Someone slashed my tire

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Of course...no comparison...these are high performance...street tires....so what you did to them is not what they were designed for. So, showing a beat up DWS means nothing in the world of HP street tires.

For aggressive street driving...all weather traction...and BEST in snow and ice...proven over and over...for years now....DWS's are hard to beat...esp. for the price. And they road hazard warranty their tires without having to pay for it!! Most others you have to buy the RH as extra cost!!
No argument...I did beat the hell out of 'em. I would buy them again. And by the way, that tire was replaced...free. Can't argue with that. :cheers:
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I had two sets of Conti DWS tires on my '11 GT. Great compromise of performance and all weather capability. But don't be mistaken, they were worthless in anything over 1/2" of snow. I bought both sets late summer - the "S" was still deep in the tread. They are not a substitute for snow tires, especially if you run into slush.

In rain and cold they were great. If my '15 was my DD, I wouldn't have much hesitation in getting them again. Just don't want anyone who has to drive in any kind of snow to think they'll be great. They won't.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Are you sure that is a slash? My wife bought a new Honda Odyssey back in '04. She came out of work one evening and had a flat tire with only 900 miles on the odometer. It looked exactly like that, but three "gashes" vertically. Michelin looked at the tire and said it was a bad tire and replaced it under warranty.
My first thought was someone slashed it too, since she had a big Clemson Tiger Paw on the back window and we live in Gamecock country, and it was the rival game weekend. This is why I never put any stickers on my rear window other than my required USC parking sticker. yea, I work for her rival!
my oldest daughter went to Clemson (graduated 2 years or so ago) and her sister goes the university of South Carolina. it gets tense when they play each other in any sport

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Ha...ha...I do my research. I knew they didn't make the same size tire for the 19" sizes. I tried to order them when I knew I was going to get my '15. Was bummed.....I can order 19's but in a different size than factory...and stay within the acceptable diam. to keep the computers happy.

OK...you are sold on Mich. fine. But, I've learned long ago..price does NOT assure quality. Mich. has raised their prices in the last year or so.....drastically....and they used to be close to Contis....with Contis being less....but...NOW...big difference...quality is the same....and...Tire Rack has agreed with me. I have one person...that is now a "friend" that has sold me tires/wheels...etc....we talk cars...he's a car guy...high perf. Mercedes owner...etc. Loves my Mustang choice...he's driven them.

So, I've been in to tires for some time...don't know it all...first to admit...but, you jumped thinking you KNEW all about me....that's the problem with writing "stuff" on places like this. Don't truly know the other person and where they are coming from.

I used to be a Mich. guy. Now..Contis...for good reason. Trial and error. Best way...plus informed info. from the good folks at Tire Rack. Also...big plus for me...Contis have the "rim protector" style of forming their tires. Pirelli does too. Mich. didn't used to...don't know if they still don't have them. Love the wheel sitting "in to" the tire more. Allows some curb help if too close...and not hitting the wheel.
Lol... good one... but you are correct... you don't know who you're talking with either. Might take your own advice. Let me fill you in... I have 20 plus years in the tire business... I worked for American Tire Distributors for 4 years and I distributed Pirelli, Continental, Michelin, GoodYear, Toyo etc...They Distribute about every tire known to man. Then 11 with GoodYear and 9 with Michelin as a Territory Sales Rep. My last 8 have been with Dell. I have forgot more about tires than you'll probably ever know. I have 20 plus years in drag racing as well. Not sure where you come up with I jumped into something. I made a statement because of the statement you made. Thing is... You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I go by hands on experience. I can tell you I adjusted 3 times as many Continentals while with American Tire than I ever did with Michelin. I still think Continental is a good tire but because of my experiences with them they would never be on any of my cars. SMH... Drops the mic... :lol:

Last edited:

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
So your the "self proclaimed" Michelin man!! lol.....we all wondered what happened to him. Good for you. But, since you've been out of the tire business for some time...and since technology waits for no one...great strides have been made by many manufacturers.
So, I'd say you have a lot to catch up on.

So, I see when you joined here...and how many thanks, thanked, and posts do you have....Hmmm????? And I joined when?...and how many do I have...Hmmmm????

Read my lips....oh, that's right you can't....let me help you...."your credibility needs some work it seems." Just sayin' Michelin man. Did you ever go on that diet??

You take care now. You've got a long ways to catch up to my stats. And your silly sign off was just that...desperate and silly to get "laughs???" You're trying too hard man.
But, hey, I spent 20 yrs around the world making sure you have the right to say what you want.....and have 2 Vietnam tours under my belt to make sure of that...the best I could. Bach. and Masters Deg......worked for world wide large corporations....and I learned a lot along the way, esp. about people.

And look at me now....talking to the real "Michelin Man." Damn...what a country huh??

Let's get back to helping other's here. If you want to keep trying to be cute...I can do that all day long with you. I bet you are just "puckering up' right now...and would love to get your hands on me..lol....OK...Oh, did I forget to tell you...I was an OSI agent in the military? Oh, but, heck we just want to talk about your total and complete expertise with tires....outdated as it all is, right? I could care less if you put Cooper tires on your car.

Continental DWS....that's my tire. Michelin out priced themselves without truly gaining in quality.

Night night.
You know the nice thing about the high road? There's almost no traffic.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So, I see when you joined here...and how many thanks, thanked, and posts do you have....Hmmm????? And I joined when?...and how many do I have...Hmmmm????
You've been bloviating on here for 9 mos. and I've been sharing my knowledge and experiences for......1 month. Don't think you will ever catch up.
First, thank you for your service and protecting our wonderful country:cheers:

Second...why do you keep bringing up how many "thanks" you have? This is like the third or fourth time I have seen you mention that over the last couple of days. The "thanks" feature was just recently enabled as part of the last forum upgrade about 2 months or so ago. I don't brag on all the "thanks" I have been given. You are in fact the only one:headbonk:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You've been bloviating on here for 9 mos. and I've been sharing my knowledge and experiences for......1 month. Don't think you will ever catch up.

You take care now. You've got a long ways to catch up to my stats. And your silly sign off was just that...desperate and silly to get "laughs???" You're trying too hard man.
Are you really getting into a pissing match about who has the most Thanks? A button that anyone can click for any reason?

And post count - you are seriously holding that against someone? People have no experience or anything worthwhile to contribute until their post count hits certain number for a given time period?

btw, the 'Thanks' functionality has only been implemented for about 1.5 months, but you wouldn't know that since you've only been around for a month - maybe I should hold that against you and consider everything you say questionable - until you've been active for at least, what, say 4 months? Sound good?

Kind of wish there was a 'No Thanks' button right about now.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
:)
e31.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
As far as the DC suburbs of Maryland, Bethesda and to a lesser extent Potomac are the only areas worth moving to.
I live in Rockville and love it there...
Sponsored