Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I agree to some extent. I am willing to pay the return shipping, but 20% restocking fee for keeping the item back on shelf is too much. I am not comparing Steeda to big retailers, but imagine if you start paying return shipping + 20% restocking fee for all the online shopping you do!! We change our minds, doesn't mean we should get punished for it. Just speaking my mind! I not either 'FOR' or 'AGAINST' Steeda.
Hello,

The 20% restocking fee is more than just putting an item back on the shelf. The number of employees, resources that it takes to receive an item back is no small task, additionally, most of the retailers charge between 10-20% for a restocking fee. If an item was shipped in error, defective, or damaged in shipping - then other rules apply.

- All the resources it took to process, package, ship & deliver that product to the end-user

- The employee working with the customer to create an RA & get it routed in our system

- Working with the customer on logistics & details for how to ship the product back

- The time & resources it takes to receive the product, inspect & then initiate the refund with our accounting department (from receiving to manufacturing to packaging)

- Removing & repackaging (at times) the product in a new box & new packaging material - ensuring any instructions are put back in the box

- Inputting that product back into our inventory - both physically & electronically

I can assure you, if it was as easy as putting a package back on the shelf - we would be much happier with that outcome but there are many resources involved when a package is sent back to us.

TJ
Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hello,

The 20% restocking fee is more than just putting an item back on the shelf. The number of employees, resources that it takes to receive an item back is no small task, additionally, most of the retailers charge between 10-20% for a restocking fee. If an item was shipped in error, defective, or damaged in shipping - then other rules apply.

- All the resources it took to process, package, ship & deliver that product to the end-user

- The employee working with the customer to create an RA & get it routed in our system

- Working with the customer on logistics & details for how to ship the product back

- The time & resources it takes to receive the product, inspect & then initiate the refund with our accounting department (from receiving to manufacturing to packaging)

- Removing & repackaging (at times) the product in a new box & new packaging material - ensuring any instructions are put back in the box

- Inputting that product back into our inventory - both physically & electronically

I can assure you, if it was as easy as putting a package back on the shelf - we would be much happier with that outcome but there are many resources involved when a package is sent back to us.

TJ
All good man. I am not here to wage war on you guys, but just shared my experience. And 'Returns' is a part of the business model if you sell anything online and applies to everyone of us who owns and runs a small business. What you're describing for a 'Return' is a normal work process and no rocket science. I do it for my small business as well. Anyways, its all good. It was more of a lesson learnt for me than anyone else, since I used to deal with restocking fee and return shipping 5-6 years back. Now we are all spoiled in 2021, haha!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I spoke a little too soon defending Steeda. They have royally pissed me off right now.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Well, I spoke a little too soon defending Steeda. They have royally pissed me off right now.
tenor.gif

What happened? I'm pretty sure TJ is willing to assist. He has been very helpful with my issue also. Not 100% resolved, but getting closer.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I placed an order couple days ago. Everything in stock. I use Afrirm checkout. Loan is processed immediately. Today order changed to completed with FedEx Ground shipping. Then get an email from some guy at Steeda saying this order won't ship till June. Long after I've had to make a payment on stuff I don't even have. I mean really not professional.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order couple days ago. Everything in stock. I use Afrirm checkout. Loan is processed immediately. Today order changed to completed with FedEx Ground shipping. Then get an email from some guy at Steeda saying this order won't ship till June. Long after I've had to make a payment on stuff I don't even have. I mean really not professional.
Hi Mathew,

The order being changed to competed is meaning the order is completed to process.

Send me your order number so I can see all items ordered and if one item in the kit is on backorder - then we'll see how that impacts the rest of the order.

Thank you.

TJ

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Hi Mathew,
The order being changed to competed is meaning the order is completed to process.
Send me your order number so I can see all items ordered and if one item in the kit is on backorder - then we'll see how that impacts the rest of the order.
Thank you.
TJ
RE: New Order # AB- 115695

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will have to look at what transpired - based on the website, it shows this product isn't available until May 9th, which was part of your order - let me investigate & get a little more info.

