Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
coming home from a long road trip and this s197 (pre 2010) follows me for a while. not like creepy or annoying, i just noticed it. after a while he comes up beside me, revs, and keeps doing this kind of "lets go" with a big smile on his face. black mustang license plat BAD PNY. traffic was just way too dense and i was too tired to wanna play.

so... does this happen to you guys a lot?
i've had cool cars a lot in my life and this is legit the first time that's happened.
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Happens on the daily where I'm from (socal) it could be anything from another mustang, to infinitys, nissans and especially chargers. Doesn't help that at night when I'm on my way home from work my underglow is on so it entices them more I feel like. I usually just pop it in sport + and drop a few gears and take off for a few seconds so they hear the corsa extremes and that usually turns them off.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
coming home from a long road trip and this s197 (pre 2010) follows me for a while. not like creepy or annoying, i just noticed it. after a while he comes up beside me, revs, and keeps doing this kind of "lets go" with a big smile on his face. black mustang license plat BAD PNY. traffic was just way too dense and i was too tired to wanna play.

i've had cool cars a lot in my life and this is legit the first time that's happened.
Yes, all the time. Get used to it. šŸ˜„šŸ‘

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Constantly. Most common culprits: diesel pickup trucks, Infinitis, and WRXā€™s.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

I think a lot of guys who have highly modified older Mustangs fail to realize that a bone stock 18+ will likely take them to the woodshed. Eventually theyā€™ll learn. Just like with the ā€˜60s muscle cars, what was bad ass back in the day is ho-hum now.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
This happens to me at least once a week at stop lights in my town. But it's mostly ugly ass trucks that looks like dogs dragging their asses on the ground because they have dingle berries stuck on their assholes. I don't know why they lower them like that on the back. Gets annoying. I just ignore them. Every now & then I'll rev my engine the way the do & watch them launch all on their own when the light turns green.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Last month while on Rt 81 in PA during a light rain I had a kid in Mustang following me and Iā€™d pass him a few times and he would do the sameā€¦well he was a few cars in front of me and all of sudden heā€™s doing a 360 with mud and cars parts flying everywhere as he went into the wire guardrail ā€¦not goodā€¦.totaled the car...luckily I avoided everything as did the cars in front of me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah it happens quite a bit. Chargers, Camaros and especially Civics, 350/370Zā€™s, Infinitiā€™s etc. that sound like the horn section of a marching band. The most satisfaction I give them is a rev or two in Track Mode on the AE and most of them tuck their tails between their legs and move on. The ones that donā€™t race themselves to the next stop light and then look at me thinking they beat me or something. Mostly high school aged kids, I remember being that age but I typically have my kids in the car with me so itā€™s not happening. Theyā€™re not worth my time or a ticket (or potentially worse if they canā€™t control their car, I know I can control mine).

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I don't usually have mustangs doing it to me but every 6.4 dodge and bmw tries. I had a late 90s chevy truck try it the other day. He took off so fast off the line and there was no traffic so I gave him a run. Pretty impressive for a sleeper truck. He didn't realize my stock looking gt is far from stock but if it was, I think he would have hung. Fun times in Mexico.

Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Last month while on Rt 81 in PA during a light rain I had a kid in Mustang following me and Iā€™d pass him a few times and he would do the sameā€¦well he was a few cars in front of me and all of sudden heā€™s doing a 360 with mud and cars parts flying everywhere as he went into the wire guardrail ā€¦not goodā€¦.totaled the car...luckily I avoided everything as did the cars in front of me.
Yeah, I won't respond to that stuff because even if I trusted myself to race someone on public roads, I wouldn't trust the other driver. I don't want to have the tinge of guilt of someone wiping themselves out because I chose to race them.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I must be the outlier. No one ever wants to race, they just stare :)

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Nothing specialā€¦ itā€™s not your mustangā€¦ itā€™s any ā€œsportyā€ carā€¦ my wifeā€™s wrx, the sti, mustang or gtrā€¦ and depending on the car, you get kinda same level matchingā€¦.

on the wrx most common things are vw gti or audi A4, on the mustang itā€™s camaros, challengers and some bmwā€¦ the gtr attracts more 911 and amgā€™sā€¦

one thing that always make me laugh are the loud V6 mustangs and camaros trying to race the gt, bitch you are loud, not fastā€¦

another thingā€¦ I usually look at their tiresā€¦ if i see good tires, they usually mean businessā€¦ but then i see V8s with some big ass wheels and some cheap ass tires, i know they are just a jokeā€¦

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i had a mercades pull up on my fast yesterday... i dropped down and took off... he got back in left lane and disappeared... The Corsa extreme made him think twice. im all stock but that, it def is loud asf...
Sponsored