Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bugger me, it was too! :eyebulge:

Only just got the remaining grand back a couple of weeks ago as well. No wonder their sales manager gave up phoning me last week to return the V5! :D

Somebody's telling porkies, somewhere...

http://www.lichfieldmercury.co.uk/t...s-of-24-jobs/story-30324988-detail/story.html

You get "forced" off your premises you don't automatically make everyone redundant do you...? Hmmm. Think I definitely dodged a bullet there. Shame for the staff.
It's a shame, really Is, i literally watched them get the news they all looked devastated, it's a big "oh shit moment" it brings some reality to the harshness of some of the work i've under taken as projects in my job recently - it's one of the reasons I want to change employer because it's just such a cruel thing to do...

The real point is, the place is insolvent, they're "bust" and can't make money, so they're shutting early... Bit half and half. I assume most the staff will be relocated to other branches if there's a S.A.R (suitable alternative role).

Anyway, thought it was the same place, you made it go bust! you bastard :lol:
Sponsored

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
PS: sorry for the rant

Dropped the car off 1100 Friday the staff were pleasant and after realising that "I was the guy" I signed paperwork and left the keys.

They showed me to the fiesta they given me for the day and told me it would be ready in 3 hours, however they would update me regularly throughout the day.

Anyway... 6 hours later I decide to phone up to see what was happening as I had not been contacted all day.

I was told the engineer did not realise how many things were connected to the bumper and that it took longer than expected, they also said they wanted to wash the car to which I told them I didn't want them to do as I do it myself.

The guy said it would maybe be ready by end of play (7pm) which wasn't any good for me as I was planning to go out so I ended up reluctantly agreeing on the next day i was told 0930 hours.

I received a phone message stating the car was ready and that they were cleaning the car so it would be ready 10am *facepalm*

I decided to let it slide and began getting ready to leave the house by around 0930. Anyway I receive a call from a bloke who seemed irate telling me I had not come to collect the car and it had in fact been ready by 0900. He told me that they couldn't keep the car all day. WTF I corrected him telling him what I had heard and the fact I wanted the car yesturday however I was feeling my anger rising so decided to stop myself and tell him I was coming.

I arrived and the bumper was on however I noticed two screw marks I'll post pics when I get back from work, now I'm not sure if they replaced the actual bumper or they just come with the marks.

Overall initiaĺly it was a good experience and to be honest they did an ok job on cleaning it (minus the micro scratches)

But it seems they lack communication skills amongst themselves which is why the fucking bumper was drilled in the first place. Im also skeptical about the bumper but decided to check with you lot first as on the day there was nobody to talk to

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
PS: sorry for the rant

Dropped the car off 1100 Friday the staff were pleasant and after realising that "I was the guy" I signed paperwork and left the keys.

They showed me to the fiesta they given me for the day and told me it would be ready in 3 hours, however they would update me regularly throughout the day.

Anyway... 6 hours later I decide to phone up to see what was happening as I had not been contacted all day.

I was told the engineer did not realise how many things were connected to the bumper and that it took longer than expected, they also said they wanted to wash the car to which I told them I didn't want them to do as I do it myself.

The guy said it would maybe be ready by end of play (7pm) which wasn't any good for me as I was planning to go out so I ended up reluctantly agreeing on the next day i was told 0930 hours.

I received a phone message stating the car was ready and that they were cleaning the car so it would be ready 10am *facepalm*

I decided to let it slide and began getting ready to leave the house by around 0930. Anyway I receive a call from a bloke who seemed irate telling me I had not come to collect the car and it had in fact been ready by 0900. He told me that they couldn't keep the car all day. WTF I corrected him telling him what I had heard and the fact I wanted the car yesturday however I was feeling my anger rising so decided to stop myself and tell him I was coming.

I arrived and the bumper was on however I noticed two screw marks I'll post pics when I get back from work, now I'm not sure if they replaced the actual bumper or they just come with the marks.

