Sponsored

Bullitt dreams slashed for now, considering an Ecoboost.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just to follow up on closure with this. My wife took an extended test drive in one last week and thought she felt she could grow to enjoy it, she didn't 'Love it' and was a bit concerned with how she would do with the increased blind spots a coupe design car has. With that in mind I have decided to leave it and continue saving for the Bullitt. Thanks for all your input!
Smart. Really is an awesome car. If you can, look for the one with electronics package, you get better stereo and BLIS. You really get used to the blind spots pretty quick.
I even have my mirrors slightly too far in (without compromising safety) so I can stare at that cool rear quarter panel all the time. :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Anglia 106E Wagon, 2015 Ford Escape 2.0
Thanks Richard,

Yes my intent is to get one fully loaded, incl Recaros.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks Richard,

Yes my intent is to get one fully loaded, incl Recaros.
You bet! :)

The Recaros is the only option I didn't go for. I do have the Magneride too, but the Recaros make you lose power seats/memory and heated/cooled seats. The cooling is not great, but heated seats and power/memory for me was more important as I've tracked the car only once (plan to do more, but Recaros for me were overkill). I would suspect the standard seats are lot better for longer trips. I've done 3 1,000+mile trips and can't imagine having done that with the Recaros.

Of course whatever floats your boat, but I'd at least compare them side by side.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, $51,880 two years ago, $49,400 now. And that dealer charges $800 for "closing". I could've bought one new last year for probably $41K. :frown:

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's so weird. Who puts only 2,000 miles on a car? I'm sure there are legit reasons and I'd be interested to hear them.
But I would assume it's not budget, you'd have to know if you can swing the car or not... Maybe a major life change?

I'd hope it wasn't cause the original owner despised the car... :(

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
That's so weird. Who puts only 2,000 miles on a car? I'm sure there are legit reasons and I'd be interested to hear them.
Given the current prices on used cars, it's possible that it was a weekend toy for the original owner and they took the opportunity to sell the car for more than they paid.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, the owner bought a "toy", realized he wasn't getting any pleasure from it as opposed to the cost and positive return. He just sold it back to the dealership.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
But I would assume it's not budget, you'd have to know if you can swing the car or not... Maybe a major life change?

I'd hope it wasn't cause the original owner despised the car... :(
...me.
I had my '20 Scat Pack for 4 months.
It had 3300 miles on it when I sold it...........................:crazy:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
...me.
I had my '20 Scat Pack for 4 months.
It had 3300 miles on it when I sold it...........................:crazy:
Yeah, I guess I should reserve my judgement. Everyone's life/financial/whatever situation is different and I'm sure they had their reasons.
I'm willing to bet cars like these (not just Mustangs) are not easy to give up if you have to...
Sponsored