Sponsored

Started my audio upgrade

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So before heading on a trip to SoCal from Canada, I decided I cannot have a shitty factory stereo. So here are my upgrades pics.

First was the amp wire, I mounted the fuse on the strut tower and got the power from one of the 3 positive terminals in the engine fuse panel. I ran the wire through the factory grommet inside the wheel well. The cool thing is there is a little nub there and if you cut if off it pretty much is a perfect fit and direct access into the car. I used some silicone to seal it after.
IMG_4260.jpg
IMG_4261.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I removed the interior in the back and installed a couple of JL audio 6.5 speakers in the back deck. Like others have done, I cut up the factory speakers and used them as an adapter for the speakers.
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Then to the amp. I had an older Kenwood from years past in perfect condition so I mounted it to the box and ran the wires in the void space on the edge of the box for a clean look. The 10" JL subs were installed as well. Lastly, I mounted the box temporarily with a couple of aluminum pieces to secure it in place. I wanted to paint them black but the weather is the shits here so bare aluminum for now.

Pretty happy with it so far. This Summer I plan on upgrading the front speakers. Ready for the road trip now.
IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4262.jpg

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
So are you just pushing the new rears with an amp?

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Very clean looking, what sub box is that again? Did you have to remove the lower seat and quarter sides?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Nice job... good idea before your road trip :thumbsup:

psylocibin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Very clean looking, what sub box is that again? Did you have to remove the lower seat and quarter sides?
Looks like the box from Zenclosures, there's a pretty popular thread floating around the cosmetic customization section for them. About $120 of I'm not mistaken, fit pretty well from what most people are saying. They have single with amp mount and dual, front or rear facing.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Just wondering where did you buy these stuff? If you buy these local would you mind sharing the shops you buy from as I am new to town here.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

Sponsored

Stunna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium CS
Do you have alot of bass with that box?

Then to the amp. I had an older Kenwood from years past in perfect condition so I mounted it to the box and ran the wires in the void space on the edge of the box for a clean look. The 10" JL subs were installed as well. Lastly, I mounted the box temporarily with a couple of aluminum pieces to secure it in place. I wanted to paint them black but the weather is the shits here so bare aluminum for now.

Pretty happy with it so far. This Summer I plan on upgrading the front speakers. Ready for the road trip now.

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
where did you access a remote turn on wire from?
I found this thread on a 2015 premium gt insall. Not sure if it will be the same for base gt. This is what he says:

So, if you remove the passenger side kick panel there is a harness at the very bottom with a big fat green wire. It's staring at you at the bottom of the kick panel. Maybe 8-10 gauge. Just test it. It's perfect ignition on 12v+, accessory on 12v+, and off 0v when you turn the car off.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...peakers-subwoofer-install-done-heres-how.html

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I found this thread on a 2015 premium gt insall. Not sure if it will be the same for base gt. This is what he says:

So, if you remove the passenger side kick panel there is a harness at the very bottom with a big fat green wire. It's staring at you at the bottom of the kick panel. Maybe 8-10 gauge. Just test it. It's perfect ignition on 12v+, accessory on 12v+, and off 0v when you turn the car off.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...peakers-subwoofer-install-done-heres-how.html
Good info! Not sure if it corresponds to the green wire, but I believe fuse 23 in the same fuse panel will also give you what you need and you'd need a fuse tap of course :).

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
Just did an install last night. The easiest way to access 12v remote can be found in the back rear speaker harness. It is the blue/white wire. Works flawlessly. To the OP, don't forget to follow up with the front speakers install. I want to upgrade my fronts instead of the rears, interested to know what depth they can support
Sponsored