Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
I was at a car show this morning and noticed this on a guys gt500
44FE1D58-0EC3-4DD8-B703-B0CDACE68F24.jpeg

I told the guy who was next to him cause the owner wasn’t there.
Was wondering if this is normal and made myself look like a fool or if it really was a problem.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Definitely not normal or safe on any car, even more so on a performance car like a GT500.

BD

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
O.k.........don't panic.

Michelin makes their tires specifically to take that type of damage. If you look at any of the Michelin performance tires, they build-up/peak right in that area. A big extra thickness (thicc) specifically made to protect wheels and handle curb-rash.

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't replace it, but he's not going to die driving on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wqmaster

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
O.k.........don't panic.

Michelin makes their tires specifically to take that type of damage. If you look at any of the Michelin performance tires, they build-up/peak right in that area. A big extra thickness (thicc) specifically made to protect wheels and handle curb-rash.

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't replace it, but he's not going to die driving on it.
The split goes down pretty far. I did at least tell someone in case he likes to drive it like it‘s meant to be.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The split goes down pretty far. I did at least tell someone in case he likes to drive it like it meant to be.
You did the right thing. Tire damage is tire damage. If it were to fail there is no way of telling how serious it could be.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The split goes down pretty far. I did at least tell someone in case he likes to drive it like it meant to be.
You saw it in person. I'll take your word on it.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OP
OP
Wqmaster

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
You saw it in person. I'll take your word on it.
I shoulda gotten a straight on photo but it was pretty difficult cause everyone was flocking to it. It was the only 500 that wasn't an imposter
I.E.
633F9D83-ED7B-4E6F-941B-95C2CC17DB2C.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I would not drive my '87 Yugo with a tire that had a split in it like that. And even though mine is just one of those throw away GT's I would not drive to the tire shop with a tire like that. I would take it off and put it in my truck and drive to the shop. This is one good reason not to drag race or canyon carve with every idiot on the street. That is unless you look forward to this same fool taking you out or being witness to someone else being taken out. There is not a track in the world that would let him run that.

I say he is just a fool looking for a Darwin award that also has a couple of bucks. And all of the money in the world can't buy you common sense. There are plenty of brain-dead legacy children out there that could not have a reasoned thought if you gave them a credit card.

This actually pissed me off. But I am OK now. I am off of my soapbox.

Back to regular programming.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I GUESS THAT I AM NOT OK, YET!

Some brain dead neanderthal even put lots of shiny stuff on the tire BEFORE stupid drove it to the show!!! Tell me that they did not notice it? Or was it a helping "Friend" who wants to take out the idiot that owns the car?

Ok, I think that I am better now. Sorry all. This kind of thing just really twists my nipples
Sponsored