Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Well depends on where you DD. But I think the Street Race is really extreme for DD....
It's not for the faint of heart. I've yet to hear it side by side vs a corsa extreme setup but others have said the street race is louder. If anyone is remotely concerned about the neighbors, police officers, or significant others they should get the Mach thunder. Lucky for me the local LEOs, neighbors, and wife are awesome.
Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wonder which is louder stainless works LMF x-pipe catback or street race?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
It's not for the faint of heart. I've yet to hear it side by side vs a corsa extreme setup but others have said the street race is louder. If anyone is remotely concerned about the neighbors, police officers, or significant others they should get the Mach thunder. Lucky for me the local LEOs, neighbors, and wife are awesome.
Personally I love loud pipes! Local LEOs might not and the Street Race might be too loud. I'm thinking I am getting used to the Axleback and love it but I want it just a little louder and deeper. I'm going to give Solo a call and inquire about adding the muffler that's on the Mach Thunder. I think that would do the trick.

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Guard
Personally I love loud pipes! Local LEOs might not and the Street Race might be too loud. I'm thinking I am getting used to the Axleback and love it but I want it just a little louder and deeper. I'm going to give Solo a call and inquire about adding the muffler that's on the Mach Thunder. I think that would do the trick.
Same as me...

I too have the Axle back Solo. When I 1st got it 2 months ago I loved it. I actually still do but want a little more volume. I contacted Solo and they suggested to either buy a Catback or just remove the resonator. They said replacing the reso with another high flow reso or muffler may not change anything. They also said that replacing with a reso delete may add some drone and it will be loud.

I decided to try to experiment and ordered a cheap ($120)H pipe from CJ pony. I'll let you know how it goes.

Could you please pm me with what you hear from solo?

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Same as me...

I too have the Axle back Solo. When I 1st got it 2 months ago I loved it. I actually still do but want a little more volume. I contacted Solo and they suggested to either buy a Catback or just remove the resonator. They said replacing the reso with another high flow reso or muffler may not change anything. They also said that replacing with a reso delete may add some drone and it will be loud.

I decided to try to experiment and ordered a cheap ($120)H pipe from CJ pony. I'll let you know how it goes.

Could you please pm me with what you hear from solo?
Solo said that the muffler from the Mach Thunder won't fit the Axleback and I would have to change the entire system to the Mach Thunder and sell the Axelback.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I daily drive my street race and start my car every morning outside at 4:30am. Nobody has complained to me. Cops don't give me hell either. Only one that gives me hell is the wife lol. I have the mach thunder mid muffler, just haven't had time to do it yet.

I had the mach catback and solo hi flow cats on my 13 gt and it sounded great as well. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices.

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solo said that the muffler from the Mach Thunder won't fit the Axleback and I would have to change the entire system to the Mach Thunder and sell the Axelback.
Why can't you use pipe adapters to make it fit. I would think any decent muffler shop can cut that into where the resonator is. Now whether or not they will sell it muffler is another story.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Why can't you use pipe adapters to make it fit. I would think any decent muffler shop can cut that into where the resonator is. Now whether or not they will sell it muffler is another story.
Solo does sell the mufflers separately, Steve had even confirmed the price somewhere here earlier (was it 350 or 375 for the Mach XV/Thunder , I cannot recall, but you can look it up). Also someone tried to sell a Thunder muffler only earlier (in a separated topic)

If you want louder, get the Thunder muffler or the Street Race x-pipe, the Mach XV setup is actually quieter than the Axleback with the factory resonator. Both should require some custom work as the axleback is designed to connect to the factory resonator (2,5" only).

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
That's exactly what I was thinking but it looks like the muffler doesn't connect to the factory resonator, it appears to connect to the factory cats. I'm going to talk to my installers because I know that they can make it work.

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solo does sell the mufflers separately, Steve had even confirmed the price somewhere here earlier (was it 350 or 375 for the Mach XV/Thunder , I cannot recall, but you can look it up). Also someone tried to sell a Thunder muffler only earlier (in a separated topic)

If you want louder, get the Thunder muffler or the Street Race x-pipe, the Mach XV setup is actually quieter than the Axleback with the factory resonator. Both should require some custom work as the axleback is designed to connect to the factory resonator (2,5" only).
This is all I could find...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=912776&postcount=27

Anyways the modularity is a major part of why I went with this system. I wanted to see if the Axle back offered what I wanted, at first it did but now want more volume. I understand it's not a direct fit...and it's not going to sound exactly like a thunder cat back but unless there's something I'm completely missing I don't see why deleting stock resonator with the thunder won't be an improvement.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is all I could find...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=912776&postcount=27

Anyways the modularity is a major part of why I went with this system. I wanted to see if the Axle back offered what I wanted, at first it did but now want more volume. I understand it's not a direct fit...and it's not going to sound exactly like a thunder cat back but unless there's something I'm completely missing I don't see why deleting stock resonator with the thunder won't be an improvement.
?? There isn't any stock resonator in the catbacks. The Solo Mach mufflers or the x-pipe (for street race) goes where the stock resonator was, replacing it... The modularity is between the catbacks, abviously the axleback has a different step down adapter to connect to 3" solo pipes to the 2.5" factory resonator...Some custom work / adapter may work...

or in case I just misread above - the axleback with a Mach Thunder muffler (with a custom adapter) should sound exactly like the Mach Thunder catback

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what I was thinking but it looks like the muffler doesn't connect to the factory resonator, it appears to connect to the factory cats. I'm going to talk to my installers because I know that they can make it work.
That is correct, the muffler replaces the factory resonator..

Crossfaced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?? There isn't any stock resonator in the catbacks. The Solo Mach mufflers or the x-pipe (for street race) goes where the stock resonator was, replacing it... The modularity is between the catbacks, abviously the axleback has a different step down adapter to connect to 3" solo pipes to the 2.5" factory resonator...Some custom work / adapter may work...

or in case I just misread above - the axleback with a Mach Thunder muffler (with a custom adapter) should sound exactly like the Mach Thunder catback
Right...that's what I meant. I'm aware it replaces the resonator.
Sponsored