Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I was not sure, so I attempted to remove the OEM spacer with a pair of vice grips. There is no way it was budging. I went ahead and slipped the gold spacer over the top and the mounts installed just fine. I reached out to a few others who have DIY'd also and they did the same. Maybe Steeda can confirm?
Send some photos to [email protected] and what you are referencing ... I showed the thread to our installer and he needed a visual to confirm.

TJ
Sponsored

Augster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed today using my stock GT shocks. Wow! More noticeable than I would have thought. Awesome.

BMR lockout = A+
Steeda shock mount = A+

Like driving a different car.

Overall install was straightforward, EXCEPT for not knowing I needed a special stock socket to tighten the new bolt at the top of the shock. Apparently it is not a common tool. I probably spent more time running around than actually finishing the job. I ended up using needle nose vice grips and closed wrench to get it tight. That worked.

Anyway great mod, highly recommend. :thumbsup:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback, have a great night!

TJ

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Once the mount is installed is it supposed to slide even after the bushing is torqued?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It's a bearing, so it should be able to move with some notable effort. The mount body itself should not move. Shock piston should of course go up and down.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Yeah big trouble. Mid way of running the special nut down it has seized, will not back off. I hand started and really think the threads were not cut right. I've broken an Allen wrench trying to remove it. As you can see im really trying to just get the shock and am mid way of slicing it off. Steeda we need to talk...

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah big trouble. Mid way of running the special nut down it has seized, will not back off. I hand started and really think the threads were not cut right. I've broken an Allen wrench trying to remove it. As you can see im really trying to just get the shock and am mid way of slicing it off. Steeda we need to talk...

I'm struggling with how you managed that. Get some heat to get that off. It should thread on entirely by hand, but you have guide the mount so it stays concentric.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
No way it spins completely down by hand. threads r jammed. as you can see the mount isnt even engaged to the sleeve nut. the nut is about 1/4" engaged to the threads on the shock, the other nut is bad as well so i will send it back and let Steeda investigate.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I'm struggling with how you managed that. Get some heat to get that off. It should thread on entirely by hand, but you have guide the mount so it stays concentric.
Wrap the shaft with electric tape pretty thick and put it in a vise or if you don't have a vice wrap the jaws of some 12" channel locks with electric tape then use an impact to back it off.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No way it spins completely down by hand. threads r jammed. as you can see the mount isnt even engaged to the sleeve nut. the nut is about 1/4" engaged to the threads on the shock, the other nut is bad as well so i will send it back and let Steeda investigate.
Which shocks do you have, and what billet shock mount kit did you order (what part number)? This sounds like you got the wrong thread pitch nut somehow.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Just installed mine this Wednesday and one of the nuts slide into both mounts with ease the other wouldn't, so we tried sanding it a tad and some grease to avail, so we slowly tapped it in but definitely wasn't like the other. It's not the mount it's the sleeve nut, it was after hours to call steeda so we just went with it. But I would have thought I was the only one.
Sponsored