeable gain through the midrange.

2-5 HP in the areas you actually drive the car in, with 15 HP at the very top is not a good use of money, IMO. People like [MENTION=11514]09jsw[/MENTION] and others give me optimism that it's more than meets the eye, though, and that the dyno graph only tells a small portion of the story.
i did pmas/headers/lund ff tune at the same time and it is a totally different car...i can't tell ya what did the most and have zero numbers to prove anything, but i can assure you these folks aren't lying to you about the huge improvements:cheers:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

What graphs are you looking at? I don't think anything has been posted in this thread that shows stock car vs. tune only car. Or even stock car vs. anything.

EDIT: Now I see the numbers posted on around page 17.
Sponsored