Sponsored

So a Twister Orange GT is a PoPo magnet for sure!

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT
I owned my velocity blue for about a year and a half and was pulled over about three times. Six months of owning my twister orange I’m at six.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
As a retired cop the color of a car never was a factor in deciding to stop someone or not. But thats just me. And didn’t know people still used popo.
What do people use now? Fuzz, five-O, clue me in please? On color, waaay back in the 80's in one of my various "traffic schools" right at the start the officer asked everyone whose car was red, black or white to raise their hands, 80% of the class (and me black car) did. Next he told us statistically police see these colors as "sport" car colors and you will likely get the ticket even if another car is going faster in a cluster. Could of been his rap back then but most of us were in that group. Orange is the new black, LOL!

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
What do people use now? Fuzz, five-O, clue me in please? On color, waaay back in the 80's in one of my various "traffic schools" right at the start the officer asked everyone whose car was red, black or white to raise their hands, 80% of the class (and me black car) did. Next he told us statistically police see these colors as "sport" car colors and you will likely get the ticket even if another car is going faster in a cluster. Could of been his rap back then but most of us were in that group. Orange is the new black, LOL!
Like I said I'm only speaking for myself when I said color didn't matter when making a stop, can't speak for the other roughly 100,000 cops in the united states. (and I was a cop in the 80's) Maybe he was trying to intimidate drivers, don't know. I have no idea what people use now been out of the business for a few years.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I have to concur with Finally 21. Color didn't really matter to me, but actions did. Can't speak for the rest of my brothers and sisters.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I've never been pulled over by the police in my entire "career" of driving lol. I also don't do stupid things on the road and have kept my car in good repair license and registration up to date. With my new Mustang it's not one of the eye magnet colors like bright red or orange, but velocity blue is still more eye catching than black or white. However driving for the last 2.5 months I have yet to get even a glance from police. I also still don't drive like a maniac or a jerk on the roads so maybe that's why? 🤷‍♀️. I'm also a woman so maybe I'm not seen as one that would act up on the road like a young male driver of a Mustang would...

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m very surprised by a lot of these pull overs. I’m wondering if they are because they are in very rural areas. My car stands out in a crowd like you would not believe and is also obnoxiously loud and in California there are no cops. People are driving like maniacs on the highway at 90+ and there’s not a cop to be seen. If there is one there pulled off to the side under the trees just relaxing. There are a lot of accidents on our highways here which they are tending to at all times due to the speeding. The last time I was pulled over was with my 2005 SRT4 and it was my fault. I let some jack ass in a mustang believe it or not get me riled up at a light and we went a little drag racing. Didn’t see the cop in the turn lane.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I hear yea! :giggle:

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised to hear of your experience... if anything, mine has been the complete opposite, mind you my car is Grabber Blue and not Twister Orange, and I live in Canada lol.

I find the cops in my area go after the rice burners and people who think cutting their muffler off is cool... they leave the nice cars alone unless it's deserved... ask me how I know :crackup:

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wondering how it will be with the Grabber Blue Metallic I have on order..... In the past I attempted to limit po-po attention by getting more subdued colors and it really didn't work. I was an old school original LS1 F-body owner and I picked "Light Pewter Metallic" as the color, because it was more subdued.... I got pulled over once a month.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
I have to concur with Finally 21. Color didn't really matter to me, but actions did. Can't speak for the rest of my brothers and sisters.
I would agree even after my "traffic school" days (ahem). I'll say this I've driven around Indianapolis for over 20 years now and not saying I'm the Carnac the Magnificent, but I know the feeling of driving with a cop in traffic vs. being followed. The first guy had to do U turn to appear in my rear view the second one really felt like being followed very much.

For you Cali dudes yeah this is Indiana we don't see much fancy cars... oh wait we do have a Speedway where they have some races off and on. LOL

For the lucky ones never pulled over, well you might never of had shoulder length hair wearing a headband and a suede fringe jacket riding in a Chevy van with curtains and a 8 track then! hahaha.. Any law enforcement folks from back in that day might weigh in? ;-)

1642371528691.png

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
On color, waaay back in the 80's in one of my various "traffic schools" right at the start the officer asked everyone whose car was red, black or white to raise their hands, 80% of the class (and me black car) did. Next he told us statistically police see these colors as "sport" car colors and you will likely get the ticket even if another car is going faster in a cluster.
Those three colors makeup over 50% of all cars sold. So I guess statistically you would be more likely to get a ticket driving them.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
What do people use now? Fuzz, five-O, clue me in please?
The classic "pig" is still used frequently. I mostly hear that one come from protests and social-politic issue situations. Otherwise, "One-time" and "12" are pretty common.

It's all generational or social environment for choice of slang.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
The classic "pig" is still used frequently. I mostly hear that one come from protests and social-politic issue situations. Otherwise, "One-time" and "12" are pretty common.

It's all generational or social environment for choice of slang.
I like PD or five-O personally.

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It's winter-ish in Indiana and I've had the GT mothballed in the garage for a bit. It hit 44 the other days so my gal and I decided to runs some errands (no parking and leaving) plus little country drive in the area to keep the GT going. We're headed out a twistly local farm road and I passed local popo in their SUV going the other way. I was doing about 40 mph in straight and curves. I kept checking the rear mirror and dang if he'd didn't show up as I was leaving a long straight stretch headed to another curvy part. I maintained legal speed but he was way back, finally dropped off after seeing I was keeping the peace. Next headed down another local road when our Metro popo turned in after I made my turn, 35 mph area. Man I clocked in at 33 or 34 mph for 3 or more miles with him like 4 to 5 car lengths back just following and following. Came to an intersection, went right, he did too, again us doing the 3 under-the-limit two step til I hit a circle and went left and he finally gave up. Man o man still being a newbie to my TO GT it gets me how much of a jerk or popo magnet this car can be. Still it was nice to take the GT out for a cruise. ;)
ever think that the police owned a mustang and liked yours?