Sponsored

Staying cool with leather seats. Anyone ordered Katzkin perf or Suedezkin option?

Which seat option for a velocity blue mustang with red stitch accent interior?

• Black suede with red bolsters - Pic #3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To complete my interior upgrade I want to order a set of Katzkin leather seats. I have replaced some interior parts of the car with OEM red stitch accents and will follow that theme over to the seats.

I have a few designs in mind and I'm considering having the center seating surfaces done in the Suedezkin option. That should provide some grip to stay in the seat and should be a little cooler than just plain leather.

Alternatively I could also do the perforated leather option on the seat. Wondering which one would breath better? How does Suedezskin hold up over time?

Then there's the decision to go black or go bold with a red center. I've never had red leather in any car before and am not sure I want to have that much red in the car.

Out of the following designs which one would you choose?

Black perf?
Leather Seat Design #1.PNG

Black perf with red bolsters?
Leather Seat Design #5.PNG

Black Suede with red bolters?
Leather Seat Design #2.PNG

Red perf?
Leather Seat Design #3.PNG

Red suede?
Leather Seat Design #4.PNG
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have the Roush Katzkin made ones. Red suede. I purchased off an ebay seller. These were NEVER installed. My 401A has cooled and heated seats. The heat works great. Cooled not so much. Never did even with the stock black leather. I'll get a few Pic's soon and post. My car is a 2019 VB GT.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've got what must be a similar set to compprep, picked it up earlier this year and just sitting around until I get some decent free time to tackle the job myself. Mine are more of a cognac color though, excited to see how they'll look installed in the Grabber Blue.

If you're worried about how much red, I'd stick with just the bolster option.

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
20230914_181708.jpg

I just installed these katzkins and went with Cardinal perf, Cardinal bolster and stripe.
I voted for red perf.
I have a black car though, and wanted red to give it some pop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for the pics guys! Appreciate it!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Working on the seat cooling is something I may turn into a winter project. As previously mentioned, the cooling doesn't work great even with the stock seats. There's another thread that discusses in detail how the cooling feature works:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cooled-seats-not-cooling.23384/

I went back and forth with Katzkin after installing mine because there are perforations in the BACK of the stock seat covers but not the Katzkins, so there's even less opportunity for heat to escape. My seat backs have basically zero cooling ability with the Katzkins.

Thinking about pulling the seats back out of the car and looking for some way to address the issue. I do have to go back and read through the above thread to see if anyone's come up with a solution.

Anyway, here are my seats, along with a pic of the cloth and mesh air intake to the seat back.

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I voted number one which is what I have with a blue accent thread. I was nervous of going too radical for fear of regretting it and honestly I find the car looks very factory like which I prefer personally . The horses on the headrest give the car a little something unique to me too.

I don't have cooling but I did have seat heaters added for the spring and fall weather and they seem to work very well so far.

IMG_0059.jpg

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I voted number one which is what I have with a blue accent thread. I was nervous of going too radical for fear of regretting it and honestly I find the car looks very factory like which I prefer personally . The horses on the headrest give the car a little something unique to me too.

I don't have cooling but I did have seat heaters added for the spring and fall weather and they seem to work very well so far.

IMG_0059.jpg
Looks great! How much was the embroidered pony option? That's a nice touch.
Do you find the leather comfortable in the summer?
I'm thinking option 1 as well. Kinda want to make it look similar to stock but with better materials.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Looks great! How much was the embroidered pony option? That's a nice touch.
Do you find the leather comfortable in the summer?
I'm thinking option 1 as well. Kinda want to make it look similar to stock but with better materials.
Thanks the added pony thing was $200 for both headrests which wasn't bad I thought and the installer who did the Katzskins had someone he sent custom stuff like that out to.

The leather is definitely not as comfortable in Summer as the cloth was like when you first get in but I found it to be okay especially with the perforations which seems to help a lot. I would definitely recommend the perforated over the regular leather in that regard.

The actual quality of the materials is very good and better than OEM in my opinion. I'm really glad I finally did them as it really gives the car a classy look inside compared to the cloth that I found always looked dirty no matter how often I vacuumed or steam cleaned them.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for info @Qcman17! I will definitely go with perforated.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Some great looking interiors in this thread. Love the red accents!

I have Katzkins (all leather) in my F-150 and never had overheating issues.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I've posted this photo all over the place, but it is relavent to this thread. I did perforated as well as diamond stitch, and did Suedzkin on the wing inserts to add a bit of grip in the corners. The cooling feature works about the same as OEM= not very well, but I suppose it is better than nothing.
I get that the color combo isn't for everyone but that isn't the point. Everyone is going to like something different in that regard.

IMG_6904 (3).jpg

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
For those who installed the kit themselves, did you buy through Katzkins or some other dealer? Katzkins quoted me a price today and they said there is no self-install option and the price includes installation. Looking at all my options. Thanks.
Sponsored