Sponsored

Steeda Sport Progressives or Competition Dual Rate Springs?

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Ok, I looked at the spring rates table and maybe the sport linears are the way to go.

GTPP Front/Rear 165/728
Steeda Sport Linear Front/Rear 200/800

Is that spring rate difference, plus the 1" drop front and back enough to be noticeable?

Is it worth getting the adjustable dampers vs the non adjustable? With these springs, what would be the perceived difference as you adjusted the dampers?

Thanks
Dano, the sport linears or progressives will both be a noticeable upgrade from the PP1 setup on either the non-adj or adj pro-actions. I like to recommend the progressives because of the nature of that spring. The spring at full rebound is still nice and comfortable for daily driving and once the spring compresses or works towards curb the rate progresses as well. Either spring can be paired with struts/shock. The choice will be yours if you are going to actually take the time to dial in the struts/shocks for events or if you just want to change it once and be done with it. Depending on how aggressive of an alignment you are looking for, you will need the camber plates and/or adjustable camber arms. Like @Norm Peterson mentioned, I would do the shocks/struts and springs first and learn the car and then see if you want more control before doing the sway bar kit. Hope I was able to answer all your questions, if you have any more feel free to ask me. Thank you
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
OP, I am currently running one of the combos you are questioning. Steeda Progressives with Adj. Proactions. I don't have experience to compare with other after market springs. However, I did have the progressives paired with ford perf shocks. I do like the adj. much better. I do occasionally track the car, and it was a huge difference over the original stock springs. An issue I have lived with was instability over bumps while turning. Several folks have recommended I install bump stops (ordered). I do have camber plates as I run more aggressive camber. One mistake I made that Norm and Steeda mentioned was doing too many things at one time. Decided to try installing things myself and figured it would be better doing all at once. If you are a rookie like me, you wouldn't necessarily know what you were feeling on the track anyway. Springs and shocks make a big difference in both handling and looks - Save some cash -Lesson learned

Now that all being said, I am switching out the Progressives, skipping over the linears and going straight to DR. Not sure how I will like on the street, but taking a shot as I plan to run in many more events this coming year and car is not a daily.
Reason for changing is more about the ride height. Progressives have one of the most kickass stances out there. I love the look, but really getting tired of dragging the bottom everywhere I go. The DR's are a half inch higher, so I hope i'm not disappointed after looking at the progressives for so long LOL. It is about the track also, as I am learning more and beginning to understand what I am feeling, figured I take the offseason to setup something new.

I will try and remember to report back the differences I felt between the 2 setups

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
OP, I am currently running one of the combos you are questioning. Steeda Progressives with Adj. Proactions. I don't have experience to compare with other after market springs. However, I did have the progressives paired with ford perf shocks. I do like the adj. much better. I do occasionally track the car, and it was a huge difference over the original stock springs. An issue I have lived with was instability over bumps while turning. Several folks have recommended I install bump stops (ordered). I do have camber plates as I run more aggressive camber. One mistake I made that Norm and Steeda mentioned was doing too many things at one time. Decided to try installing things myself and figured it would be better doing all at once. If you are a rookie like me, you wouldn't necessarily know what you were feeling on the track anyway. Springs and shocks make a big difference in both handling and looks - Save some cash -Lesson learned

Now that all being said, I am switching out the Progressives, skipping over the linears and going straight to DR. Not sure how I will like on the street, but taking a shot as I plan to run in many more events this coming year and car is not a daily.
Reason for changing is more about the ride height. Progressives have one of the most kickass stances out there. I love the look, but really getting tired of dragging the bottom everywhere I go. The DR's are a half inch higher, so I hope i'm not disappointed after looking at the progressives for so long LOL. It is about the track also, as I am learning more and beginning to understand what I am feeling, figured I take the offseason to setup something new.

I will try and remember to report back the differences I felt between the 2 setups
The Steeda Dual Rate springs have a great ride quality when you set the Steeda Pro-Actions on the soft setting. Slightly firmer than the Progressive.
4428A1AE-53E8-4958-97ED-98AC981C1F7D.jpeg
8D5D9ACD-79CE-4B44-89C9-CFCDE9E9E912.jpeg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
An issue I have lived with was instability over bumps while turning
Try turning up the damping in the rear like 1/2 turn.

