Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
All what Hinch said and...

Because it isnt his fault to fix... it's the blooming dealers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There is every chance the dealer will make it worse. Is that the same one that engraves a giant knob on the bonnet?
The very same :curse:

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Am I the only one who would take the £400 refund and just give the car a good polish myself then enjoy the thing? Surely even with £400 a detailer could make good the paintwork to a decent standard? It doesn’t have to go to The most expensive place in the world for detailing!

Some seem to cause themselves more hassle by taking it further, I’ve experienced this many times working at a Ford dealer for 18 years now.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Am I the only one who would take the £400 refund and just give the car a good polish myself then enjoy the thing? Surely even with £400 a detailer could make good the paintwork to a decent standard? It doesn’t have to go to The most expensive place in the world for detailing!

Some seem to cause themselves more hassle by taking it further, I’ve experienced this many times working at a Ford dealer for 18 years now.
There is a principle involved here - this is a brand new car. Paintwork should be close to flawless coming direct from a dealer, and well protected after spending £400. The guy is now left with damaged paintwork, which takes experience to get it back to an as new standard, not something your average "wash at home" guy will be able to do, even with all the kit. The very least deserved here is what he's paid for, which now costs over & above the £400 as there is now a correction involved.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

you won't find a single detailer who'd do that level of correction for £400 there's probably better part of 100 quid worth of products let alone staff/light/tools etc.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
you won't find a single detailer who'd do that level of correction for £400 there's probably better part of 100 quid worth of products let alone staff/light/tools etc.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :giggle:

I think it’s ridiculous what some of these places charge.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
on colours that scratches show up really bad on (black and blue are notably terrible!) they're worth their weight in gold not to mention after 3 years my car is still scratch free with only a couple of dents due to the crows/ravens around here throwing rocks at the cars.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
This I why I chose white, and practice the 1 bucket method proudly, wash-rinse-dry-clean :like:

Had a black car once, never again. Waaaay too much effort :cwl:

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Just seen this fooking unbelievable a dealer wont take responsibility for this. Thats why i tell them not to touch my cars leave all stickers on dont wash it etc then straight to detailer to get it done right. Lifetime protection from dealer consists of a £40 kit applied by a minimum wage valeter that dea;erships charge out at £250 plus, Both my Stangs the detailer commented on how good the factory paint was yuor guy is talking crap.
You have given them the opportunity to put it right they have not.Check out the Motortrades Ombudsman a big dealer is almost certainly signed up to this,tell them you are going to them if not resolved. If your still getting no where tell them your going to file a money claim online dead easy to do nothing like the cost of engaging a Solicitor.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Thanks @RSPcooper. Now I have asked for like to like replacement of body stripes kit (£1600 for all the factory installed OEM vinyls pieces), which now dealership refusing to supply because of outrageous price. ThinkFord is on Motor Ombudsman, I believe. How does it work with Small claims, does one need to get all the work done in a Ford Approved shop and file claims in small claims court? I dont think there any Ford approved Professional detailers. Dealer offered to fix the paint swirls at one of their ford approved body shop, which I dont want or take £600 and do whatever.

Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Thanks @RSPcooper. Now I have asked for like to like replacement of body stripes kit (£1600 for all the factory installed OEM vinyls pieces), which now dealership refusing to supply because of outrageous price. ThinkFord is on Motor Ombudsman, I believe. How does it work with Small claims, does one need to get all the work done in a Ford Approved shop and file claims in small claims court? I dont think there any Ford approved Professional detailers. Dealer offered to fix the paint swirls at one of their ford approved body shop, which I dont want or take £600 and do whatever.
Why have you not taken legal advice or seen a solicitor. They would have advised you of your rights. You would now know what the law states, what to expect as a customer, what the dealer is or isn't liable and responsible for. Its now a month or so since you first asked "what should I do ?" Why ask anybody on here. Surely the only advice you should be asking is from a qualified legal solicitor. I do wish you well, and hope that you secure an amicable ending.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
...and guess what?

Chris (LowriderLincoln) is correct - you should see a solicitor

They will tell you everything that he said above .....

and at the first meeting - it wont cost you a penny!

but! ....

for your peace of mind - when you make the appointment - check if they charge for initial meeting -

normally they dont!

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
Just before my warranty is finished, my evaporator is changed. Good news in a way.

Next day I noticed the wipers aren't parking where they ought to. Looking close under the bonnet I find a couple of harness clips not re-secured to their rightful places. Shoddy finishing off. Makes you wonder how good the basic job was?!

I reset the wipers to the right place - easy as the windscreen even has the home position printed on its reverse side. No excuse for the garage getting it so wrong (by about 40-50mm).

Shame since I thought Think Ford Farnborough were better than that.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
By the way Guys, I have settled all the paint issues with ford now. Got money both from Ford Credit and Dealer, which was enough for 2 stage paint correction by Andy@Unique Detail, Toddington plus CarPro cquartz ceramic coating (all around).
Thanks everyone for their help, suggestions, and Kristian for all help from start of the issue to the resolution.
Checkout Video from Unique Details instagram page - Mustang after paint correction:

Mustang after, Ceramic coating:

Thank you again everyone.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Great, looks good, how much in legal fees did you pay??!
Sponsored