Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello B. Crowder,

We'll check on that for you ... but I don't see it first glance on our cheat sheet for sizes.

It may be best to follow-up with RTR & get the size.

Best Regards,

TJ

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea what size the adjustable RTR Tactical Shocks are? I ordered the 12mm mounts. I guess I should have waited, but didn't want to miss the sale.
It's extremely likely you ordered the correct ones.

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
@BmacIL I think you are seeing what I am seeing. I might feel a bit disheartened seeing these RTR adjustables after having the Pro Actions.

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's S550 Billet shock mounts

HI everyone,they are back in stock!
steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-shock-mount-12mm-rear-shocks-2015-2017.jpg

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any updates for the Airlift spacer nut inserts?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Any idea what size the adjustable RTR Tactical Shocks are? I ordered the 12mm mounts. I guess I should have waited, but didn't want to miss the sale.
Yes, they are correct.
Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
I recently received and installed my shock mounts and like a few of you, I'm getting that slight clunk/noise on one side at low speed going over small bumps in the road. I noticed before installing them that the mount making the noise has a significantly looser bearing than the quiet one. As in it takes almost no effort at all to move the mount when connected to the shock, sort of floppy. Top nuts are tightened the same. Four mounting bolts also tightened to specified torque.

Can a looser bearing be the cause of the noise, or is something else going on?

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I recently received and installed my shock mounts and like a few of you, I'm getting that slight clunk/noise on one side at low speed going over small bumps in the road. I noticed before installing them that the mount making the noise has a significantly looser bearing than the quiet one. As in it takes almost no effort at all to move the mount when connected to the shock, sort of floppy. Top nuts are tightened the same. Four mounting bolts also tightened to specified torque.

Can a looser bearing be the cause of the noise, or is something else going on?
sent you a pm.

Thanks,

SteedaTech

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I will check first thing Monday am, with a update!

Steeda Tech
Any update? I talked to Jani on 8/28 and called John on 8/29 and was told I'd be contacted about it. Just don't want to bug you guys every week lol

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Mine seem to be getting worse. They definitely sound like they are loose. It's bit scary driving to work sounding like something is going to fall off back there. I'm going to put a torque wrench on them this weekend to make sure they are still tight.

@Steeda Tech I'll let you know how things go this weekend taking them apart again.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
Mine seem to be getting worse. They definitely sound like they are loose. It's bit scary driving to work sounding like something is going to fall off back there. I'm going to put a torque wrench on them this weekend to make sure they are still tight.

@Steeda Tech I'll let you know how things go this weekend taking them apart again.
This is a installation problem that seems to come up quite often. I had this problem with my installation. See post#127 pg 9 of this thread. This is something that should be covered in Steeda's install instructions but is not. You cannot torque the lock nut properly without holding the shock shaft with a closed end wrench at the same time. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...46sch01a-03/?gclid=CPPIm7_W6NECFYdrfgodRqsOJg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Agreed. I am a Steeda fan, but there is no excuse to have the most likely problem 1) not covered by the instructions and 2) not providing the special tool to mitigate it.

I still think they could source the open side socket or offset wrench in bulk for cheap. Or redesign the top of the mount and nut to work with a regular box end wrench.
Sponsored