Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Are you sure that is a slash? My wife bought a new Honda Odyssey back in '04. She came out of work one evening and had a flat tire with only 900 miles on the odometer. It looked exactly like that, but three "gashes" vertically. Michelin looked at the tire and said it was a bad tire and replaced it under warranty.
My first thought was someone slashed it too, since she had a big Clemson Tiger Paw on the back window and we live in Gamecock country, and it was the rival game weekend. This is why I never put any stickers on my rear window other than my required USC parking sticker. yea, I work for her rival!

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I bought this house in Maryland for the commute. My real home is in DC. I'm seriously considering to move out.
As far as the DC suburbs of Maryland, Bethesda and to a lesser extent Potomac are the only areas worth moving to.

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that is a slash? My wife bought a new Honda Odyssey back in '04. She came out of work one evening and had a flat tire with only 900 miles on the odometer. It looked exactly like that, but three "gashes" vertically. Michelin looked at the tire and said it was a bad tire and replaced it under warranty.
My first thought was someone slashed it too, since she had a big Clemson Tiger Paw on the back window and we live in Gamecock country, and it was the rival game weekend. This is why I never put any stickers on my rear window other than my required USC parking sticker. yea, I work for her rival!
It looked like a knife went in. :shrug:

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the DC suburbs of Maryland, Bethesda and to a lesser extent Potomac are the only areas worth moving to.
Unfortunately my job is nowhere close to those areas.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
It looked like a knife went in. :shrug:
Ours did too. It looked exactly like that, but split in three different areas. All were perfectly vertical. Have it looked at carefully by a tire store. And honestly, I'm not sure who would handle a tire warranty. Honda told us that it is up to Michelin and that the Honda warranty would not cover a tire.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
My OCD is kicking in, not a slash, that is definitely a stab... :)

Sorry that happened, that is why at my house they would have to fight through our two German Shepherds and my arsenal to try to get at my cars or stuff. No reason for anyone to mess with other's things, really sucks...

Chris

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If this is a truly defective tire, I may get it replaced under warranty. I already filed an insurance claim. I called Ford roadside assistance to get the car towed since I have no spare tire but they wouldn't tow for free if it was vandalism.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Sorry to hear that OP. Like some other mentioned, it looks like a defective tire. I don't think it's knife stab since it's perfectly in line with tire wall pattern.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Looks like there is some rim damage on the opposite side of the wheel as well as tire damage just above the cut. Maybe that's just a reflection?

It could be that someone hit a curb and pinched the tire, causing it to fail. When the stars align, it can happen pretty easily.

Sucks either way, though. Good luck with the repairs.

-T

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Looks like there is some rim damage on the opposite side of the wheel as well as tire damage just above the cut.

I suspect someone hit a curb pretty hard and pinched the tire, causing it to fail.

Sucks either way, though. Good luck with the repairs.

-T
Looks like snow...
Sponsored