Mustang

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
so i got the new "TBS" breaks put on about 2 weeks ago,,,, so this weekend i took a drive to san jose thats 5 hours away kiddo,

and my breaks where sqealing while parking again in a parking garage ,yea ofcourse it got super loud and infront of ppl fml

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
so i got the new "TBS" breaks put on about 2 weeks ago,,,, so this weekend i took a drive to san jose thats 5 hours away kiddo,

and my breaks where sqealing while parking again in a parking garage ,yea ofcourse it got super loud and infront of ppl fml
WTH! You have to be the unluckiest person here. That sucks! Go back and get rotors, brakes and calipers.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange

Shouldve came and said Hi since im in San Jose...and we couldve had a BREAK SQUEALING party :thumbsup::cheers::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I spoke with a regional Ford rep last week. It's a shame that this step is even necessary, but I'm trying to be optimistic. The dealers who are pushing back should be embarrassed. :tsk:

Sponsored

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dropped mine off this morning to have them look at it. I hope it does it for them or they just order the parts. Fingers crossed. They don't squeal all the time. But when they do look out.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Does the squealing occur with the Brembos?
Yes it does occur with Brembos. But I'm not sure if it's happening as often. I remember that there were a few people that posted on this topic about having squealing brembos.

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
The runaround these dealerships are giving some of us is unacceptable. Ford should be embarrassed. My car has sounded like an 86 Buick since December. Why is this so difficult Ford?

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just got a call they are replacing the rotors under the TSB. They ordered the parts will call when the come in.

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
This may be completely out to lunch, but since my noises (Brembos) didn't start until after I had my car serviced at a Ford dealer, and I had them do a tire rotation as well, I decided to check the torque on my lug nuts... none of them were up to the 150ft/pounds spec in the owner's manual, actually none of them were over 100. I re-torqued all the lugs and I have only heard the noise once since then, and it was far less intense than before. Maybe the rotors were beginning to warp because of uneven and improper pressure.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
so i got the new "TBS" breaks put on about 2 weeks ago,,,, so this weekend i took a drive to san jose thats 5 hours away kiddo, and my breaks where sqealing while parking again in a parking garage ,yea ofcourse it got super loud and infront of ppl fml
Hey mvp90805,

The Pony's hooves were aching from the trip! :doh: I'm updating your case notes for the CSM. Are you planning on heading back to the dealer? Shoot me a PM.

This may be completely out to lunch, but since my noises (Brembos) didn't start until after I had my car serviced at a Ford dealer, and I had them do a tire rotation as well, I decided to check the torque on my lug nuts... none of them were up to the 150ft/pounds spec in the owner's manual, actually none of them were over 100. I re-torqued all the lugs and I have only heard the noise once since then, and it was far less intense than before. Maybe the rotors were beginning to warp because of uneven and improper pressure.
DM some more details, cush; I'll document this for the dealer, and see how to best proceed.

Jeff

Fastback15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT Premium
Still haven't heard back from my dealership or the CSM...not the least bit surprised. Formal complaints with Ford, consumer affairs, and BBB to be sent next week. Luckily I had some free time at the office to draft something up. Maybe I'll shoot over a draft to "[channel] 5 on your side" too. Whatever it takes to get this taken seriously Ford.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Still haven't heard back from my dealership or the CSM...not the least bit surprised. Formal complaints with Ford, consumer affairs, and BBB to be sent next week. Luckily I had some free time at the office to draft something up. Maybe I'll shoot over a draft to "[channel] 5 on your side" too. Whatever it takes to get this taken seriously Ford.
Sorry for the delay; I was out of the office yesterday. I see your CSM did reach out just a few minutes ago. If you have any future concerns, send over a PM; I'll look into it.

Jeff

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,

Just reporting in something i discovered a few days. After taking my EB 'Stang to Canyon Running, my car squealing has stopped for the past 2 days. It seems with performance package brakes, you need to REALLY Brake-it-in as in hitting a canyon run and really punching your car in these hills. For the past 2300 miles (2 months), I've been experiencing squeals (During low speed towards the stoplight or low speeds in the parking lot). I was debating if i should get it changed per TSB, but I'll give it another couple days if it permanently stopped. I'm glad i took a chance. I guess it's the result cause of watching Fast 7.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored