Stock 2021 Mach 1 vs Stock 2021 GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah but a Saleen covered in cheesy aftermarket crap is sooooo much different and better.... yawn.
Wow, that front end is hideous!
Sorry but your car seems to match your personality, ugly!
And Saleens are a huge rip, not cheaper than Mach for some plastic
Guys, let's not drag ourselves down to @emcmtony level. There's nothing wrong with the Saleen. Same cannot be said about the owner.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, let's not drag ourselves down to @emcmtony level. There's nothing wrong with the Saleen. Same cannot be said about the owner.
You’re right, I apologize.
I like that Orange

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
tell me the Mach 1 looks better than this beauty
the Mach 1 looks better than that "beauty" :)
That is just crazy...the Mach 1 is barely any different than the GT. They put a shitty decal on the front, and a cheezy spoiler and called it a Mach 1.
But it's the Shelby GT350 spoiler, sir, it can do no wrong!

The 'penis' decal on the hood is very poor choice I agree. 2x or 2.5x wider so it more closely resembled the NACA hood would have been better.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
the Mach 1 looks better than that "beauty" :)

But it's the Shelby GT350 spoiler, sir, it can do no wrong!

The 'penis' decal on the hood is very poor choice I agree. 2x or 2.5x wider so it more closely resembled the NACA hood would have been better.
I def agree on teh hood stripe, wider, NACA/NASA hood, would've fit this amazingly well. enough so that I may swap the hood on mine down the road and go with a different hood blackout.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I def agree on teh hood stripe, wider, NACA/NASA hood, would've fit this amazingly well. enough so that I may swap the hood on mine down the road and go with a different hood blackout.
I had a couple of 71 Mach’s back in the day. That hood would look amazing on this S550 body!

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You are a child.
I mean how can you call someone else a child when you were the one who started all the smack talking.

I really like your car, I have owned a Saleen and it was an awesome car but don't get pissy if people start knocking your car after you start knocking theirs.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I mean how can you call someone else a child when you were the one who started all the smack talking.

I really like your car, I have owned a Saleen and it was an awesome car but don't get pissy if people start knocking your car after you start knocking theirs.
I didn't start smack talking. I was pointing out my preferences. It never got personal with me until I was attacked. I get what you are saying though

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I didn't start smack talking. I was pointing out my preferences. It never got personal with me until I was attacked. I get what you are saying though
Seriously?

I don't know why anyone would want the cosmetic package for the Mach 1. I think the car is UGLY.
The Mach 1 is an ugly car. Period. I don't know why anyone would want a Mach 1. I am not impressed at all
That is just crazy...the Mach 1 is barely any different than the GT. They put a shitty decal on the front, and a cheezy spoiler and called it a Mach 1.
Attitude man, attitude.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This thread was supposed to get the Mach & GT guys stirred up. F#$king Saleen was a huge bonus prize to sling mud at.:giggle:

Sponsored

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Super Stock costs wayyyyyyyy more than the 1320 did. You are comparing a NA car to a SC car?

Personally under 65k Porsche Cayman because HP apparently doesnt matter to the Mach 1 crowd...... LOL!!
I had a 392. An actual paid off SRT with way more torque than a M1 or a GT350. I’m talking about new cars , not discontinued ones.
If my concern was running the 1/4, why would I buy the slower car? In order to get any power to the ground in a Challenger you need the widebody anyway to fit wider tires. Not a fan of the widebody, the fenders look tacked on.

I just priced a minamally equipped Cayman, came out to over 75k before taxes. A better choice for me would be the M2 Comp. I prefer a V8 though.

The Mustang has been my second choice since around 1990. The Mach 1 ticks off the most boxes for what I currently want.

lol.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
well this was a interesting read today during lunch.

Al Reit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
I optioned a gt premium pp1 equal to my Mach 1 (non handling pack) and it was 51k. My mach 1 was 58k, which included the 1k appearance pack. Adjusting for the appearance pack, the difference is 6k.

Would I pay 6k for a dif cooler, trans cooler, oil cooler, gt350 front & rear subframes, upgrade to tremic trans, 20 more hp, and upgraded suspension/aero? If it’s purely a street car, I would, but I could see where other people wouldn’t. If it is a weekend track car, paying the 6k is an easy decision.

The difficult decision for me was used gt350 or Mach 1. I preferred the gt350, but not by enough to risk being one of the unlucky people with a blown engine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would I pay 6k for ... gt350 front & rear subframes, upgrade to tremic trans,
the Tremec and MT82 cost ~same. So there should be very little bump. The frames are the same, the durometer of the bushings are different. (Better) Bushing you can buy and have installed for $400 or rather less.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
You can't compare cost of parts like that. Business is not for charity but for profit. Limited editions cost extra. Parts deemed as better, more powerful etc. cost extra. Why do carbon parts or ceramic brakes cost a small fortune? Because their manufactureres or the car manufacturers know they can sell it for those money to the right people.

There's always the choice to take the old parts out, sell them and replace them with better oem or aftermarket parts. You will probably save money, especially if you'll do the work yourself. And it'll probably work well. I did that before myself with my Mini Cooper S. You just can't ignore that some people will choose the factory way with warranty for more money, it's hassle free and also there's calibration you can't easily replace. Not everyone is dismantling cars for most of their life, but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate the car at its max potential.
Sponsored