So how was your Ford experience today?

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
At 5 years service & 20k miles I was told my GT needed new brake discs & pads front & rear but they did not have the parts & were waiting on notification of delivery time. It was said to be OK to drive till MOT expired. Three days later I was told that delivery was over two weeks.
They phoned after two weeks & said they had the parts, the problem was getting an MOT retest slot as it was over two weeks since MOT so a full retest was needed. Booked for Friday 6th Aug & job completed, they did not charge me for the MOT retest. Cost was eye-watering, huge difference in cost for front/rear pads. Brake pedal is much firmer now & seems higher up & a bit more abrupt. Hopefully they will soon bed in & be easier to modulate.
At service they supplied a new pack of tyre sealant & reset the warning on the dash but did not fit it to the pump. ÂŁ34 for sealant, what's in it something exotic like squid ink?
Do you mind to say how much the cost was for the pads and discs?
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yeah i'd be curious as to where folks are getting their braking components from if not from Ford. I notice most brake pads dont come with the pins and pad spacers (top plate) so that's un helpful

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just seen this thread AFTER posting my own irritable summary of a service at Ford this week. I could have added it here.

"If complaining changed anything, they would have banned it by now" - Mark "Ford" Twain.
Sponsored