Sponsored

Someone slashed my tire

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Again I will say it very well could have been a puncture from road debris. BUT…. Would not the OP have have a sudden loss of pressure and the TPS gone off and let him know about it. Let alone he may have heard it hissing as he exited his car when he parked it. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, just going on what information he has given. It all isn't adding up if you ask me. Again, I hope all gets fixed to his liking.
Sponsored

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
This is an interesting thread! And to think, some folks around here think maybe I'm a little paranoid about the lack of a fuel filler lock. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not..............

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Again I will say it very well could have been a puncture from road debris. BUT…. Would not the OP have have a sudden loss of pressure and the TPS gone off and let him know about it. Let alone he may have heard it hissing as he exited his car when he parked it. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, just going on what information he has given. It all isn't adding up if you ask me. Again, I hope all gets fixed to his liking.
Right, I didn't notice anything like that until I let the car sit for a week. Vandalism is most likely.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I just think that if you hate someone else's stuff that bad why you'd stop at just a single tire? Wouldn't you drag your knife across the paint as you're leaving? I've never vandalized someone's property, so I don't know what people are thinking, but if I did I can't help but think the tire is way harder to damage than paint.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I just think that if you hate someone else's stuff that bad why you'd stop at just a single tire? Wouldn't you drag your knife across the paint as you're leaving? I've never vandalized someone's property, so I don't know what people are thinking, but if I did I can't help but think the tire is way harder to damage than paint.
As somebody who was once a very bored teenager with nothing to do, living in a place with lots of abandoned and crumbling warehouses and lots of concrete walls that, to a teenager, would maybe have looked a little better with a little graffiti on them, vandals generally tend to just do whatever they can as quickly as they can and then run off before anybody happens to see or notice them.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
As somebody who was once a very bored teenager with nothing to do, living in a place with lots of abandoned and crumbling warehouses and lots of concrete walls that, to a teenager, would maybe have looked a little better with a little graffiti on them, vandals generally tend to just do whatever they can as quickly as they can and then run off before anybody happens to see or notice them.
Yep, not always about hate or jealousy.

Sometimes it is just a 'that seems like something to do' moment for a youngster who has maybe dipped into dad's liquor cabinet and is being egged on by friends.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
My oldest pulled into the driveway on one particular occasion and said the TPMS in the car had just come on. Looked at the tire, seemed OK, so figured a pound or two with the compressor because it was cold would be what was needed. After trying compressor, then slime and compressor, noticed slime "spraying" out on the back (inner sidewall) of the tire. Three inch gash ripped through sidewall...WTF?? Nothing around to have done it, and would have deflated extremely quickly as the compressor couldn't even keep up with it. Still a mystery.....

So, no, somehow, what seems like the logical chain of events isn't always true.

Horse Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
ICE I assure you has nothing to do with this. I opened both pictures in another window and blew them up on a 30 inch monitor. This isn't cracking due to the summer tread compound either. I do know that something entered the tire on the top shoulder mark. Clear easy to spot higher speed entry. Entered from left to right showing the car was moving forward. Low speeds more than likely the tread would have left a flap over the entry unless the OP pulled it off. Clear that the bottom puncture came from the inside out. I would say this is a road hazard and not from a person. IMO...
That's pretty impressive given that an extremely low resolution camera phone was used to take the pictures and the image sizes are about 150k or so. It's not like any attempt to blow up the image would make it look like you were looking through Mr. Magoo's glasses..

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Thanks... Not really hard to assess when you know of what you're looking at regardless of how large the picture.

Daffyduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Sure it's not from driving in temps below 40 degrees? My pp Gt has sticker on door jam that says don't drive in temps below 40 degrees.I read the tires can crack if you do.

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Hmmmm, looks like I won't be buying Pirelli's again. Total BS on their part.
Well then, if that's your plan... don't buy Goodyears:

Or Michelin Pilot Super Sports:

Or any other high performance tire that is Summer rated if you live in the arctic.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Well then, if that's your plan... don't buy Goodyears:

Or Michelin Pilot Super Sports:

Or any other high performance tire that is Summer rated if you live in the arctic.
Looks like I won't be buying Goodyear either. 45*f & above seems a bit ridiculous, I live in Lousiana & it gets below 45*f now & then...it was 34*f this morning when I drove to work. So, you'll basically have to live in Southern Florida or Mexico to drive on a summer tire. I'm sure there's a summer tire out there doesn't have that limitation.
Sponsored