Sponsored

How did your Pirelli’s wear?

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
Just looking at my tyres now i have done 9000miles. The fronts are fine (no surprise) but the rears are just shy of the indicators on about 20% of the width. The wear is just off centre towards the outside on both tyres. Not really central enough for over inflation.... negative camber?

For context I don’t drive hard often. I never track. Never spun the wheels intentionally just the occasional small spin on pulling away in the wet or up the drive.

All my faster driving has been from rolling not standstills.

I know these tyres are known to not be ideal but do they compare to other people experiences?

Anyone else have the same areas of wear?

I expected to go through rears with this car but was hoping for even wear as otherwise it’s a waste of a tyre....

59FE741C-233F-4238-9F94-44AD6FCDE11A.jpeg

A7A453EA-2779-4355-AED8-B05DBEF12474.jpeg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can’t recall areas of wear, but i’d say my pirellis wore about as fast as that. Seems to be the main theme with them - they don’t last long.
I swapped all 4 at ~10k miles to michelin ps4s, i’m now on 27k miles and have ~4mm left on the rears, not sure of the fronts but i’m sure they are healthier.
Probably a similar driving style to you - i rarely thrash it about, and a large proportion of my miles have been motorway

OP
OP
FMJ

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
Thanks, hopefully my next choice will last a bit longer . I would be happy with 15000 with a car like this and my driving style.

I forgot to add they have been 32psi cold since new.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Same, rears were shot after 6k. Fronts loads of tread but were cracking. Always found Michelin to outlast any other brand. I replaced all 4 for MPS4S

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
The original Pirellis on the rear lasted just under 10k miles. The replacement (all round) Michelin PS4Ss have lasted a further 15k miles and still have plenty of meat left on the rears - they will easily last for 20k miles and are a much better tyre. The front PS4Ss will easily last for 30k miles, possibly 40k.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mine lasted 2000 miles before i had to bin them they were bald all over but even worn.

if you're lowered or have changed your suspension geo at all that may result in uneven wear.

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Mine lasted 4.5k before they hit the wear indicator on the rears. Wear was even.

The fronts had over half their life left when i swapped them at about 10k. This thread has just reminded me that i was going to put the fronts for sale on eBay as part worns but i completely forgot to get them back of the garage. Damnit!!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Mine on the GT were absolutely hopeless and I had to replace them at 18000kms
The Michelins on my Bullitt are vastly superior and I am told I should get 30,000kms out of them

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Pirelli's wore my patients thin pretty quickly :dance:

Think I had about 2k on mine, there wasn't enough tread to sell, so binned them.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just had my first MOT and my front Pirellis are both cracking apparently @ 10.5k miles. Not exactly premium...

Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My Pirelli rears wore exactly like that, lasted 6,000 miles. The fronts were more even. When I replaced them with Michelins the shop said the alignment wasn't bad at all, which surprised me considering how the Pirellis wore. However, my Michelins have been on the car for 4 years and over 35,000 miles and wear evenly.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The Pirelli's wore my patients thin pretty quickly :dance:
Poor people - it doesn't do to drive over one's patients !

I had P Zero Corsa's on my Evora which is about 300kg lighter and they were made out of cheese as well. The daft thing is despite the high wear rate the grip in the wet / cold was dreadful. PS4S is a MUCH better tyre.
Sponsored