OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds like the dealership have told customer relations they have sorted it to get them off their back! Hope you do get it sorted soon.
Ooh they’ll regret it if thats the case :lol:

Honestly the most frustrating, uncomfortable, anxious experience i’ve ever been through, and i literally feel helpless.
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I've just sat round for an hour an a half in Stoneacre Doncaster waiting for my car to be serviced only to find out that they don't have an oil filter !!! :frusty::paddle::crazy:

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] where did you take yours?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've just sat round for an hour an a half in Stoneacre Doncaster waiting for my car to be serviced only to find out that they don't have an oil filter !!! :frusty::paddle::crazy:

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] where did you take yours?
I had Stewarts guy do it for me while he was doing some other upgrades for me at same time. Garage on cantley lane near / behind petrol station. he was fitting a load of other bits for me cos it was cold and I didn't want to roll around on the floor freezing my bollocks off I had a filter and some oil on me so just dropped it all off with him and let him do it all.

Did you not bring filters back with you from the states?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I had Stewarts guy do it for me while he was doing some other upgrades for me at same time. Garage on cantley lane near / behind petrol station. he was fitting a load of other bits for me cos it was cold and I didn't want to roll around on the floor freezing my bollocks off I had a filter and some oil on me so just dropped it all off with him and let him do it all.

Did you not bring filters back with you from the states?
No I didn't but I'll be going back.

Stoneacre just phoned very apologetic suppose these things happen. :headbonk:

Made use of my time there a put a deposit on a new one. Have to fess up to the missus before you tell her :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
No I didn't but I'll be going back.

Stoneacre just phoned very apologetic suppose these things happen. :headbonk:

Made use of my time there a put a deposit on a new one. Have to fess up to the missus before you tell her :)

haha please tell me it'll be green and shiney not another boring red one :)

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
haha please tell me it'll be green and shiney not another boring red one :)
Boring red/bmw blue :shrug: whatever :D

Anyway they serviced it this morning then sent me on my way without filling in the service book. Pretty p*ss poor to be honest. It's just a good job I like the sales team especially Mike :thumbsup:

Yes books have opened for the Bullitt and I'm told I got one of the two allocated

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Boring red/bmw blue :shrug: whatever :D

Anyway they serviced it this morning then sent me on my way without filling in the service book. Pretty p*ss poor to be honest. It's just a good job I like the sales team especially Mike :thumbsup:

Yes books have opened for the Bullitt and I'm told I got one of the two allocated
Bring it to Stoneacre York if Donny are no good for you I’ll sort out a decent service price for you ;)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Bring it to Stoneacre York if Donny are no good for you I’ll sort out a decent service price for you ;)
It's a long way to drive back to in order to York to get the service book filled in :lol:

These things happen I know but my history with the service department at Stoneacre Doncaster is a long and arduous one believe me....but the service staff mean well, the lady at the desk was great and I'm over it already :thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
. It's just a good job I like the sales team especially Mike :thumbsup:
and yet its the sales team that resulted in me spending 100k with lookers in sheffield not stoneacre doncaster :)

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Despite the hellish journey, i received some good news from Ford Guildford this week, it’s looking like my warranty saga may finally be over. This was in one of the emails;

“After vigorous water tests with the interior stripped we haven't been able to find any water entering the vehicle. However, we could see new water appearing in the o/s/r foot well.
We have now managed to pinpoint that this water is coming from the chassis rail on the floor.
We believe that it is water from the original leak that was trapped in there and when standing is leaking out.
I have attached an image which will hopefully help you understand the area i'm talking about.
Its a small opening so is taking us some time to make sure is completely dry, but we don't want to fit the new carpet until we can see no further signs of water coming from that area.”

Makes a lot of sense based on all the observations, and the water i thought i could hear sloshing around as i drove wasn’t actually me going insane! So thats good news also

Should be ready mid week - they have confirmed they spent a couple of days drawing all the water out and have begun putting it back together, and will add the new carpet. Pick up should come with some good weather so i’m a happy chap right now. Still far from over however, as i’ll be taking up with Ford how poorly they handled this.

Looking forward to a few meets and a much needed clean/detail! I’m sure there will be some 2018 mods for me too :)

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
So today I decide to take my son to see a MY18 and eventually get the guy to come outside with the keys so he can stand there whilst I fire it up in track mode. He had no clue how to operate anything but eventually I get him to open the bonnet so we can take a look. Anyhow I thought I’d ask him how the heated steering wheel works (I’m presuming it comes on with the heated seat) , he fiddles through the menus and can’t anything, goes off to ask someone else and comes back and says it doesn’t have a heated steering wheel lol

Little John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon
When I went to our local dealer the lass told me that I had to put the clutch in before I could start it. Probably would have been accurate except it was an automatic.:doh:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Put my car in for its second service, asked them to fit leds to the sidelights and the DRL, the fitted the ones on the sidelights no problem, but the the maintenance dept said it was too tricky to fit the them to the headlamps as no access.....:shrug: 2nd time they botched up, 1st service was asked to do the same task, wasn't added the the work task. Makes me wonder how much training the dealership has on mustangs.
Sponsored