Sponsored

How much was the Mustang in Feb? Was I undercharged?

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
Not that I am going to give them any more money but I was just wondering in all the confusion have they undercharged me by mistake?

I know there has been a price rise since I ordered. My original receipt only shows the total price not a break down so I don't know what I should have paid for the car I have.

Heres what I have.

2016 Mustang 5.0 V8 Manual with Custom pack and Black roof (£500) in Magnetic with Ebony Leather.

Looking on the ford website the car is £37,385 + £500 for the roof = £37,885 Today.
Why you can't click the black roof on the build tool I don't know and thats also a reason my original order did not have it as the dealer did not even tell me it was an option :headbonk:

Anyway long story short I picked up the car 2 weeks ago and paid £35,885 for it. Its not the car I ordered but was close enough (they ordered an auto) hence I got a different car which was originally ordered by the head of the GK car group.

Anyway. Did they miss a trick or would that have been the price for the car on my drive back in Feb when I ordered?
Sponsored

OP
OP

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
Yea I understand the Auto is more money. I did not order an auto but the dealer thinks that my original invoice was for an auto price and they could not find any original prices from when I ordered in Feb so all they did was take off £1500 for the auto from my original invoice and added £500 for the black roof option that I now have but did not order.

So that ended up at £35,885 but to me that sounds to cheap.

My question is what would I have paid for my current car if I ordered it in Feb?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Currently its £1500 more. Are you talking Feb prices?
Assuming Feb15 prices (as I remember them, not checked)...

GT Fastback Manual - £32995
Custom Pack - £1795
Magnetic - £595
Roof - £500

Total - £35885

Yeah, you got it too cheap. The road tax went up and you could have been stung for another tenner, iirc ;)

Congrats on the car, and your excellent taste in colour combo!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine in March

GT Fastback Manual - £32815
Guard Grey £595
Climate controlled seats £495
Reverse parking £295
Shaker pro £795
Delivery pack £99
Registration £55
Tax £1000

Total = £36249

Prices have changed, now they're:
Auto £1500
Convertible £3500

My car now cost £2k more according to Ford's website

OP
OP

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
£2k more is the same as my car now also v what I paid for it. I don't believe the world economy has risen so well in a few months so I guess there just taking the pee by putting the price up so much in a short period of time.

Still at least I got mine sub price hike and 5 months early :-)
Sponsored