Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Brilliant

Farah was nicer than this guy though:

Lol wow, he clearly missed the video I already made explaining why I didn't get the GT350. It's amazing how many people can't wrap their head around the idea that different people want and like different things. The common "my way or the highway" mentality here.
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The scenery was spectacular and car sounded phenomenal but just someone who has no interest in an Icon.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I hope Jimmy G that Ford don't shortchange us with the exhaust here in Australia. It does sound great in the video reviews!
Black tips notwithstanding, the Bullitt effectively has the same exhaust as that fitted to the newly arrived 2018 Oz Spec GT's.

We're golden :).

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Remove the bullitt and mcqueen bias and I thought that was an excellent review. I loved the driving....first time I've seen the thing close to being driven at limit and it just made my spine tingle. I knew it would go fast proper, but the braking was also spectacular.

I know it is a little nose heavy, I know it is not German and the hood can flutter at speed. I know the plastics are and fit and finish are not going to be up to par with the Germans. I also know that this is the perfect car for me....it is only $50k which is an absolute bargain today for the performance and feel. You have to spend more than double that to equal it in a Porsche and you don't get the guttural charm of this car, which is what I want.

Nice video.

Now all I need is a car.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Some of the commentary was "uninspiring". The sound recording of the exhaust and drive perspective was nice. Yesterday, I was irritated when I watched it. As such, I was told that I need to pray for him so that he might have all good things that I want in life as a future '19 Bullitt owner, so here goes.

"God, please give that sonofab---- everything he deserves. Amen"

And that's all from me on this one :)

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The review is spot on. Great car, but from the perspective of your average Mustang enthusiast, it's severely overpriced at MSRP or higher. Like Matt said, stretch the budget and get a GT350 or find a discounted PP2 with similar options and save yourself $5k+. Both the GT350 and the PP2 are better overall performers and more fun to drive, especially in the canyons. Obviously none of this matters for the people with a hard-on for Steve McQueen or the movie but this review was not made for them. Those folks have ordered their cars long before any of the journalists got to drive one and were happy to pay MSRP or even a mark-up. Different strokes for different folks.

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 5.0L V8
Vehicle Showcase
I was surprised about his negativity because Matt (TheSmokingTire) is usually a big fan of the Mustang in general and owns a Fox body track car and has expressed his desire for a GT350R

OP
OP

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The review is spot on. Great car, but from the perspective of your average Mustang enthusiast, it's severely overpriced at MSRP or higher. Like Matt said, stretch the budget and get a GT350 or find a discounted PP2 with similar options and save yourself $5k+. Both the GT350 and the PP2 are better overall performers and more fun to drive, especially in the canyons. Obviously none of this matters for the people with a hard-on for Steve McQueen or the movie but this review was not made for them. Those folks have ordered their cars long before any of the journalists got to drive one and were happy to pay MSRP or even a mark-up. Different strokes for different folks.
His lack of enthusiasm for Steve McQueen aside, I feel his points about the price and value of the Bullitt mainly come down to a base criticism of how expensive a Premium GT is which he may not even be aware of he's complaining about. Even though the Bullitt actually is a good deal when comparing to a normal Mustang GT Premium, with the electronic dash, magneride, active exhaust, and PP1 (within $1k), it's still damn near $50k for a non-SVT Mustang.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I personally don't issue with an opinion on value for the money or handling prowess in a comparative sense. The tone and implied "you're dumb if you like something this irrelevant" was offputting. Beyond that, folks all have their opinions. I just didn't like this one in the way it was expressed.

Sponsored

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
I understand his point of view, but I was still a bit surprised that he took that old-news position regarding the movie and its star. Considering how many Mustang sales the two of them probably influenced over the years, that makes Bullitt a permanent part of Ford’s history. That said, I felt the actual review was fair, given his overall lack of enthusiasm. As a side note, how far past it are the Shelby Mustang’s racing achievements, and no one really complains about the name showing up on new Mustangs, well, except its part in boosting dealer markups.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Lol wow, he clearly missed the video I already made explaining why I didn't get the GT350. It's amazing how many people can't wrap their head around the idea that different people want and like different things. The common "my way or the highway" mentality here.
I agree, different strokes...his delivery was funny even if his message was a bit off.

In the watch world we all have a "grail" watch, our holy grail, our dream watch.

I hope you enjoy your "grail" car in good health.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I didn't start the video until 1:28, when he pulls onto the road and accelerates away. From this point on, it is actually a fun video. Nice to see the on board perspective of it being driven reasonably hard and the twisty road and his unchecked enthusiasm at its performance.....

For people who do not get the movie connection, it is likely just an overpriced Mustang. But not withstanding the connection to the movie, it's clean lines and that wonderful DHG, are what I like about it, and the fact you won't pass too many on the road, which is also nice....and it's unique sound..........

Sweet ass car is all I can say.......

roskorocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang - bone stock (for now)
I was surprised about his negativity because Matt (TheSmokingTire) is usually a big fan of the Mustang in general and owns a Fox body track car and has expressed his desire for a GT350R
Altho he hasn't been a huge fan of the S550. I thought the video was a little salty. But damn, that car sounds awesome and looks great!
Sponsored