Sponsored

So a Twister Orange GT is a PoPo magnet for sure!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
When I first started looking at Mustangs my wife advised not to get a red one out of concern for this. I've owned a silver S550 and now white and I don't get attention at all. I guess she was right. :)
Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a twister gt as well. I have to agree with one of the other posters here, it really depends on the area you live in to see if the cops are really interested in your car. In my locale, it is mostly boosted jdm cars that whine and scream that get the most attention. I generally don't go 10-15 kmph or 8-12 mph over the posted speed limit anywhere so I havent had any interaction with the police.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Mine is blue but I had the same experience in Avon yesterday! I was on 36 turning onto Ronald Reagan. In under 10 miles I had been tailed by 3 cops and one flashed his lights at me when he was next to me clearly pacing me. I was going the limit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Mine is blue but I had the same experience in Avon yesterday! I was on 36 turning onto Ronald Reagan. In under 10 miles I had been tailed by 3 cops and one flashed his lights at me when he was next to me clearly pacing me. I was going the limit.
LMAO, I live in Avon, we were driving around Plainfield then looped back up to Avon. It was a Plainfield SUV then a Metro cop picked me up again in far west Avon. Small world dude!

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
LMAO, I live in Avon, we were driving around Plainfield then looped back up to Avon. It was a Plainfield SUV then a Metro cop picked me up again in far west Avon. Small world dude!
We might take the same windy road I live in Plainfield lol

Let's get together and cruise on a warmer day! Love the orange

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
We might take the same windy road I live in Plainfield lol

Let's get together and cruise on a warmer day! Love the orange
Can do but nice driving weather's hit and miss right now. For sure in early Spring.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Maybe it's because I'm in Canada, but I cannot understand what's the issue with police and why would one give up great car color just because of this. If they catch me speeding, they will give a ticket regardless of the color. Otherwise who cares if they pay attention or not?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Some bunch of idiots 😁. And your avatar proves that color doesn't matter

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I dont think its the color as much as it is the car. I have only been puled over once in the 15 years I have had the expedition. I was going 10 over, and he comes up to my window and says it was a mistake and the cop actually apologized to me (maybe he liked my bumper stickers 😂). I had my first Mustang, DIB, for two months and I got pulled over for doing three over the limit. I didnt get the ticket but the cop acted like I was a murder suspect or something.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
maybe, maybe not. I know a mustang isn’t a exotic but if I’m driving one of mine, I’ve more times than not either a) gotten pulled over because they want to talk cars b) flashed and I look over to see a wave or them smiling ear to ear. :) overall if you’re not doing anything to give reason, no really to worry about LEOs

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I get more attention in my beater from the police than my Mustang, lol. Cops don't seem to mind it. It's not an obnoxious color, but it's quite loud.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Cops in my area don't even seem to bother with Mustangs. (Except the one that asked me if I wanted to race) I've never had the required front plate either. They have other things to do than worry If I'm going 10 over.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it's because I'm in Canada, but I cannot understand what's the issue with police and why would one give up great car color just because of this. If they catch me speeding, they will give a ticket regardless of the color. Otherwise who cares if they pay attention or not?
My larger point is how someone in a known fast sport car will get attention and will get followed to see what you do at times. I drive a bland white 2015 Passat most of the time and never once had any police tail me like the GT. Usually I'm doing 75mph in a 55 zone and the cops never "see" me.
and I'm not complaining, the fact that I own a car they want to follow is fun enough for me, I'll do the real racing on the tracks in spring and summer. There's something to be said about just "cruising" your ride.
Sponsored