Sponsored

Soler Engineering Throttle body

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don’t think there’s gonna be any dyno results on this one. This is a driveability mod, not a hp mod. Someone that can speak more eloquently on the topic than I can, please jump in, but they even advertise above 50% throttle, there’s no difference. And won’t be any hp difference anywhere.

Doesn’t sound like you read this thread at all.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I don’t think there’s gonna be any dyno results on this one. This is a driveability mod, not a hp mod. Someone that can speak more eloquently on the topic than I can, please jump in, but they even advertise above 50% throttle, there’s no difference. And won’t be any hp difference anywhere.

Doesn’t sound like you read this thread at all.
I read the entire thread. Every Performance matrix IE; HP, TQ, RPM Speed throughout an engines power band from idle to Redline "CAN" "IS" measured on a Dyno, otherwise it's snake oil.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I read the entire thread. Every Performance matrix IE; HP, TQ, RPM Speed throughout an engines power band from idle to Redline "CAN" "IS" measured on a Dyno, otherwise it's snake oil.
Dyno runs are useless if you're calibrating for driveability.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Depends on the type of dyno.
I agree, but the term "dyno run" usually refers to a blast at full throttle from low RPM to redline. It tells you nothing about tip-in or transitions. However, as I believe you're suggesting, if you have an eddy current dyno and can collect a vast array of data at varying loads and settings, the way the OEM's do it, then, yes, a dyno can be very useful in improving driveability.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sorry if i missed it, but do they do anything electrical to the TB, or is it all physical/mechanical?

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Sorry if i missed it, but do they do anything electrical to the TB, or is it all physical/mechanical?
For the OEM TB jobs, nothing. For their "out the ground" TB's, they use their own custom electronics, but neither of them have anything modified to behave differently than stock, lmfao!!!

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Btw - their ‘new’ price is a better deal than sourcing a new TB from Tasca (or the like) and then having them modify it - for those that may prefer to keep their stock unit on the shelf

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Btw - their ‘new’ price is a better deal than sourcing a new TB from Tasca (or the like) and then having them modify it - for those that may prefer to keep their stock unit on the shelf
Yes, I had intended to go the "Rework Your Own" route then saw that the "New" option was now apparently in stock so I ordered that just today. (Along with the TB Controller.)

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Interested to hear your thoughts on the Controller. Never thought about needing / wanting one for the GT350 although really like the Banks unit I put in the F350

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Does the controller alter the factory ECU throttle inputs thus voiding warranty? About to order a brand new ported 91mm and keep my factory TB but I just assumed the controller would have to change something the ford techs could find if my engine ever blew.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’ll add this to the topic though…outstanding customer service. Great, informative, thought out replies from Mike, and they turned my TB in one day. Two thumbs up.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I’ll add this to the topic though…outstanding customer service. Great, informative, thought out replies from Mike, and they turned my TB in one day. Two thumbs up.
Any insight on my post above from them?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Any insight on my post above from them?

Yeah. Did you look at the website for the controller? Good info there and a thing that showed interaction. The warranty and footprint stuff, IDK. However, risk is stupid low. If you’re that warranty risk averse, jsut avoid it.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
@Bulldogs22 : I agree with @galaxy that the TB Controller would not be a concern for vehicle warranty. It is simply scaling/increasing the voltage before going to PCM to direct % of TB opening. Per Soler Engineering description on Controller:

Screenshot_20220419-184114_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored