Sponsored

So a Twister Orange GT is a PoPo magnet for sure!

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
A note we have another post about how other drivers act like jerks to us Mustang drivers. There's plenty of posts to prove there's something to it. Plus already in my short ownership my own experiences to confirm. I'm all in on loving my GT and willing to deal with the other stuff too. The payback, the compliments, the wishful looks, or like my gal walking out to the GT the other day overhear a young dad with 2 small boys looking at the Mustang and said "Wow what a car!" to his sons. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
My larger point is how someone in a known fast sport car will get attention and will get followed to see what you do at times. I drive a bland white 2015 Passat most of the time and never once had any police tail me like the GT. Usually I'm doing 75mph in a 55 zone and the cops never "see" me.
and I'm not complaining, the fact that I own a car they want to follow is fun enough for me, I'll do the real racing on the tracks in spring and summer. There's something to be said about just "cruising" your ride.
I get it, I have the same color as you and it's bright a sun in the sea of grey, white and black suv boxes 😄. there is no way anyone would not notice it. I also have no issues them following me and don't mind to chat if they have any questions. keeping spirited driving at the tracks as well.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's ridiculous. I've been followed around by cops many times for being in a muscle car... fully legally registered, insured, not breaking any laws. Now low and behold if you're in a 20 year old rusted out Accord with fake paper plates and a 5" fart pipe, they will absolutely ignore you.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I'm a retired popo. While I'm sure it made a lot of people nervous, most of the time I was going to the same general area as them, they just happened to be in front of me.
Now if somebody was acting a fool and it got my attention, then I made it my best to meet this somebody face to face. And as somebody said earlier, we hate loosing races, but we had slow ass police cars and restrictive policies. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

Sponsored

CrowsHeadSoup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It's winter-ish in Indiana...
Indiana, eh? Myself, I'm an associate member of the Indiana Sheriff's Association, with a sticker on the back glass, and hoping that helps. Should the need arise. Although it made not a lick of difference when I was in Wyoming last summer.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Indiana, eh? Myself, I'm an associate member of the Indiana Sheriff's Association, with a sticker on the back glass, and hoping that helps. Should the need arise. Although it made not a lick of difference when I was in Wyoming last summer.
Trust me that sticker means nothing to any law enforcement. I'll let any current or retired members chime in but don't think helps at all, your last sentence tells.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
A lot of gray hair will solve your police problem. Give it 30 years or so....lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Magnetic metallic. Nuff said. I pass police regularly at 85+ and they just look the other way.
Yep. I went loud inside the car with the red seats.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
A lot of gray hair will solve your police problem. Give it 30 years or so....lol
yup. Funny older i get worse my hearing & the more quite I prefer my exhaust…not sure how that pans out Ahahaha.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Trust me that sticker means nothing to any law enforcement. I'll let any current or retired members chime in but don't think helps at all, your last sentence tells.
Oh I think it helps as long as you're not grossly stupid (DUI, or reckless). Active members stand a better chance than associate members.
Then again, I knew officers (mostly traffic) that would write their own mothers.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Man, back in 2015 when this body style was new, I got pulled over 3 times in the first month after I bought it... and my car is black! (two warnings, some questions about the unfamiliar body style, and one b.s. ticket that didn't stick.)

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red
As a retired cop the color of a car never was a factor in deciding to stop someone or not. But thats just me. And didn’t know people still used popo.
Sponsored