Sponsored

So I just drove a A10 Mustang GT for the first time

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
For context, I have a 2017 GT performance package 6 speed Lund tuned on e85.

I drove a 2024 GT performance package with the A10.

The car felt quick shifting so many gears so fast but everything else was a far cry from my 6 speed GT. No character, no emotion, the car felt bland and when putting the pedal to the metal at 30-40mph in second gear it just didn’t feel like my 6 speed GT.

The exhaust note from the 2024 was amazing though. I wish I could’ve driven the 6 speed but the dealership didn’t have one on stock.
Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
i drove a HPP 10spd and it was boring. drove a bullitt and it was a riot.
i think had i drove a 6spd hpp i probably would have ordered one.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Ok. No one asked /s

J/k. I haven't driven an auto and don't really have a desire to, but no need to poopoo people's choice of transmission. Every enthusiast forum has this circlejerk with manual transmissions.

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Ok. No one asked /s

J/k. I haven't driven an auto and don't really have a desire to, but no need to poopoo people's choice of transmission. Every enthusiast forum has this circlejerk with manual transmissions.
Same here. You know that you can’t mention anything about a manual newer gt500 on here lmao you’ll get attacked and the thread may even get closed.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
the car felt bland and when putting the pedal to the metal at 30-40mph in second gear it just didn’t feel like my 6 speed GT.
I can't argue with what you feel but the 10R80 in second is everything but bland. The gear ratio is shorter by MUCH in comparison to the manual.
Personally I found the regular run of the mill GT with the Getrag transmission badly geared: I drove one so I felt it. I'm not talking feel (or how you may feel, because I feel bored) or build quality.
Plot the gear ratio of the two gearboxes and you will see for yourself, the 10R80 gearing is far better spaced.

Having said that, nothing can be said about emotions. Some like it a way, some the other.
But if we stick to the facts, the 10R80 is quicker and better for performance driving than the 6 speed Getrag.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I am the exact opposite. I willingly chose the 10 speed when I bought mine. I came from a Gen 3 Coyote F150 with the 10R80 so I was familiar with the general combo and liked it.

That said, a couple of weekends ago, my buddy and I swapped cars for the day when we were out for a drive. I drove his 20 Bullitt all day and I did thoroughly enjoy it, had been a while since I had driven a manual and it was a blast. The exhaust note of the Bullitt is nice too. BUT, the gear spacing on the MT82 is a little too wide spaced for me. And by the end of the day, my left knee and calf were crying uncle. I was glad to get my car back :) But I would glady do it again some day.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
For pure performance you cant beat the auto. If i wanna bang gears because its "fun" or cause its a "riot" as some say i have a foxbody for that.

Sponsored

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Do not drive a 10 speed GT in any mode less than sport +
My custom pony mode is sports + drive mode with track mode exhaust and comfort steering.. best of both worlds. Normal mode is an utter disappointment with how sluggish it is

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
Yes, unfortunately, my knees are getting the best of me nowadays. The A10 is a blast and rev matching is unlike anything I've ever owned. I have the 03 GT for playing with when I want to shift gears. Granted, the horse power is way different, but the sound of downshifting the 4.6 with SLP loudmouth cat back is awesome.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
For context, I have a 2017 GT performance package 6 speed Lund tuned on e85.

I drove a 2024 GT performance package with the A10.

The car felt quick shifting so many gears so fast but everything else was a far cry from my 6 speed GT. No character, no emotion, the car felt bland and when putting the pedal to the metal at 30-40mph in second gear it just didn’t feel like my 6 speed GT.

The exhaust note from the 2024 was amazing though. I wish I could’ve driven the 6 speed but the dealership didn’t have one on stock.
The trans in my 2016 with the PP2 tune was excellent. Great trans.

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
For all the crap I read about the 10-speed, I think it’s really a great transmission so far. Leave it in D for when you aren’t driving it like a hooligan; put it in sport + when you want a more aggressive shift response. Put it in S and use the steering wheel shifters if you want complete control over the trans shifting.

The only transmission I liked a little better was the 6-speed auto in my old BMW 340xi. It was excellent and never ever had a hiccup.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Manual is more fun, except for the MT82. That trans has multiple issues with fast shifting. If you can get the Tremec in anything, that would be a better option. The mT82 is a 12+ year running joke. Issues we dealt with in 2011 are still issues today. Missing third, clutch sticking to the floor during WOT runs. Its all a joke. You have to remove the helper spring, swap all the fluid to dot4+, get an expensive aftermarket shifter, get the trans brace and in the end replace the clutch.
Sponsored