Sponsored

Steeda Chassis Upgrades Installed

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
First let me tell you about myself and my driving style. I'm 53 and a first time Mustang owner. My first and only performance car prior to this was a 1973 Roadrunner I bought in 1982. My last performance vehicle was a 2000 Honda VFR800 sportbike.

I'm no longer a limit pusher. I don't need to skirt the edge for a thrill anymore. Did that plenty on my Honda. I enjoy a nice N. GA mountain drive from time to time. Did a lot of them on my VFR. I enjoy on ramps straight and curvy. I enjoy a tight corner entrance onto the highway. I love the sound of my Roush axle backs as I roll thru the gears just beyond the speed limit. Every morning people get to enjoy my childishness as I roar past them after turning onto the highway to work. Puts a smile on my face every day. I enjoy it in my own way and that's all that matters to me. I'd love to do a road course some day. We'll see.

Even though I don't drive on the edge I always felt that corners were not as stable as they could be. I recently purchased and installed the following from Steeda:

Saturday
Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace #555-5532
Subframe Support Braces #555-5754

I drove this setup for a couple days and noticed cornering was more controlled. It was something I noticed on my first turn at decent speed. Felt planted in a long sweeper. Made me more confident in the cars cornering capability. I knew this was a good choice for me. Definite improvement. I read where someone else in a review of these parts said they experienced less body roll. I'm not sure about less roll but it must be helping the suspension do its' job because I can sure tell a difference.

Monday
Subframe Bushing Support #555 4437
Subframe Alignment Kit #555 4438
Front Control Arms Tension Link #555-4907

Control arms were replaced due to bushing wear on the OEM passenger arm. I would hear a clunk when braking at slow speed like in a parking lot.

I installed the alignment kit and bushing support for additional grip and control on hard acceleration. I didn't feel a big incremental improvement like I did with the initial brace install. Glad I did it because I know it's adding additional capability.

Next project will be suspension.

Update 1/17/19
Did a 3 hour drive today, about half on the highway. Nothing negative to say about the changes. On a positive note road imperfections don't seem to impact the cars stability as much anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We're here to help with that too :)

Let me know if I can help put you in contact with our build team unless you are already working with someone.

Many thanks for sharing!

TJ

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Great choice in choosing the S550 platform for your newest sports car; the value is unbeatable.

Looking forward to seeing your choices on suspension upgrades as well; I’m interested in the route you’ll take given your driving style.

-Mike

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
First let me tell you about myself and my driving style. I'm 53 and a first time Mustang owner. My first and only performance car prior to this was a 1973 Roadrunner I bought in 1982. My last performance vehicle was a 2000 Honda VFR800 sportbike.

I'm no longer a limit pusher. I don't need to skirt the edge for a thrill anymore. Did that plenty on my Honda. I enjoy a nice N. GA mountain drive from time to time. Did a lot of them on my VFR. I enjoy on ramps straight and curvy. I enjoy a tight corner entrance onto the highway. I love the sound of my Roush axle backs as I roll thru the gears just beyond the speed limit. Every morning people get to enjoy my childishness as I roar past them after turning onto the highway to work. Puts a smile on my face every day. I enjoy it in my own way and that's all that matters to me. I'd love to do a road course some day. We'll see.

Even though I don't drive on the edge I always felt that corners were not as stable as they could be. I recently purchased and installed the following from Steeda:

Saturday
Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace #555-5532
Subframe Support Braces #555-5754

I drove this setup for a couple days and noticed cornering was more controlled. It was something I noticed on my first turn at decent speed. Felt planted in a long sweeper. Made me more confident in the cars cornering capability. I knew this was a good choice for me. Definite improvement. I read where someone else in a review of these parts said they experienced less body roll. I'm not sure about less roll but it must be helping the suspension do its' job because I can sure tell a difference.

Monday
Subframe Bushing Support #555 4437
Subframe Alignment Kit #555 4438
Front Control Arms Tension Link #555-4907

Control arms were replaced due to bushing wear on the OEM passenger arm. I would hear a clunk when braking at slow speed like in a parking lot.

I installed the alignment kit and bushing support for additional grip and control on hard acceleration. I didn't feel a big incremental improvement like I did with the initial brace install. Glad I did it because I know it's adding additional capability.

Next project will be suspension.

Update 1/17/19
Did a 3 hour drive today, about half on the highway. Nothing negative to say about the changes. On a positive note road imperfections don't seem to impact the cars stability as much anymore.
Did you feel improvement after installing the new tension Link 555-4907? This might be an interesting upgrade for me since I don't want to make a dedication to all-out bearings.

OP
OP

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Can't say that I noticed any improvement. It's the same style of bushing as OEM. Hopefully better quality though. Probably need to go with bearings for noticeable change. Also, I did the G-Trac brace at the same time so that has some impact on what you feel to.
Sponsored