Overall initiaĺly it was a good experience and to be honest they did an ok job on cleaning it (minus the micro scratches)

But it seems they lack communication skills amongst themselves which is why the fucking bumper was drilled in the first place. Im also skeptical about the bumper but decided to check with you lot first as on the day there was nobody to talk to
If there are 2 little dimples where the bumper should be drilled for the plate, then yes this is how the bumper looks.

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Thank mate I thought I was going to have to complain.

Glad it's all done now

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack

I collected my GT last month and after a weeks ownership noticed this wear/damage to my drivers seat. After initially saying Ford won't repair under warranty I showed my dealer comments from this forum about similar defects and that Ford had recovered other owners seats and that did it the dealer requested a quality/warranty repair and Ford have agreed to it. That's a great result.

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Second service today - 20000 miles in 12 months and all's well. Booked in with Bristol Street Gloucester - they phoned and texted to remind me, phoned to say the visual inspection was fine (and sent a link to a video of it) then phoned me again to tell me it was ready 3 hours before it was due. Can't say fairer than that. Vast improvement over initial experience on pick up last year.

My car also has an F770 dashcam so I got to watch them doing the work on the QT as well :ninja:. V professional actually, even if they did suss the dashcam was there..

Best of all, zero bill as I went for the Ford service plan

Reactions: GB

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes the Ford Service Plan seems a no brainer

Reactions: GB

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Warranty work TCH Derby. Headlamp replaced due to it causing the beam to oscillate over every bump. Work took a bit longer than expected but loan car provided so not a problem.
No issues and bumper,needs to be removed to fit headlamp, was refitted and aligned better than factory fit. A positive experience.:thumbsup:

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I had my first service FOC & as far as I can tell it was done competently.They replaced both puddle lights & adjusted head lamp aim but not had chance to test it. They found no fault regarding the keyless entry not allowing me to open drivers door occasionally. Occasionally I would get a stutter from the engine within a few miles of cold. Their answer seems to be to raise the idle speed a bit. They could do nothing with the nearside mirror adjustment issue.
I asked about under seal coverage as some channels at front seem to have wax coming out & others at rear I can see none. They compared it to another car & said its fine. If I want to take it further it will have to be booked into the bodyshop for photos to send to ford. That's a 180 mile round trip.
I asked about map updates & this is the reply.
"I have been told the latest map sd card available covers from June 2015 onwards which is the version that your vehicle is currently installed with. These map sd cards are available to purchase from our parts department for £269.91. Unfortunately my parts department were unable to tell me if a new map sd card will be available within the next year."
So the maps were a year out of date when I got the car. Probably due to the ludicrous price they sell very few so dont bother with updates. I can buy a Garmin or Tomtom with hardware lifteime map updates & traffic info for £150.

Tim

Last edited:

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
"These map sd cards are available to purchase from our parts department for £269.91" - you can buy them on ebay for much, much less than that.

The F4 cards have been around from long before June 2015; the F5 cards came out around Jan 2016 (I just missed getting one...)

A quick google search shows the F6 cards are now available - from £55...

I will get one in a couple of weeks; I am off to Germany at the weekend with my F4 version which is pretty good to be honest.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"These map sd cards are available to purchase from our parts department for £269.91" - you can buy them on ebay for much, much less than that.

The F4 cards have been around from long before June 2015; the F5 cards came out around Jan 2016 (I just missed getting one...)

A quick google search shows the F6 cards are now available - from £55...

I will get one in a couple of weeks; I am off to Germany at the weekend with my F4 version which is pretty good to be honest.
Link to the F6?

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Just google ford f6 sd satnav on ebay; I have ordered the £55 one with "karten" in the title and it will arrive next week when I am away so I will post my experience when I get back. It was satnavuk_direct I think.

The image looked to be a genuine Ford part at least.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

deep south

Threads
Reaction score