Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
I'm about to attempt my first oil change on this car. Is removing the front tire a must?

Kudos to Rock Auto, they had the best price on motorcraft oil and shipped fast.
Sponsored

melown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R / '13 GTI
Yes removing the front left tire is a must imo. It makes it much easier to get torque wrench access to the oil filter cartridge and for inserting a bendy funnel to minimize spillage onto the airdam and other suspension surfaces.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
There's more than one way to skin a cat.. I made some low-pro wooden ramps that work just fine for getting under the car for easy maintenance like an oil change without taking the tire off. The choice is obviously up to you. As for the rez delete and the GrimmSpeed exhaust valve simulators, a MUST. I threw down a quick review on here on one of the rez delete threads. No more indecisive cold start valve movement. ALWAYS OPEN. BUT it's easy enough to put back to stock if you start finding more than usual dog poop in your lawn... Welcome to the family! This car will get under your skin..in a good way.
oil change.JPG

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
There's more than one way to skin a cat.. I made some low-pro wooden ramps that work just fine for getting under the car for easy maintenance like an oil change without taking the tire off. The choice is obviously up to you. As for the rez delete and the GrimmSpeed exhaust valve simulators, a MUST. I threw down a quick review on here on one of the rez delete threads. No more indecisive cold start valve movement. ALWAYS OPEN. BUT it's easy enough to put back to stock if you start finding more than usual dog poop in your lawn... Welcome to the family! This car will get under your skin..in a good way.
oil change.JPG
That's awesome!

I do have some low profile Race Ramps. But ideally want to use my 4 post lift.

I guess I got lucky? My car already has the resonator delete. Does this mean the switch for the exhaust sound doesn't matter?

Thank you! My buddy said I'll end up driving this car a lot more than the others..

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
That's awesome!

I do have some low profile Race Ramps. But ideally want to use my 4 post lift.

I guess I got lucky? My car already has the resonator delete. Does this mean the switch for the exhaust sound doesn't matter?

Thank you! My buddy said I'll end up driving this car a lot more than the others..
Rez delete outta the way. Nice. The switch will still works with the rez deletes. The switch controls the valves in the mufflers. Thats what the GrimmSpeed exhaust valve simulators take care of. Unplug the wire harness on the mufflers while the valves are open, and plug in the dummy plug. No more, 'BRAAAbrrrrrrrRAAAAAARRRR...' (loud then quiet then loud) exhaust on cold starts, which is the valves cycling. Also, you have open exhaust in 6th gear while cruising. Don't worry, no drone, even with the rez delete. I've had the back seats folded down for years, and I cannot get enough of the sound.

*Edit* Just put this on YouTube so you know what I'm talking about..
GT350 GrimmSpeed Exhaust Valve Delete - YouTube

*Edit Edit* 2018 GT350 cold start inside showroom - YouTube
This 'cycling valves' is what the plugs take care of. Just a comparison.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Rez delete outta the way. Nice. The switch will still works with the rez deletes. The switch controls the valves in the mufflers. Thats what the GrimmSpeed exhaust valve simulators take care of. Unplug the wire harness on the mufflers while the valves are open, and plug in the dummy plug. No more, 'BRAAAbrrrrrrrRAAAAAARRRR...' (loud then quiet then loud) exhaust on cold starts, which is the valves cycling. Also, you have open exhaust in 6th gear while cruising. Don't worry, no drone, even with the rez delete. I've had the back seats folded down for years, and I cannot get enough of the sound.

*Edit* Just put this on YouTube so you know what I'm talking about..
GT350 GrimmSpeed Exhaust Valve Delete - YouTube

*Edit Edit* 2018 GT350 cold start inside showroom - YouTube
This 'cycling valves' is what the plugs take care of. Just a comparison.
That's awesome thank you. I'm not sure what resonator delete I have. But it's definitely deleted. I'll have to check once I get it on a lift. Probably do a little undercarriage cleaning.
Sponsored