Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member and soon to be a new owner of a 2019 GT350! I've been looking for a forum that has some knowledgeable people on these cars!

I'm not new to some of the previous mustangs, but did have a chance to drive my buddies 16 GT 350 and wow!

We currently own a 67 fastback, 90 coupe, 90 7 up edition vert, 93 reef blue hatch, and a 03 cobra. This should be a great addition.

I'm in the process of having the car shipped to me. Sorry if I ask noob questions in the future.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys! Any tip or things I should do as a new owner please let me know!

637836365956510064.jpg

637836366412931727.jpg
Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Undoubtedly, the best color ever. The only upgrade Iā€™d recommend is white stripes; adds 20hp due to lighter weightšŸ¤£.
987AAD49-9988-4CDD-BAAE-EB8FEC5B8267.jpeg

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Can you guys tell me what mods would void the factory warranty?

I plan on getting an extended warranty.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Can you guys tell me what mods would void the factory warranty?

I plan on getting an extended warranty.
Congrats on the new to you GT350 purchase, looks great!

As far as mods and voiding warrantiesā€¦ thatā€™s an open ended questionā€¦. Really any mod can void the warranty IF the mod can be attributed to the direct failure of X-component or X-part. Changing the exhaust by removing the cats instantly voids the emissions warranty if we want to get technicalā€¦. However if the transmission fails, they canā€™t deny a warranty repair on the Powertrain with aftermarket exhaust, unless for some weird reason it was found that the exhaust caused the transmission to failā€¦. See?

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Congrats on the new to you GT350 purchase, looks great!

As far as mods and voiding warrantiesā€¦ thatā€™s an open ended questionā€¦. Really any mod can void the warranty IF the mod can be attributed to the direct failure of X-component or X-part. Changing the exhaust by removing the cats instantly voids the emissions warranty if we want to get technicalā€¦. However if the transmission fails, they canā€™t deny a warranty repair on the Powertrain with aftermarket exhaust, unless for some weird reason it was found that the exhaust caused the transmission to failā€¦. See?
Thank you!

Gotcha that makes sense. I do get along well with my local dealership. I use to work there and we've bought plenty from them. If this would help....

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member and soon to be a new owner of a 2019 GT350! I've been looking for a forum that has some knowledgeable people on these cars!

I'm not new to some of the previous mustangs, but did have a chance to drive my buddies 16 GT 350 and wow!

We currently own a 67 fastback, 90 coupe, 90 7 up edition vert, 93 reef blue hatch, and a 03 cobra. This should be a great addition.

I'm in the process of having the car shipped to me. Sorry if I ask noob questions in the future.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys! Any tip or things I should do as a new owner please let me know!

637836365956510064.jpg

637836366412931727.jpg
Welcome!

Are you planning to track the car at all?

At a bare minimum, I highly recommend a set of hood struts for keeping the hood open without needing the prop-rod. I use redline.

Next, you should know that these cars have a relatively small battery and suffer from a decent parasitic draw. If youā€™re not going to drive the car for a week or more, definitely keep it on a battery tender.

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Welcome!

Are you planning to track the car at all?

At a bare minimum, I highly recommend a set of hood struts for keeping the hood open without needing the prop-rod. I use redline.

Next, you should know that these cars have a relatively small battery and suffer from a decent parasitic draw. If youā€™re not going to drive the car for a week or more, definitely keep it on a battery tender.

Thank you!

No plans on tracking the car. Just some cruising and spirited driving.

According to the Carfax the battery was replaced not long ago already. I'll definitely put it on a tender!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thank you!

No plans on tracking the car. Just some cruising and spirited driving.

According to the Carfax the battery was replaced not long ago already. I'll definitely put it on a tender!
I forgot to mention, PPF (paint protection film) is worth looking into. There are many many searchable threads concerning PPF outlaying why itā€™s almost a necessity for this car.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you!

Gotcha that makes sense. I do get along well with my local dealership. I use to work there and we've bought plenty from them. If this would help....
If you have a good rapport with a local Fore Dealer, that helps and not all Dealers are the same - so that's a positive on your side.

If you have not seen this thread; definitely take some time to read through it, because it's an important one even if your GT350 doesn't fall within the years specified.
GT350 Timing Chain TSB thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tsb-for-secondary-cam-chain-tensioner.158799/

If you elect to do so, be careful with "tunes" and make sure whomever you deal with is reputable.

Definitely invest in PPF if the car doesn't already have it - the most susceptible areas for chips from road or track debris are right behind the doors in front of the rear 1/4 wheel wells, mirror caps, nose cone, 4-6" up the front of the hood, front fenders and top frontal edge of the roof line.

--

As for the parasitic battery draw mentioned, some of you should check out this thread... this M6G Owner found that the draw he was experiencing was from the center console light remaining on when the car was parked:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/center-console-armrest-light-twisted-seatbelt.173334/

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
You the same Bdubbs from SVTPERFORMANCE? I recognize that name. Welcome and congratulations!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
If you have a good rapport with a local Fore Dealer, that helps and not all Dealers are the same - so that's a positive on your side.

If you have not seen this thread; definitely take some time to read through it, because it's an important one even if your GT350 doesn't fall within the years specified.
GT350 Timing Chain TSB thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tsb-for-secondary-cam-chain-tensioner.158799/

If you elect to do so, be careful with "tunes" and make sure whomever you deal with is reputable.

Definitely invest in PPF if the car doesn't already have it - the most susceptible areas for chips from road or track debris are right behind the doors in front of the rear 1/4 wheel wells, mirror caps, nose cone, 4-6" up the front of the hood, front fenders and top frontal edge of the roof line.

--

As for the parasitic battery draw mentioned, some of you should check out this thread... this M6G Owner found that the draw he was experiencing was from the center console light remaining on when the car was parked:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/center-console-armrest-light-twisted-seatbelt.173334/
Interesting read, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue since 350ā€™s donā€™t have a center console light. I kinda wish we had a center console light though (and cup holder lights.)

Besides that, excellent info.

Deleted member 13861

Congrats beautiful car. I have a 19 as well , I kept changes to a minimum. Hood struts, resonator deletes, Z26 brake pads for less dust, PPF and ceramic coating. These cars are so good stock it is not necessary IMO to make a lot of changes. Enjoy your car.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Congrats beautiful car. I have a 19 as well , I kept changes to a minimum. Hood struts, resonator deletes, Z26 brake pads for less dust, PPF and ceramic coating. These cars are so good stock it is not necessary IMO to make a lot of changes. Enjoy your car.
Ohhhh yeah, I forgot about the resonator delete. Good call!!
Sponsored