Thank you,

TJ

1619654534814.png

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would like to share a couple of stories dealing with Steeda. I placed an order for another manufacturer's part knowing full well it would be a drop-ship item direct from that manufacturer. Steeda has no control over what another company makes/ships/stocks and would have to employ a full time purchasing manager to keep track of that alone. For what purpose would they have to keep track of someone else's processes/procedures/inventory levels? I never expected Steeda to stock this product when it states full well that it is a drop-ship direct from said manufacturer. For instance I ordered a blue Airaid filter from Steeda along with a fourth brake light kit from Diode Dynamics at the same time. I checked both of the suppliers directly and concluded I am a cheap bastard and took Steeda up for the free shipping (since the prices were the same when buying direct). The light came in in due time (ahead of schedule) but the filter didn't show up. I inquired with one of the Johns (great guy...I'm sure the other John is great too) and he checked and a red one was available immediately so I now have a red filter installed. Took a couple of weeks to sort out but the Steeda crew did their best.

Now! Concerning the set of springs I ordered for the Magneride. There was a mix-up during the package phase. I received one odd duck (color/coil windings) enough to raise concern. Sure enough one lone spring got boxed incorrectly. While my car was on the lift at the shop the Steeda guys were informed and they went to work. I had to leave the shop with front dual rates and stock rears(squishy butt). The customer service guy said he would get back to me (sent pictures to John by mistake-emailed from an order confirmation for another part). Anyways the Steeda crew worked together to rectify the situation. Time/date sequence as follows. Thursday late afternoon: car on lift with fronts installed and discovered rear spring delima, emailed pics etc. Friday noon: I had not received a reply yet so I called. Got ahold of John (BTW not even his order to process but he took the lead) and he said they're still trying to coordinate between Pompano Beach and Valdosta. Friday 5 P.M. I got an email from Fed-Ex (signed up with FedEx for notifications on the app) that a shipment was labeled for me (thanks Glenn) and scheduled for delivery. Saturday 10 A.M.'ish. I got my new spring delivered!

That my friends is great customer service! Are they infallible? No nobody is. Did they go out of their way to rectify the situation? In my book, Hell yes!

Kudos to John, TJ (and his discount code listed on this site ;) ) and the others I never knew about that helped on this order. And perhaps the unsung hero of the whole Steeda organization: Glenn who apparently ships every single item from Steeda ;)

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'd like to address the restocking fee. This isn't a dig to any retailer in particular...

A restocking fee based on a percentage is really the issue. Sure, businesses have expenses and everything is a cost in the business world, I get that. The problem is, what if I order something that is $4000 that fits in a small box and I get charged $800 for a restocking fee? Nah...That's not right.

I also don't like to pay what I consider business expenses for a business. Returns department is part of overhead. Factor those costs into the price of the product and stop profiting from the situation.

It's akin to charging me $20 for the two cents of electricity used to process my order online.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m sorry, but that last sentence is incredibly near sighted. What do you think the website, servers, computers, programming and IT support, insurance, workmans comp., the building, everything in it, etc. all costs.. Haven’t even talked about employees yet. Every one is an expert, very very few have or do run a successful profitable business.

I'd like to address the restocking fee. This isn't a dig to any retailer in particular...

A restocking fee based on a percentage is really the issue. Sure, businesses have expenses and everything is a cost in the business world, I get that. The problem is, what if I order something that is $4000 that fits in a small box and I get charged $800 for a restocking fee? Nah...That's not right.

I also don't like to pay what I consider business expenses for a business. Returns department is part of overhead. Factor those costs into the price of the product and stop profiting from the situation.

It's akin to charging me $20 for the two cents of electricity used to process my order online.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I’m sorry, but that last sentence is incredibly near sighted. What do you think the website, servers, computers, programming and IT support, insurance, workmans comp., the building, everything in it, etc. all costs.. Haven’t even talked about employees yet. Every one is an expert, very very few have or do run a successful profitable business.
I don't understand your post. That is all overhead and a cost of running a buisness. Factor all that in and charge what is necessary to cover costs plus some profit. Don't drastically overcharge me piecemeal for such expenses.

The point I am trying to make is this: Do you really think it costs $800 to put a box back on the shelf? Do you think it costs $20 in ELECTRICITY to process an order?

Sheesh!
Sponsored