Stock 2021 Mach 1 vs Stock 2021 GT

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The transmission is probably one of the biggest upgrades that the regular GT doesn't have. The coolers aren't going to do anything for regular street drivers. The exhaust is also unique. Diffuser as well.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The transmission is probably one of the biggest upgrades that the regular GT doesn't have. The coolers aren't going to do anything for regular street drivers. The exhaust is also unique. Diffuser as well.
PP2 was on the 350 subframe, you sure about that?

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
i'm sure after giving us history lessons you'll continue with a lecture on business and how it would have been economically feasible for ford to create an entirely new engine package, make it profitable through team mustang selling only a limited number of cars in the US, AND.......make it possible to sell to foreign markets. we all eagerly await your analysis on this........

25k was a rough estimate of what i estimated it would cost to add a dct (do you have any idea what those cost? i do........i have one. what dct equipped car do you own that you have priced out cost? and again, explain how this combo of parts would make financial sense AND be able to sell in the european market where they have tighter emissions testing and controls.

did you get this magical combo you dreamed up approved through the epa, as well as similar organizations in nations all around the world?

so what? building a car and selling it is not as simple as the build you put together in your garage with a parts catalog

its almost like the gt350 was managed by a different group inside ford......with different goals, and a different budget.

in your mind you probably thought this was some kind of witty comment. unfortunately it wasn't.
it sounds like the mach 1 isn't for you. and thats ok. for the rest of us, we appreciate what the car is and enjoy every minute of driving it.

and you could have been a wayyyyy better poster that contributed insightful, unique thoughts to a discussion about the mach 1. but we don't always get what we want do we.........
We get it, you need to justify to yourself that Ford didn't completely screw you over. The Mach 1 is totally worth it and not overpriced at all. Happy?

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
We get it, you need to justify to yourself that Ford didn't completely screw you over. The Mach 1 is totally worth it and not overpriced at all. Happy?
Absolutely. Yes. SI.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...however, it would have been great if Ford had put a larger
engine in the Mach 1; say a 5.7 or a 351 ci.

IMG_0467.JPG

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
So...new to this thread, I see it kinda went off the rails from pages 2 on. Going back to the original steeda comparison-

I was super impressed by how much the throttle body/air intake improves power and torque at low RPM:

Steeda dyno runs.png

Like don't get me wrong it's awesome that peak HP is higher than the stock, but just the amount of usable power over the entire RPM range of the engine makes me super excited for mine to finally show up

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don’t have to justify anything. Nothing I’ve said was incorrect, which is why neither you nor the poster I was quoting could come up with anything interesting to say.
the Mach 1 is totally worth it. To me. And quite a few other people here. It’s priced correctly. To me. And again, to quite a few others.
you don’t think it’s worth it and that’s great. You think it’s overpriced. Wonderful. But going on a full year of production to read the same tired low IQ posts about ford should have put a gt500 motor in it…….it should have had a dct…….it should have been all those things AND had a base price of $49k……it gets old. So as a response I feel like pointing out the foolishness of those posts.
and yes I am happy thank you! I just finished dinner and went out to the garage fridge to get a frozen pineapple fruit bar and ended up staring at the Mach 1 for a couple minutes. Still catch myself feeling almost surprised at times that a car this cool to me is sitting in my garage. :like:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You’re like a pimple that won’t go away.
Hating on a car for no reason all the time.
what’s your angle man?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So...new to this thread, I see it kinda went off the rails from pages 2 on. Going back to the original steeda comparison-

I was super impressed by how much the throttle body/air intake improves power and torque at low RPM:

Steeda dyno runs.png

Like don't get me wrong it's awesome that peak HP is higher than the stock, but just the amount of usable power over the entire RPM range of the engine makes me super excited for mine to finally show up
I totally agree, much more grunt in the low end and no loss up top.
Sponsored