Split tire

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
There’s always the possibility that the owner doesn’t know a thing about cars or tires or whatever. May be one who bought it simply because it’s expensive and flashy. Or has only driven it 100 miles in the last 3 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wqmaster

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
I would not drive my '87 Yugo with a tire that had a split in it like that. And even though mine is just one of those throw away GT's I would not drive to the tire shop with a tire like that. I would take it off and put it in my truck and drive to the shop. This is one good reason not to drag race or canyon carve with every idiot on the street. That is unless you look forward to this same fool taking you out or being witness to someone else being taken out. There is not a track in the world that would let him run that.

I say he is just a fool looking for a Darwin award that also has a couple of bucks. And all of the money in the world can't buy you common sense. There are plenty of brain-dead legacy children out there that could not have a reasoned thought if you gave them a credit card.

This actually pissed me off. But I am OK now. I am off of my soapbox.

Back to regular programming.
I GUESS THAT I AM NOT OK, YET!

Some brain dead neanderthal even put lots of shiny stuff on the tire BEFORE stupid drove it to the show!!! Tell me that they did not notice it? Or was it a helping "Friend" who wants to take out the idiot that owns the car?

Ok, I think that I am better now. Sorry all. This kind of thing just really twists my nipples
5967BD34-9519-4ABC-A9A4-95ABBDFA268F.gif

OP
OP
Wqmaster

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
I think it’s pretty darn funny that a cut in someone’s tire could create this whole long thread.
I was seeing how it could have been possible to make that. Like mounting the tires or just careless driving.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Still, not one track that would allow you on it with a gash in any tire like that. I mean the pretense here is that it is a high-performance car. Sorry guy, if you spent all of your money one stickers and could not track down a used tire then stay on the porch.

As far as a show and shine who would show up with a cracked dash or a bollard dent in the rear quarter panel. I know that I am being a bit hard on this guy, but you would not enter your hunchback girlfriend in a beauty pageant. I can be more sympathetic to her than this tire that could at very least cause a traffic tie up and also could maim or kill innocents. I fell those who want to go easy here. But are you still going to feel the same way when this "car enthusiast" maims or kills one of your family members. Cause my be is that his driving skills are on par with that tire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wqmaster

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
Still, not one track that would allow you on it with a gash in any tire like that. I mean the pretense here is that it is a high-performance car. Sorry guy, if you spent all of your money one stickers and could not track down a used tire then stay on the porch.

As far as a show and shine who would show up with a cracked dash or a bollard dent in the rear quarter panel. i Know that I am being a bit hard on this guy, but you would not enter your hunchback girlfriend in a beauty pageant. I can be more sympathetic to her than this tire that could at very least cause a traffic tie up and also could maim or kill innocents. I fell those who want to go easy here. But are you still going to feel the same way when this "car enthusiast" maims or kills one of your family members. Cause my be is that his driving skills are on par with that tire.
There could have been other reasons for not fixing it if he knew about it. But we get what your saying. 👍

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I was at a car show this morning and noticed this on a guys gt500
44FE1D58-0EC3-4DD8-B703-B0CDACE68F24.jpeg

I told the guy who was next to him cause the owner wasn’t there.
Was wondering if this is normal and made myself look like a fool or if it really was a problem.
I wouldn’t be driving on that 🤷🏼‍♂️

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I had a sidewall tear like that with my Mud Terrain tire on my Jeep due to aired down trailing. Tire Shop told me it would be okay as long as air did not leak, the inside steel belts will hold and safe to drive.

SidewallSplit.jpg

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I was at a car show this morning and noticed this on a guys gt500
44FE1D58-0EC3-4DD8-B703-B0CDACE68F24.jpeg

I told the guy who was next to him cause the owner wasn’t there.
Was wondering if this is normal and made myself look like a fool or if it really was a problem.
F627264A-3D08-4EEA-AE67-6A04F8D44467.jpeg
Sponsored