So long ugly yellow labels...

coolpixer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2008 S197, 2009 CTS, 1982 CJ7, 2015 C300, SuperCub
I used this. Disclaimer: the 4" wide is about 2mm short but you can't see it if along the far edge.
flock.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Thanks, another alternative. Maybe a Sharpie could hide the 2mm.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I made my own from Vivid XPO adhesive backed, anti-reflective sheets. I created a paper template to trace onto the back of the material. I have enough left for nine more sets. I'm happy to send them Priority Mail for $10 each set. (Priority Mail flat rate is $8.95, so I'm not even covering gas at today's prices.) Sorry about the pic inside the car -- hard to get a good shot with so much sun outside the car. If you want a set, contact me by message.

DSCN4439.JPG
DSCN4446.JPG

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I'm planning on going one step further - having the whole visor recovered in Orange checkerboard fabric to match the Orange Fury paint.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I made my own from Vivid XPO adhesive backed, anti-reflective sheets. I created a paper template to trace onto the back of the material. I have enough left for nine more sets. I'm happy to send them Priority Mail for $10 each set. (Priority Mail flat rate is $8.95, so I'm not even covering gas at today's prices.) Sorry about the pic inside the car -- hard to get a good shot with so much sun outside the car. If you want a set, contact me by message.

DSCN4439.JPG
DSCN4446.JPG
Yeah I bet, can hardly notice the edges of the yellow label :rain:

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
7579.png
SIG556
SEARCH

Sunvisor Decal removal
Next
IgnoreUnwatch
•••
[ATTACH=full]669895[/ATTACH]
Sig556
JoinedJan 26, 2014Messages702Reaction score431LocationNorth CarolinaFirst NameEdVehicle(s)2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Mar 15, 2020
If you guys are as bothered as I am about the ugly sun visor decals here is how to easily remove them. (1st) Take your time. (2nd) Slowly heat the sun visor decal with a Blow Dryer not the visor just the decal. (3) Using a pair of tweezers carefully peel the decal away from the visor keep the heat on the decal surface and the decal just lifts off. (4) Use a little Goo Gone to remove any left over adhesive.
img_0296-jpg.jpg

img_0298-jpg.jpg

img_0299-jpg.jpg

PS: I hated looking at them each time I got into the car. Then I remembered that you use a hair dryer to remove the emblems off your car. I bet you could remove the decals the same way and now the car looks like it should. Here you go! As a side note Total Cost for this mod Approximately $.05 for electricity and 15 minutes of your time.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Hi all, there is another thread out there on these ugly air bag warning labels. Mainly about removing them vs covering up. I chose the cover up route like folks here. Used very inexpensive matte black vinyl sheet with removable adhesive I found at Michaels craft. Cut out to fit, not perfect look but covers those large ugly things pretty well. Here's a picture:

20211224_103808.jpg

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Not sure of this but removing them completely might be an issue on resale. They are a government mandated safety notice.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I can imagine it now. On the judging field in 2062, and some poor guy is just shy of the holy grail 100 points...because his airbag stickers had been removed. Oh sure, you can get reproductions but they aren't quite as originals:crackup:
That's his problem. My problem is the glaring yellow, especially when driving at night and fool in the truck or SUV behind me is on high beams! I'm willing to risk a future owner's 100 points!

Sponsored

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Not sure of this but removing them completely might be an issue on resale. They are a government mandated safety notice.
After what the/all government(s) has/have done to us all these last two years.
Government(s) can kiss my ass.
All that's left of mine is the adhesive. That'll be gone soon.

Tom M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium 'vert
I'd bet that they are like the mattress tags. The laws apply to the manufacturer and dealer, but not the end consumer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Anchor room sells items to cover up both.

Richard
Mine are a perfect match to the OEM material, same flat weave liner in dark black. I have contact at headliner fabric source to auto industry. I don't care for the vinyl or other makeshift products.
Sponsored