SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnaflow Street
I called Eibach and they mentioned their eibach prokit is a linear springs and not progressive but the shared document says otherwise

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
Yes i did mention that their website and the other vendors listed them as progressive but the person over the phone reconfirmed with the R&D guys who actually worked on it and he mentioned their sportline kit is progressive which i very evident from the pics

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Yes i did mention that their website and the other vendors listed them as progressive but the person over the phone reconfirmed with the R&D guys who actually worked on it and he mentioned their sportline kit is progressive which i very evident from the pics
Yeah, I always thought the Pro Kit looked linear and just took their word for it being progressive. Did he happen to say what the spring rates were?

If they are linear, that kind of seems like a big deal, since they are advertised everywhere as being progressive and I'm sure some people buy them for that reason. If one of their R&D guys said so, I would trust that more than a sales guy. Very interesting, I'd really like to know the true answer. Thanks for posting that bit of info! :thumbsup:

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
the rates are same as whats posted in this thread or anywhere.. Front: 200-314 lb / in. Rear: 800-914 lb / in

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Yeah, I agree with you that those are the advertised spring rates, but those would be for progressive spring rates. A linear spring rate should be a single number, not a range.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
So I'm given to understand that the Ecoboost PP springs are linear, so there shouldn't be much of a noticeable difference in ride quality if I go with linear lowering springs then? Compared to if I were to go with progressive springs? I want the a spring that does better than the EBPP spring in performance but doesn't compromise too much on comfort.

Last edited:

prem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Prem
Vehicle(s)
Had the steeda progressive springs yesterday and very happy with the drop and stance of the car. I didn't see much difference in ride quality over my stock pp springs. I thought it was about as stiff as the stock ones or may be tad bit little less stiff.. Handling defintely improved

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Change out the bmr handling to 1.6 -1.7 drop on the front. 1.2 is not accurate at all.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Contact [email protected] for ride and handling setup consultation and personalized worksheets and data for your car and setup options.

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Does ride frequency change in relation to damper setting as well?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
From the little I know of...no, at least not at this level of analysis. This analysis relates to the first order oscillations, dampers related to the second order.

On a first order, I'm not really clear on the implications of the actual ratio of front/rear frequencies, just don't let it be exactly equal or 1/1 (which is pretty much impossible in real life).

On a second order, as ride frequencies increase, it becomes less important to be super precise on the dampening being critical. Of course, you'll want it to be as close to critical as possible, but the reaction times are so short that, let's say, an 10% difference in dampening on a high ride frequency will be much less noticeable that at a low ride frequency.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, it is completely independent. Damper settings need to be matched to ride frequency, though.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see it, does anyone know the spring rates(progressive or linear) of the Ford 2015-2017 Mustang Track Handling Pack?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I didn't see it, does anyone know the spring rates(progressive or linear) of the Ford 2015-2017 Mustang Track Handling Pack?
looks like progressive to me. But FRPP will not release the info on the rate.