Sponsored

Stock 2021 Mach 1 vs Stock 2021 GT

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Yeah and how about this contradiction, one sentence right after the other:

"The engine sounds delicious, but it's not what I would call snappy and responsive. One of the quickest, most confident Mustangs we've ever tested on the figure eight. "

So one of the quickest Mustangs they ever tested doesn't have a snappy or responsive engine? Which one is it? Weird.
I guess both statements could be true but I get what youā€™re saying. Itā€™s hard to put too much faith in magazine reviews. Iā€™ve always kind of assumed their reviews are based heavily on who spends the most advertising dollars. Iā€™ve read articles where they gush over some uninspiring shit box economy car and I canā€™t help but think all those full page ads the manufacturer took out paid off come review time.
Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Yeah and how about this contradiction, one sentence right after the other:

"The engine sounds delicious, but it's not what I would call snappy and responsive. One of the quickest, most confident Mustangs we've ever tested on the figure eight. "

So one of the quickest Mustangs they ever tested doesn't have a snappy or responsive engine? Which one is it? Weird.
I have never driven a Coyote that I'd call unresponsive, GEN I, II, or III. Being snappy and responsive IS one of the great pleasures in driving one, it makes power in a nice linear manner, likes to rev, and is ready to deliver all the time, and it begs for more when you dip into the throttle.

If the Coyote is "unresponsive", then he must describe the Camaro SS engine as "dead". That thing is powerful, but feels lazy compared to DOHC Coyote. For the record, I'm not knocking the Camaro, just trying to make a relevant relative comparison, which is what a good automotive writer should do. Any praise or criticism should usually be made relative to something else, or we are left deciphering what the author means.....and in this case I think he was out to lunch on that passage.

Usually engine responsiveness is caused by the natural power band, gearing, tune, electronic pedal control tune ect. He should have been more specific with what he perceived the problem to be.

Good drivers can honestly disagree about a car, its why I always say, in regards to suspension hardness, you really have to drive a car yourself as your tolerance is different from the next guy, funny thing about tolerance too is it changes with age! Good writers should try to paint the picture relative to a similar car, and even then you still have to drive it.

Its like handgun recommendations, dude you have to fire them and decide which one you like!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Its like handgun recommendations, dude you have to fire them and decide which one you like!
Careful, that reads like something my wife says at the gun store :cwl:

her: which of the 3 pistols on the counter are you going to buy today?

Me: no need to fire them. Weā€™ll take all of them.

her: whatā€™s wrong with you?

me: ā€˜Merica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The FRPP3 for the gen2 cars had 472hp, not 478 at the crank. The reason theyā€™re only 8hp less than the stock Bullitt/M1 is that the owner agrees to only use 91+ octane, so the (aftermarket) spark curve is more aggressive than on a car that has to live on 87 if a clueless owner uses that in a 5/60 warrantied product. Same bolt ons, different tune requirements, somewhat different engine.

The Bullitt/M1 has around 480, not 500 hp. If Ford were underrating it like that weā€™d see faster trap speeds in these cars with two different manual trannys: 115 (C&D). They (C&D) got 4 manual 18+ GTs at 114-115, 3 15-17s at 112-113. If the gen 2 has 435 and the gen 3 460-470, 480 for the B/M1 is about right.
if that was the case then we wouldnā€™t see this big difference in the dyno numbers

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Having owned a '19 Bullet, '20 HEP GT350 and now, the Mach 1 from Zack. I am going back to basics. 5.0 GT, A10, Roush S/C. In black. I'll deal with upkeep of the black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Having owned a '19 Bullet, '20 HEP GT350 and now, the Mach 1 from Zack. I am going back to basics. 5.0 GT, A10, Roush S/C. In black. I'll deal with upkeep of the black.
You're selling the Mach 1!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yeah what turned you against it so fast?
When one is handed $6k more than was paid for it ? Hell yes I sold it ! You'd do the same too. When the order books open for '22, I'll order another one.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
When one is handed $6k more than was paid for it ? Hell yes I sold it ! You'd do the same too. When the order books open for '22, I'll order another one.
And if the 22 MSRP is 15K moreā€¦. Whoops!

Last edited: