Sponsored

Stock 2021 Mach 1 vs Stock 2021 GT

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a good reason the Mach 1 is Not a rip off!
Ha

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I swear I saw a company test a bone stock 18 and it made 400 plus rwhp. Not sure if it was LMR or whatnot.

You never know these days

edit: here you go

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
That’s seems a little light from what I’ve seen for a standard Gt

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Ford missed the boat so bad with the Mach 1.

The Mach E steals its exclusivity. The previous Bullitt give the Mach 1 engine nothing to lust after.

Mach 1 should have been a DCT All Motor straightline car aimed at the 1320 Scat Pack.

Something like the 580 hp 5.2 AlumaXS paired with a DCT would literally print money.

The Mach 1 is nothing more than a better looking Bullitt with a Tremec if your a manual type.

580hp and a DCT would have slotted nicely between a GT350 and a GT500.

More HP than a GT350 more TQ and share the GT500 trans.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ford missed the boat so bad with the Mach 1.

The Mach E steals its exclusivity. The previous Bullitt give the Mach 1 engine nothing to lust after.

Mach 1 should have been a DCT All Motor straightline car aimed at the 1320 Scat Pack.

Something like the 580 hp 5.2 AlumaXS paired with a DCT would literally print money.

The Mach 1 is nothing more than a better looking Bullitt with a Tremec if your a manual type.

580hp and a DCT would have slotted nicely between a GT350 and a GT500.

More HP than a GT350 more TQ and share the GT500 trans.
What you’re saying is the Mach 1 should have been $25k more than it currently is. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t have been interested. The car you’re describing already exists. Dct, big power………gt500.

You may think that car you’re dreaming of slots in nicely between the two shelbys and maybe it does. But that’s not what Ford intended the Mach 1 to be. Ive said it before on here and I guess it has to be repeated. The only people disappointed in the Mach 1 are those that did not pay attention from the beginning as to what this car was going to be.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
What you’re saying is the Mach 1 should have been $25k more than it currently is. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t have been interested. The car you’re describing already exists. Dct, big power………gt500.

You may think that car you’re dreaming of slots in nicely between the two shelbys and maybe it does. But that’s not what Ford intended the Mach 1 to be. Ive said it before on here and I guess it has to be repeated. The only people disappointed in the Mach 1 are those that did not pay attention from the beginning as to what this car was going to be.
Apparently you should look at the heritage of the Mach 1 namely the SN95 one.....

NA 32v car with a SRA meant for straight line NOT to encroach the Cobra of its day.

Please run along with the history lessons....

25k is some random number pulled from your............?

Parts for the combo listed above was already available in house nothings new or special. Ford missed the oppertunity.

Hell use a 5.2 shortblock with gen3 DI heads and the GT350/Bullitt/Mach 1 intake manifold paired with the DCT.

The entire list of parts is already being used on various trim levels.

ZERO parts would be exclusive.

But then again at least the GT350 had a badass engine only found in a GT350.

The Mach 1 is nothing more than a Bullitt wearing a dress and lipstick LOL.

Its ok you dont have to tell yourself that.

My point is the Mach 1 COULD have been a wayyyyy better more exclusive package but its not period.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
What you're saying would mean Mach 1 wouldn't be sold in Europe, just like GT350/GT500. No, thanks!

It's track package for GT. The difference between GT and Bullitt is lot smaller than between GT and Mach 1 as well. 5.2, DCT, that's just wishful thinking, lol. Btw, if you didn't notice, green is the only colour that's not available for Mach 1, so it has nothing in common with Bullitt 🙃 Ford didn't miss any opportunity, it's spot on.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I love people that come in with completely unrealistic expectations and want all of it for $50,000.

Techknowguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium
I swear I saw a company test a bone stock 18 and it made 400 plus rwhp. Not sure if it was LMR or whatnot.

You never know these days

edit: here you go
I’ve seen other dyno runs of GTs that were over 400 rwhp, too, but every dyno and environmental situation is slightly different.
The neat part about this is that they were both tested on the same dyno on the same day. That takes all of those variables out of the equation and makes it an “apples to apples” comparison.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Seems like a good reason the Mach 1 is Not a rip off!
Ha
Couple coolers and horsepower is worth $10k to you?

And yeah, something is a bit off with that dyno even being 6th gear. My Gen 2 Coyote had better numbers than that and many Gen 3s are low 400s easily.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
First of all the M 1 is a creation of Ford Motor Company. They can, and will do whatever they want with the nameplate. It is just a cool car for those that want one. As we have debated this last year over and over and over.

The Dyno is really interesting. My understanding is that unless run 1:1 which is 7th in the 10R80, the numbers really shouldn't be compared to other dyno runs at 7th gear.

Great comparison. However looking at the graph, I don't see a HP hitting 400+. Did Steeda just interpolate the HP/TQ?