Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
just cant see spending near a $1000 when it was $790 a month or so ago...
You might be able to find a sale with Memorial Day coming up. Just be patient. I was lucky and got my Mach Thunder when a vendor had a "pricing error" on their website. This is a top notch product, and is worth way more than is being charged.
image.png
Sponsored

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
You might be able to find a sale with Memorial Day coming up. Just be patient. I was lucky and got my Mach Thunder when a vendor had a "pricing error" on their website. This is a top notch product, and is worth way more than is being charged.
Exactly what I got. Bargain of the century:headbang:

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
Damn that is a score. Pm me the vendor if ya don't mind, and I will check it regularly.
Thanks!

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Damn that is a score. Pm me the vendor if ya don't mind, and I will check it regularly.
Thanks!
it was marylandspeed, but they have fixed their pricing already. Solo has a Black Friday sale if you are willing to wait that long for 100$ difference ;-)

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
top value

I agree with those sentiments. Now that I have a few kmiles on the system it has settled in beautifully. Just drove home enjoying those deep mellow sounds, that roar when you want them to. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and adjust the J-tubes for drone. Now it does seem perfect, with sufficient carbon build up in the pipes. And the tips are beautiful, solid pieces of SS. Much nicer than the rolled edge pieces of tin that came with the car.

I would buy this again at almost any price. Getting it at the intro price, was just frosting on an already tasty cake. :headbang:

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I just wish people listened at the beginning about the quality of these systems and the great company that Solo is. It's been preached numerous times and I've stated since the beginning my experience on my last 4 vehicles that I purchased Solo products for. This forum basically believes Corsa is some deity and that's all that ever gets recognized/worshipped. Granted the Corsa is a great exhaust, great company, etc. So no complaints there, just there are other options. If you missed the promo price why didn't you buy sooner if you wanted it? Like said Solo always does a good 15% or 20% off around black Friday if you can wait.

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
I missed the promo because I didn't own the car yet... Or I would have jumped on the deal.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I missed the group buy deal as well but I don't regret paying a little more for the Axleback. I almost cancelled my order for the Axleback system to go with the Mach Thunder Catback but decided to go with my original order. I am so happy with the Axleback setup and I enjoy the exhaust note so much more than I ever imagined! The Axleback is sooo loud that I can't imagine being catless on my DD. I think catless would be too loud for my comfort. I am attracting more than enough attention with the Axleback, I am getting too much attention from the local PD and sheriff since installing the new exhaust. I have been followed too many times in the last two weeks by local LEOs and I have to shift at or before 2k RPM when the local sheriff follows behind me for 4 miles. I know he heard me and he was originally proceeding in different direction but he heard my exhaust when I accelerated from a dead stop and quickly changed direction to follow me. After 4 miles of him playing cat and mouse with me I guess he realized that I saw him on my tail and I wasn't going even 1 mph over the posted speed so he finally turned off and gave up.

It's been almost two weeks since the install and several hundred miles and the system is settling in nicely. The tone has deepend a bit and it really sounds amazing. The shop that did my install mods cars all day long and they commented on the quality of the system and they are very impressed. They were detailing my baby while I was placing my order and they couldn't believe the pricing was so low for such a high quality kit and when they heard that the shipping was free they told me to hurry up and order before they start charging for shipping. When the kit arrived at the shop they called me very excited and called me the following morning and offered to pick my car up while I was at work so they could have it ready for me to pick up that afternoon. They were so excited they sounded like kids, lol. They couldn't get over the care that was taken to package it so nicely for shipping and when they took it out of the box they called and said that they couldn't believe I got it for so cheap because the quality was better than other systems that cost a lot more.

For everyone that missed the sale, it's worth the extra $$ and then some. Just do it, you won't be sorry.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I missed the group buy deal as well but I don't regret paying a little more for the Axleback. I almost cancelled my order for the Axleback system to go with the Mach Thunder Catback but decided to go with my original order. I am so happy with the Axleback setup and I enjoy the exhaust note so much more than I ever imagined! The Axleback is sooo loud that I can't imagine being catless on my DD. I think catless would be too loud for my comfort. I am attracting more than enough attention with the Axleback, I am getting too much attention from the local PD and sheriff since installing the new exhaust. I have been followed too many times in the last two weeks by local LEOs and I have to shift at or before 2k RPM when the local sheriff follows behind me for 4 miles. I know he heard me and he was originally proceeding in different direction but he heard my exhaust when I accelerated from a dead stop and quickly changed direction to follow me. After 4 miles of him playing cat and mouse with me I guess he realized that I saw him on my tail and I wasn't going even 1 mph over the posted speed so he finally turned off and gave up.

It's been almost two weeks since the install and several hundred miles and the system is settling in nicely. The tone has deepend a bit and it really sounds amazing. The shop that did my install mods cars all day long and they commented on the quality of the system and they are very impressed. They were detailing my baby while I was placing my order and they couldn't believe the pricing was so low for such a high quality kit and when they heard that the shipping was free they told me to hurry up and order before they start charging for shipping. When the kit arrived at the shop they called me very excited and called me the following morning and offered to pick my car up while I was at work so they could have it ready for me to pick up that afternoon. They were so excited they sounded like kids, lol. They couldn't get over the care that was taken to package it so nicely for shipping and when they took it out of the box they called and said that they couldn't believe I got it for so cheap because the quality was better than other systems that cost a lot more.

For everyone that missed the sale, it's worth the extra $$ and then some. Just do it, you won't be sorry.
The caback doesn't make you catless. It begins right after the cats. But it replaces the old resonator and removes the mufflers. I'm sure the axle back sound great too. I almost went with that myself. Much easier install, I imagine.:clap2:

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
The caback doesn't make you catless. It begins right after the cats. But it replaces the old resonator and removes the mufflers. I'm sure the axle back sound great too. I almost went with that myself. Much easier install, I imagine.:clap2:
I stand corrected and thanks for the clarification. My installers said it was a pretty easy install.

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well that just doesn't make any sense. I see no logical reason for the sound to change over time. Usually the listener is breaking in, and not the system. :shrug:
It actually will get deeper throughout the break in period due to the carbon building up inside the pipes. It gets better as it breaks in:)

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks again for all of the support! We don't have any sales planned currently...our pricing is very fair considering what you're getting in the kit in terms of quality, R&D, and service. We are less than many other major brand names, and our goal is to provide an affordable product that works and still maintains a high standard for quality. Shipping is also free to the continental US currently. These are honestly some of our personal favorite sounding kits that we have ever made, and take a lot of pride in them. Feel free to contact me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks again for all of the support! We don't have any sales planned currently...our pricing is very fair considering what you're getting in the kit in terms of quality, R&D, and service. We are less than many other major brand names, and our goal is to provide an affordable product that works and still maintains a high standard for quality. Shipping is also free to the continental US currently. These are honestly some of our personal favorite sounding kits that we have ever made, and take a lot of pride in them. Feel free to contact me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve
What grade stainless steel are the Solo exhaust systems? I see the mufflers and tips are 304SS. But what about the tubing?