SmokingTire Bullitt Review

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I also found it amusing that in his expert opinion, the 1968 Bullitt drove like crap......Wow, a car built in 1968 is crap compared to a car built in 2018... Now there's a revelation.....
Sponsored

Coyoterunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gaurd GT 6SPM
Why do people keep saying you can modify a base GT PP up to the same performance spec as a Bullitt, as if its some sort of a revelation. Its no secret that this is achievable. The reality is, even if you do spend money to modify a base GT or PP to a Bullitt performance spec it will never be a Bullitt. It wont ever be numbered nor documented through Ford so making the comparison to begin with is absolute rot IMO.
I've heard so many variations and opinions about cost comparisons of a base GT PP vs a Bullitt, I'm fairly confident that no one (at the time of this post) could modify a base GT PP to look, sound and perform like a Bullitt for the additional cost that seperates the two today. When making the comparision why not include all of it? In addition, comparing a Bullitt to a 350 is just as crazy and just doesnt fit the comaprison. And saying you may as well stretch your self to buy a 350 simply demonstrates the lack of undersatnding that some people have budgets and the Bullitt sits perfectly in that space. Should 350 owners stretch Budgets to GT 500 prices? Where should the stretch end?
Simply there's a lot more to it and performence shouldnt be the only focus here. And if your not a Bullitt fan, your not into the exclusivity of Dark Highland Green, you don't care for McQueen, cars with build numbers nor do you appreciate paying homage to one of the greatest car chases to ever hit the big screen that's fine too - I'm sure there are lots of you. I'm also sure that some of you Non Bullitt lovers will even become fans your self one day. Its horses for courses.
Personly I see the Bullitt as a great option that sits perfectly in the market space. There is quite a waiting list here in Australia, I suspect that in the states there are more who want one than currenltly available too.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Eh, this review sounds like Ford took some of his lunch money...

Most people discussing price (including Matt) obviously can't use a calculator. MSRP to MSRP and option to option, a PP1 Premium with the same/similar options relative to a Bullitt, is MORE expensive (I'm using ford.ca, BTW). This doesn't even factor in all the unique goodies the Bullitt package brings and not to mention the GT350 parts under the hood. So you say you can save $5K because of incentives? Big deal. It WILL NOT hold it's value like the Bullitt will...FACT. Thus, price is irrelevant.

As far as the rest of the review...Matt hardly knows what he's talking about regarding the content in the car. Basically just crap-talking it because he doesn't want a "movie" car or something related to a man's name. Yet he wants a Shelby. What a tool. I take most reviews with a grain of salt, but for Matt...a heaping pile is needed.

As far as I'm concerned...if you're planning on buying a fully loaded Mustang and like the look of the Bullitt, it's really a no-brainer. Better performance. Better looks (IMHO). And WAY better resale. Makes no sense why you wouldn't do it.

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Lol wow, he clearly missed the video I already made explaining why I didn't get the GT350. It's amazing how many people can't wrap their head around the idea that different people want and like different things. The common "my way or the highway" mentality here.
Matt,
He says he’s a fan of your channel but unfortunately he had some pretty harsh words towards you about liking and buying the Bullitt.
Paul

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Eh, this review sounds like Ford took some of his lunch money...

Most people discussing price (including Matt) obviously can't use a calculator. MSRP to MSRP and option to option, a PP1 Premium with the same/similar options relative to a Bullitt, is MORE expensive (I'm using ford.ca, BTW). This doesn't even factor in all the unique goodies the Bullitt package brings and not to mention the GT350 parts under the hood. So you say you can save $5K because of incentives? Big deal. It WILL NOT hold it's value like the Bullitt will...FACT. Thus, price is irrelevant.

As far as the rest of the review...Matt hardly knows what he's talking about regarding the content in the car. Basically just crap-talking it because he doesn't want a "movie" car or something related to a man's name. Yet he wants a Shelby. What a tool. I take most reviews with a grain of salt, but for Matt...a heaping pile is needed.

