Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I just installed a Steeda Tri Ax shifter in my ‘21 GT. When the shifter sits in neutral there is a small and slightly difficult throw to the left for 1st/2nd, and an easy bigger throw to the right for 5th/6th. So much so that I accidentally started in 3rd at a light.
I’m curious if anyone else has this shifter and has this issue or not? The stiff springs are in. Is this a break in issue, standard and I need to adjust, or did I do something wrong? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks-
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This is completely normal and just takes some getting used to. I have the same shifter (with the stiff springs) in my 2019 Bullitt and have inadvertently put the car in 3rd gear instead of 1st gear at a light. I’m now training myself to pull the lever hard left before snicking it into 1st gear.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
This is completely normal and just takes some getting used to. I have the same shifter (with the stiff springs) in my 2019 Bullitt and have inadvertently put the car in 3rd gear instead of 1st gear at a light. I’m now training myself to pull the lever hard left before snicking it into 1st gear.
Thank you, appreciate the piece of mind!

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You could put the softer spring on the driver side to make it easier for you. That’s why they are there. For custom adjustability.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
You could put the softer spring on the driver side to make it easier for you. That’s why they are there. For custom adjustability.
Yeah but the spring doesn’t necessarily effect the shifters ability to move in one direction and not the other, which is why I asked, I don’t think it’s a spring issue.
Sponsored