OP
OP
Dano

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Thanks for this feedback, you've given me some new things to think about. Especially the part about dragging the bottom everywhere you go. You're the first one to mention that problem. I think that would be a no go for me. My goal isn't so much about stance, but having better handling.

So now I really don't know what to do.

Any suggestions? Want better handling and feel, mostly for street, but don't want to be scraping the bottom because I'm lowered to much.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks for this feedback, you've given me some new things to think about. Especially the part about dragging the bottom everywhere you go. You're the first one to mention that problem. I think that would be a no go for me. My goal isn't so much about stance, but having better handling.

Any suggestions? Want better handling and feel, mostly for street, but don't want to be scraping the bottom because I'm lowered to much.
Depending on the terrain and steep inclines dictates if you will not have enough ground clearance. In most regions in the US we have not had any complaints.
If ground clearance is a concern I would recommend our Steeda Minimum drop springs.
Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
An issue I have lived with was instability over bumps while turning.

Like others have said you are probably crashing on the rear bump stops which cause stability concerns.
Send me your pm contact info and I will reach out to you on Monday to make sure you make the right choices in your set up!
Steeda Tech

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Try turning up the damping in the rear like 1/2 turn.
It was really late... I meant to say Bump Steer kit. I just cut the regular bump stops, that works fine :)

Thanks BmacIL, The issue I was feeling was dominant in the front.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
An issue I have lived with was instability over bumps while turning.

Like others have said you are probably crashing on the rear bump stops which cause stability concerns.
Send me your pm contact info and I will reach out to you on Monday to make sure you make the right choices in your set up!
Steeda Tech
Nah, not having issue bottoming, followed instructions for bumpstop sizing and that works well. My issue is with hitting road bumps while wheel is turned, the front feels really funky. I have lived with it since putting the springs in 2 years ago just ignoring it thinking it was the norm when lowering the car so much up front. Getting more in tuned to the car now and speaking to others and finding it is a common side affect of lowering cars, and bump steer kits usually takes care of it. If if does't work, can I return it? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It was really late... I meant to say Bump Steer kit. I just cut the regular bump stops, that works fine :)

Thanks BmacIL, The issue I was feeling was dominant in the front.
Ah ok. Yeah that is probably bumpsteer related.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

I’m lowered 1.125”F/1”R with my Steeda Ultralites. I drive all over, to include dodgy roads in Czech, and have only bottomed-out once in an insanely-angled parking garage exit.

Car handles great with 225/880 spring rates; it might be a bit stiff if you have bad roads in your area, but you can pair them with adjustable dampers to dial-in more comfort as needed.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
In another thread this was said:

How about that setup with the linear sport springs, and the adjustable pro-actions? With the PP1 car do I need the adjustable sway bars?

Thanks
If you go with the Progressives, then for sure get the swaybars. The initial rates are low (and comfy); the adjustable bars will allow you to really dial-in feel and response to your liking.

With the DRs or Linears I’d say you can hold off initially. I’ve driven a while now on my setup and am just now considering the front bar (will probably get one and install in the spring).

OP
OP
Dano

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m lowered 1.125”F/1”R with my Steeda Ultralites. I drive all over, to include dodgy roads in Czech, and have only bottomed-out once in an insanely-angled parking garage exit.

Car handles great with 225/880 spring rates; it might be a bit stiff if you have bad roads in your area, but you can pair them with adjustable dampers to dial-in more comfort as needed.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ok. I think I'll probably go with the Steeda sport linears, adj pro-actions, and the stop the hop starter kit. I'll just leave it at that for a while.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks for the feedback.

Ok. I think I'll probably go with the Steeda sport linears, adj pro-actions, and the stop the hop starter kit. I'll just leave it at that for a while.
PM and I will get you a forum discount code!!

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
I have the Steeda Progressives and Adj pro actions on my 17. It rides very good. The shocks are in the recommended 1/4 turn from full soft (I think that's it). I also have their camber plates and rear shock mounts. The only thing I will say you need to pay attention to is this: lowering spring exaggerate the imperfections of bad roads. If the road is bad, you WILL notice it more. Be prepared...
Sponsored