OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] did not see the question.

For drag racing what settings would you set your shocks too, both front and rear on the adjustables?
Full Soft front. One complete turn off soft rear. To get started, you will make the adjustments in the rear to keep the rear tires planted.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Testing @ PBIR

Full Soft front. One complete turn off soft rear. To get started, you will make the adjustments in the rear to keep the rear tires planted.
Testing front and rear roll rate. Plus, new front lower control arms.
IMG_1731.jpg

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey SteedaTech,

Question about wheel and tire fitment with this coilover setup:

I'm looking to fit a 18x11" wheel with a 315/30/18 Rival S or Azenis RT615k+ tire front and rear. Or possibly a 19x11" wheel and 305/30/19 RE71R or similar. I already know there is no issue with the rear.

The issue is up front. Currently, I have Roush V3 coilovers with a 450 lb, 7" spring and the struts are not offset enough to run the 315s at anything more than about -2 deg camber. I need to run at least -3 deg. So I have 275/35s to run up front for now. Also, the spring, lower perch and everything sits above the tire so nothing between the tire and strut housing with this setup.

Do your struts have a similar wheel and tire fitment to say the OEM struts? (people are able to run 11" wheels and 315s with OEM style front struts and the appropriate offset)

Does the lower spring perch and adjuster extend down to where it would be between the tire and strut housing? (this would make it harder to get more camber with camber bolts at the knuckle or run wide tires)

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hey SteedaTech,

Question about wheel and tire fitment with this coilover setup:

I'm looking to fit a 18x11" wheel with a 315/30/18 Rival S or Azenis RT615k+ tire front and rear. Or possibly a 19x11" wheel and 305/30/19 RE71R or similar. I already know there is no issue with the rear.

The issue is up front. Currently, I have Roush V3 coilovers with a 450 lb, 7" spring and the struts are not offset enough to run the 315s at anything more than about -2 deg camber. I need to run at least -3 deg. So I have 275/35s to run up front for now. Also, the spring, lower perch and everything sits above the tire so nothing between the tire and strut housing with this setup.

Do your struts have a similar wheel and tire fitment to say the OEM struts? (people are able to run 11" wheels and 315s with OEM style front struts and the appropriate offset)

Does the lower spring perch and adjuster extend down to where it would be between the tire and strut housing? (this would make it harder to get more camber with camber bolts at the knuckle or run wide tires)

Thanks!
Yes, 18X11'' with 315s will work just fine with our coilover set up. We also run over 3 degrees neg camber. offset, I will be able to release later after validation.

Mike D

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
You are welcome!
Another two wins on 5/20 and 5/21/2017 Homestead International Raceway. Hour and half ECR enduro and SAARC Race
Each coil over set up as shown weighs in at 15.5 pounds
coil over S550.jpg
Homestead 2017.jpg

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I installed my coilovers and the billet rear shock mounts a couple weeks ago. It felt like a different car as far as ride quality. Then I had corner weighting and an alignment done yesterday. Holy smokes! I have the Steeda rear sway in the middle hole and the front on full soft. I just ordered adjustable end links and will be installing them ASAP as there is a touch of preload with the stock end links.

I got the 300lb front springs and they are firm but not at all annoying for typical street driving in my opinion. I have all dampers at 1 turn from full soft. The ride is great and the car is very close to handling the way I'd like. It provides huge amounts of confidence.

For those who are curious:

*Total dry weight of the car with about 3/8 tank of fuel: 3746lbs
*We achieved precisely 50/50 corner-to-corner weighting.
*Ride height from ground to center of wheelwell opening ended up at 27 3/16" in front and 27 1/2" in the rear.
*Alignment specs (from [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION])
Front camber -1.6
Front toe 0
Rear camber -1.25
Rear toe .12 each

@Steeda, the kit is great but the instructions could use some fine tuning :). There were a few components with no reference in the instructions, like the rubber O rings, the large nylock nuts, etc. I took an educated guess on them and nothing has exploded or fallen apart yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my coilovers and the billet rear shock mounts a couple weeks ago. It felt like a different car as far as ride quality. Then I had corner weighting and an alignment done yesterday. Holy smokes! I have the Steeda rear sway in the middle hole and the front on full soft. I just ordered adjustable end links and will be installing them ASAP as there is a touch of preload with the stock end links.

I got the 300lb front springs and they are firm but not at all annoying for typical street driving in my opinion. I have all dampers at 1 turn from full soft. The ride is great and the car is very close to handling the way I'd like. It provide huge amounts of confidence.

For those who are curious:

*Total dry weight of the car with about 3/8 tank of fuel: 3746#
*We achieved precisely 50/50 corner-to-corner weighting.
*Ride height from ground to center of wheel opening well ended up at 27 3/16" in front and 27 1/2" in the rear.
*Alignment specs (from [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION])
Front camber -1.6
Front toe 0
Rear camber -1.25
Rear toe .12

@Steeda, the kit is great but the instructions could use some fine tuning :). There were a few components with no reference in the instructions, like the rubber O rings, the large nylock nuts, etc. I took an educated guess on them and nothing has exploded or fallen apart yet.
Appreciate the feedback & I will pass this along to our install folks that help write the instructions.

Best Regards,

TJ

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yup, +1

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yup +2 :thumbsup:

I'll add: what the bump stop stack should be for a given setting, and baseline settings for ride height (I know it wont be exact but something to get a person close could save a lot of time trying to set and fine tune ride height.)

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I had a chance to review the instructions with manufacturing this morning & wanted to confirm a few items.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority here at Steeda among making high-quality parts & accessories so we appreciate the feedback.

In the instructions, on page 2 - here is what is referenced in Step 4 and Figure 4:

6 nuts are provided, and there are 6 studs protruding for the nuts - see instructions below.

Also, the O-rings are mentioned on page 2:

We just want to make sure these were the instructions you received.

Please let me know.

TJ
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I'll echo that statement. I'm in the middle of the install myself. The large nylock nuts are for the stock struts when using the camber plates. They don't fit the Pro Action Adjustable strut. The orings (smaller beefy ones, not the ones that go in the strut bearing), I have no idea (pretty sure they were in the box with the rear shocks and springs). I put them under the bump stop on the rear shock.

A range for the setting the front coilover ride height would be great too. That is provided for the rear springs, but not the coilovers.
Sponsored