You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got some time to get this kit installed and I though I would make an install thread. The directions are pretty straight forward but I thought some visuals might help make the install a little easier. Overall I feel this would've taken me maybe an hour to get completely installed but I had to detour a bit because of my Whipple intercooler tank so total time for me was 2 hours start to finish.

I won't get involved with the step by step instructions, I'm just going to post some pictures of the bearings being pressed and then installed in the car. This should help clarify the proper arrangement of everything.

Steeda once again hooked us up by including the necessary press tools to get the job done so thank you for that :thumbsup:

Here is the right side as it sits in my press before I pressed out the OEM bushing

Note: I had extra press tools on hand from previous work which I used to collect the bushing being removed but you could simply press it out any way you see fit

Here is the left

At one point the directions refer to the hole in the control arm being tapered and what end the bearing should be pressed. This picture shows I was able to place the bearing inside the arm enough to cover the snap ring groove, this is how I knew this was the direction it needed to be pressed.

Now we start pressing in the bearing, here is the sequence

Right side as the bearing is being pressed in

Left side as the bearing is being pressed in

Bearing pressed in all nice nice and in it's home

Snap ring in place. To get this in simply separate it a bit, almost like a metal slinky, place one tip into the groove and unwind it as you apply pressure and you can walk it into the grove with just your hands.

Right side installed into my car

Left side installed into my car

Here is the reason for the detour I was talking about. I had to remove my splitter to drop the belly pan and then unbolt the reservoir tank and slide it away so I could get the bolt out and back in place :frusty:

I am happy to report these feel great and as advertised they do not add one iota of NVH :headbang: An unexpected surprise is airing out and and filling up of the Airlift suspension seems way smoother :clap2:

I absolutely love these and have to once again hand it to Steeda for coming out with yet another must have item!
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
What effect have you felt after the bearings?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What effect have you felt after the bearings?
Car feels more precise and quicker to respond to input. For how inexpensive these are and how easy they are to install it was daintily money well spent.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
How did you separate the ball joint from the spindle? I found the ball joint separators from my local auto parts stores (both Advanced and Auto Zone) were too short. BFH or pickle fork?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did you separate the ball joint from the spindle? I found the ball joint separators from my local auto parts stores (both Advanced and Auto Zone) were too short. BFH or pickle fork?
The correct answer your looking for is pickle fork ........ but I used a hammer :D

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome these are going on my short list. I have already installed the rears and I am very happy with those!
You will not be disappointed, the more I drive it the more I like them. Im noticing a lot less bump steer as well. I do have Steeda bump steer kit but since I installed the bearings I feel it has gotten even smoother over bumps :shrug:. I also have their rear LCA bearings and they are great! Other than my Airlift suspension I am 100% Steeda and couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be finally getting my keester into the shop to handle this swap this weekend!
Slacker lol

I look forward to your impression of them :cheers:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You will not be disappointed, the more I drive it the more I like them. Im noticing a lot less bump steer as well. I do have Steeda bump steer kit but since I installed the bearings I feel it has gotten even smoother over bumps :shrug:. I also have their rear LCA bearings and they are great! Other than my Airlift suspension I am 100% Steeda and couldn't be happier.
Really? Less bumpsteer noticeable? Wow. What about steering feels or steering stability? Any improvement there?

I'm considering this because at highway speeds and especially if I'm doing 80 or 90 in a stretch, the wheels/steering feels kinda wobbly even though nothing bad is happening and the car does not change course really. It almost like I feel the deflection in the control arms:shrug:

Maybe I'm way off base here but that's my feeling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Less bumpsteer noticeable? Wow. What about steering feels or steering stability? Any improvement there?

I'm considering this because at highway speeds and especially if I'm doing 80 or 90 in a stretch, the wheels/steering feels kinda wobbly even though nothing bad is happening and the car does not change course really. It almost like I feel the deflection in the control arms:shrug:

Maybe I'm way off base here but that's my feeling.
I am not exactly sure what I'm supposed to feel upgrading to bearings but I can tell you steering response seems crisper, bump steer seems reduces and it is smooth as glass. I do not have any wobbling but I didn't before I installed them. Perhaps you have done suspension work and didn't "clock" the front bushings and this is the reason for what you are feeling?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hey y'all, made a video of me pressing out the bearing without Jmeo's fancy pants press cups, haha. Fumbled my way through it like a dunce, but I got it done. With a properly-sized press cup to collect the bearing, this would take far less time.

Very, very happy with the results. Car feels like it has lost a great deal of the numb and delayed steering response, I get favorable feedback through the steering wheel, no clunks or vibrations or odd noises added to the NVH-factor.

In this video I press out the old bushing, press in the new bearing, and install in the car. It's not my best video production, but... you'll get the idea.

[ame]

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow man that thing faught you the whole way! I happened to have the cup from my full tilt boogie racing rear knuckle bearing tool I bought last year to do the rears. Having this made the pressing a breeze. Not to rub it in but it took me maybe 5 minutes per to uninstall and reinstall each arm including setting it all up in he press hahaha. The cup looks and feels like exhaust pipe so one could pick up a piece of the proper diameter from Autozone and cut it to length and this should do the same thing. They have 1' sections of straigh pipe for short money.

Glad to see you had the same results as me with how they perform :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wow man that thing faught you the whole way! I happened to have the cup from my full tilt boogie racing rear knuckle bearing tool I bought last year to do the rears. Having this made the pressing a breeze. Not to rub it in but it took me maybe 5 minutes per to uninstall and reinstall each arm including setting it all up in he press hahaha. The cup looks and feels like exhaust pipe so one could pick up a piece of the proper diameter from Autozone and cut it to length and this should do the same thing. They have 1' sections of straigh pipe for short money.

Glad to see you had the same results as me with how they perform :thumbsup:
Things are easier when you have the right tool... :lol:

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I just installed mine today. Really easy install with a press. It took me about 45 took minutes to remove them, then I had to drive to my buddies house to use the press. under 30 minutes for pressing duties. Thanks to Steeda for providing the press tools with the bearings. Took about another 30 minutes to re-install the control arms.

Steering response is noticeably better and mid corner traction and steering feel/grip feels better and more consistent. I believe there is better feedback from the tires mid corner now. I don't know if I am imagining it but the front suspension also seems to cycle smoother as well.
Sponsored