As far as I'm concerned...if you're planning on buying a fully loaded Mustang and like the look of the Bullitt, it's really a no-brainer. Better performance. Better looks (IMHO). And WAY better resale. Makes no sense why you wouldn't do it.
I don’t know what Ford build site you are on, but a Bullet is about $4000 more then a similar equipped premium GT.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know what Ford build site you are on, but a Bullet is about $4000 more then a similar equipped premium GT.
I was using the ford.ca website...as I live in Canada.

Even still...using ford.com for clarity, a Bullitt is steal cheaper, option to option, MSRP to MSRP, than a GT Premium with similar/same options. So I have no idea how people are getting these numbers.

EDIT: Typo...

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was using the ford.ca website...as I live in Canada.

Even still...using ford.com for clarity, a Bullitt is steal cheaper, option to option, MSRP to MSRP, than a GT Premium with similar/same options. So I have no idea how people are getting these numbers.

EDIT: Typo...
We need Matt Maran to clarify? I believe he said the Bullitt is about $800 more than an equivalent built PP1 GT but obviously you get the extra 20 HP because of the GT350 CAI and the better throttle body...

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He had all kinds of stupid comments in this video. Wasn't even sure what the model year was. Clearly he went into it with a bad attitude already like as if someone was forcing him to go on the press drive.
Hey Matt,
I was just curious do you follow Matt Moreman at Obsessed Garage channel on Youtube? I believe he’s also originally from the Pittsburgh area...

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We need Matt Maran to clarify? I believe he said the Bullitt is about $800 more than an equivalent built PP1 GT but obviously you get the extra 20 HP because of the GT350 CAI and the better throttle body...
I crunched the numbers on both websites:

*Ford Canada ($2150 difference)
Bullitt = $59,375 Canadian (fully loaded, sans Recaro and Car Cover)
GT Premium = $61,525 Canadian (401A, Security Pack, PP1, Safe&Smart, Exhaust, Magneride, B&O sound)

*Ford USA ($40 difference)
Bullitt = $51,385 US (Electronics pack, Magneride)
GT Premium = $51,425 US (Same options as the previous GT)

This is obviously excluding any factory discounts/incentives, etc...but unless both websites are wrong, MSRP to MSRP a Bullitt is cheaper.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
What you guys are not taking into account is the cool factor of the Bullitt. Maybe to some people it has no value, but to many others it does. In the week I have had mine, I had a guy in a Camaro pull up behind me at a red light, and pulls out his phone and take a picture of the Bullitt. Today I was parked on the street in Penticton, getting into the car and a guy in a pick up drives buy and yells out the window "Great Mustang...….Bullitt!"

It's not about simple $, the Bullitt to many has this coolness about it that causes people to pull out their cameras to take pictures of it and yell out their windows as they drive by.....
Whether you want to admit it or not, the car is special.....not for everyone, but pretty damn special all the same......

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I actually went back and checked Ford's site the other day and when I built out a GTPP with the same options it was actually $300 more than a Bullitt lol.

Hey Matt,
I was just curious do you follow Matt Moreman at Obsessed Garage channel on Youtube? I believe he’s also originally from the Pittsburgh area...
I've heard the name but don't follow him.

I crunched the numbers on both websites:

*Ford Canada ($2150 difference)
Bullitt = $59,375 Canadian (fully loaded, sans Recaro and Car Cover)
GT Premium = $61,525 Canadian (401A, Security Pack, PP1, Safe&Smart, Exhaust, Magneride, B&O sound)

*Ford USA ($40 difference)
Bullitt = $51,385 US (Electronics pack, Magneride)
GT Premium = $51,425 US (Same options as the previous GT)

This is obviously excluding any factory discounts/incentives, etc...but unless both websites are wrong, MSRP to MSRP a Bullitt is cheaper.
If you compare a base Bullitt to a comparable GTPP the difference actually gets greater, with the GTPP being about $300 more.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Lots of shade thrown. Hope someone claps back or melts the twitersphere down

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually went back and checked Ford's site the other day and when I built out a GTPP with the same options it was actually $300 more than a Bullitt lol.

I've heard the name but don't follow him.

If you compare a base Bullitt to a comparable GTPP the difference actually gets greater, with the GTPP being about $300 more.
Matt Farah lives in Commifornia...enough said about his character! smh lol
Sponsored