Steeda Closed Box CAI Revision?

Hayson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hassaan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
The revised one was still not meant for use with a flex tune.

Dang... Thanks for the response though! Do you know if the other issues with the clips and the maf sensor causing issues were addressed?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Dang... Thanks for the response though! Do you know if the other issues with the clips and the maf sensor causing issues were addressed?
Hello,

What are you running the CAI for - drag racing, road racing, or a streetcar?

Best Regards,

TJ

Hayson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hassaan
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

What are you running the CAI for - drag racing, road racing, or a streetcar?

Best Regards,

TJ

I have a gen 2 5.0 (2016) with the stock airbox currently. Car is daily driven, but has the steeda suspension catalogue thrown at it for drag racing/total wheel hop elimination. Interested in a closed box design that keeps IATs low and allows for greater airflow than stock. I have a ported tb and ported gen 3 18+ manifold that are going to go on with the cai once I pick between steeda closed box or an 18+ oem airbox system.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I wonder how this would stack against a properly sealed PMAS. Seen a PMAS on here that when properly sealed also have just a few degrees above ambient

BlkPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP
I just recently ordered their closed box to mate with a cj manifold and vmr 69 Twin tb and lund tune for 93 pump gas. I have NO ISSUES. Idles, acceleration and most of all intake temps are 10-15 degrees lower than my previous set up at idle; pmas intake, 88mm tb. Car is a 19 pp1. So for anyone on the fence about what previous statements have listed/stated, I would not be afraid or worried about steedas closed box CAI.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I just recently ordered their closed box to mate with a cj manifold and vmr 69 Twin tb and lund tune for 93 pump gas. I have NO ISSUES. Idles, acceleration and most of all intake temps are 10-15 degrees lower than my previous set up at idle; pmas intake, 88mm tb. Car is a 19 pp1. So for anyone on the fence about what previous statements have listed/stated, I would not be afraid or worried about steedas closed box CAI.
Primary draw back is the inability to run a flex tune. But straight pump should be no issue.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I haven't tried it on the steeda unit, but sometimes if you glue a window screen in the opening just before the MAF sensor, it will straighten the airflow enough to stabilize the readings.

bjf102

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2017 GT and I'm looking to get this intake and pair it with a ported 2018+ manifold. Looking to get a 93 tune from Lund (no desire for flex tune since e85 isn't available in my area), would you recommend keeping the insert in or not for ease of tuning/drivability.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You will get better gains with the insert out. Lund should have this setup in a canned file

Sponsored

Hayson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hassaan
Vehicle(s)
As per the thread title, has the steeda closed box cai been revised to run 93, e85, or a mixture of both?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT and I'm looking to get this intake and pair it with a ported 2018+ manifold. Looking to get a 93 tune from Lund (no desire for flex tune since e85 isn't available in my area), would you recommend keeping the insert in or not for ease of tuning/drivability.
You would need to speak to Lund about their ideal conditions when tuning the Steeda CAI. For max performance, it is recommended to run without the insert. This is an aggressive intake that we use at the drag strip for best performance at max conditions.

If you are looking for better drivability & street performance, the open-element CAIhttps://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3228-s550-open-cold-air-intake may be a better option for your consideration.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As per the thread title, has the steeda closed box cai been revised to run 93, e85, or a mixture of both?
On the 18+ cars, we can tune for premium fuel (93-91) octane, no regular. We can also do a tune for E85 but not flex.

Let me know if i can help assist furtrher.

Thank you,

TJ

Hayson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hassaan
Vehicle(s)
On the 18+ cars, we can tune for premium fuel (93-91) octane, no regular. We can also do a tune for E85 but not flex.

Let me know if i can help assist furtrher.

Thank you,

TJ
:(

Thanks for the info though. Running flex fuel tune with a ported 18+ GT intake manifold and 47lb injectors on my 2016 GT. Still on stock airbox since I want a closed box set up. Got flex fuel (e51-e84) in the tank.

Steeda closed box intake, despite using the factory lower box, is still my top pick for a closed box intake, just wanna be able to run e51-84 through it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:(

Thanks for the info though. Running flex fuel tune with a ported 18+ GT intake manifold and 47lb injectors on my 2016 GT. Still on stock airbox since I want a closed box set up. Got flex fuel (e51-e84) in the tank.

Steeda closed box intake, despite using the factory lower box, is still my top pick for a closed box intake, just wanna be able to run e51-84 through it.
That is our tuning capabilities -others may have the ability to tune & refine the other options.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored