Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Got it - let me read it, digest it & let you know what I can find out.

Thank you.

TJ
Sponsored

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I updated my review to show that I'm not here to bash steeda and that TJ has indeed helped get more information then I had before making this thread.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have been ordering from Steeda for the past 10 years whenever possible with minimal issues and they are always great when there were issues with something.
About a month ago I ordered Ford Performance Mats and after waiting a while I found out they were on back order. After emailing them they told me they were at the mercy of Ford and did not know when they would be in so after 2 weeks of waiting I cancelled and got a refund.
I think Steeda could've prevented wasting my time and theirs if they would just update their site better on what is in stock or not as this item showed it was available when I ordered.
That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have been ordering from Steeda for the past 10 years whenever possible with minimal issues and they are always great when there were issues with something.
About a month ago I ordered Ford Performance Mats and after waiting a while I found out they were on back order. After emailing them they told me they were at the mercy of Ford and did not know when they would be in so after 2 weeks of waiting I cancelled and got a refund.
I think Steeda could've prevented wasting my time and theirs if they would just update their site better on what is in stock or not as this item showed it was available when I ordered.
That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
This is exactly what I told steeda as well! Had they just told me that they don't carry the product and that it will be a long wait for the product, we would of eliminated this whole ordeal.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback & advice - every manufacturer is different & so is their tracking system ... so it the way they communicate. Everyone would have to be aligned on the same system in order for this to all be communicated. & updated in real-time.

For example, we are at the "mercy" of suppliers to let us know when they are on backorder -one day they can show a stock of 20 widgets, the next day, they could be in the negative because they just filled a large order for a distributor. Unless they communicate that to us - then we are in the same position as our customers.

This is a very unique period & we, just like you, are working through the processes & trying to fulfill as many orders as we can - we & all suppliers are doing our best ... we are not doing any of this intentionally & look forward to process improvements, learnings & best practices as a result.

We appreciate your business & look forward to the continued relationship as we move forward.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just as a reminder - these are the same Steeda Team members that are putting in 70-80 hours a week to fill orders, provide installation support & take your calls over the phone - again, we appreciate your patience & support:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Tim, You guys are awesome and I will always continue to support Steeda.
From now on I will call to make sure you have the item before ordering
Thanks

OP
OP
COBRA-KI

COBRA-KI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Just to update this thread. I received my refund today and consider this matter done and over. I'll still continue to purchase through steeda.com.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Steeda is good if you're ordering to keep their products, but I feel in this day and age of online shopping their return is an absolute nightmare. To return anything even brand new open boxes (or not even opened fir that matter) they make you pay return shipping and charge 20% restocking fee on top. Will definitely think twice before ordering anything from them.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda is good if you're ordering to keep their products, but I feel in this day and age of online shopping their return is an absolute nightmare. To return anything even brand new open boxes (or not even opened fir that matter) they make you pay return shipping and charge 20% restocking fee on top. Will definitely think twice before ordering anything from them.
If there isn't anything wrong with the product you ordered then why wouldn't they make you pay for shipping?
20% restocking seems a bit much but some kind of handling fee for your mistake should be expected.
If it's their fault they cover the shipping.
Now the real question is should they pay for your time and effort to ship it back and deal with the problem... I say it should work both ways.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had warranty stuff, they covered the shipping back and fourth. I dont order things to return them, if I did and I changed mind, im ok with return fees. this isn't a trillion dollar company like amazon/apple. if people did a lot of returns on their dime, they'd have to raise prices, and lose business from competition eating their sales.

balancing act. most people dont return, so nothing ever bad happens in most situations

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
If there isn't anything wrong with the product you ordered then why wouldn't they make you pay for shipping?
20% restocking seems a bit much but some kind of handling fee for your mistake should be expected.
If it's their fault they cover the shipping.
Now the real question is should they pay for your time and effort to ship it back and deal with the problem... I say it should work both ways.
I agree to some extent. I am willing to pay the return shipping, but 20% restocking fee for keeping the item back on shelf is too much. I am not comparing Steeda to big retailers, but imagine if you start paying return shipping + 20% restocking fee for all the online shopping you do!! We change our minds, doesn't mean we should get punished for it. Just speaking my mind! I not either 'FOR' or 'AGAINST' Steeda.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I agree to some extent. I am willing to pay the return shipping, but 20% restocking fee for keeping the item back on shelf is too much. I am not comparing Steeda to big retailers, but imagine if you start paying return shipping + 20% restocking fee for all the online shopping you do!! We change our minds, doesn't mean we should get punished for it. Just speaking my mind! I not either 'FOR' or 'AGAINST' Steeda.
they give you a flat rate return label, atleast thats what I recall it was. I could be wrong.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I had warranty stuff, they covered the shipping back and fourth. I dont order things to return them, if I did and I changed mind, im ok with return fees. this isn't a trillion dollar company like amazon/apple. if people did a lot of returns on their dime, they'd have to raise prices, and lose business from competition eating their sales.

balancing act. most people dont return, so nothing ever bad happens in most situations
Again I agree. I am just saying that if you're buying from Steeda, its better to keep or sell it on various forums and take a loss, rather then returning to Steeda. Because in the end returning to Steeda is going to ding you more.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I see your point. 20% should be per case bases and not set in stone.
couple years ago I was sent bad Steeda shock mounts twice. Even though Steeda was great to work with, who pays for all my labor to jack up the car and keep trying out bad parts!
Sponsored